PS3 Update 4.45

HeySumbode

I was so close to downloading the update and then saw the fourm on playstation.com and decided to wait 

then everyone started saying their Ps3's were getting corrupted etc so i told all my friends :) 

I saved a lot of lives today :P 

I highly doubt Sony did this on purpose.

That is exactly what they want you to think.. that they didnt do it purposely. .... haha.

if it's not so useful then i don't need it  :lol: but funny that whether you need it or not you'll still have to download it so you can play online or enter the playstation store  :huh:

and why would i wanna turn the trophy notification off?

there's these glitched or hard to earn trophies / platinum that i am trying to unlock for years, and once i unlocked them and the " PLING! " sound and the trophy showed, i'll jump with joy like an idiot and tell whoever sit next to me by then the drinks is on me.   

this update is live, it gives you the option to show a notification when you earn a trophy

not exactly sure why anyone would want this.  :hmm:

It takes the element of immersion out of a game.  I don't want some emotional moment in a game (think RDR or Heavy Rain ending), ruined by a stupid trophy pop-up message.  I definitely see myself using this feature on first play-throughs, when I want to enjoy the story.

Edited by Eternal21

Man I found out about the shitty news after my PS3 did an auto-update. I played a little bit after the update and everything was fine, but now I'm scared to turn on my PS3.

I'm lucky that I didn't did the update at night. Thank god I turned off my PS3 from the light and didn't make the auto-update. Now that remembers me that I need to turn off the auto-update unless something bad happens.