PS3 Update 4.45

HeySumbode

Man I found out about the shitty news after my PS3 did an auto-update. I played a little bit after the update and everything was fine, but now I'm scared to turn on my PS3.

This is exactly why I don't use the auto-update feature for games or system updates.

• Like 1

You still have the update? I'm kinda scared since they pulled it offline...

yep, i'm still on 4.45 and my console is ok (now turned it off and on again and it's still ok). If you are unsure or just want to be extra safe, hold off abit until the general consensus says it's ok.

From Sony:

We have identified the issue related to the PlayStation 3 software update (version 4.45) that impacted a small number of PS3 systems earlier this week. A new PS3 system software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves the issue. Thank you for your patience and understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/06/21/fix-for-playstation-3-firmware-update-4-45-coming-on-june-27th/

Update: in the play station forums....

A new software update is planned to be released on June 27 that resolves the issue. They have identified the issue related to update version 4.45. Be patient fellow users.

I have it installed and it didn't brick my console.... What to do?

Keep playing, remember that not everybody got bricked with the update.

Times like this, I'm glad I have a crappy internet connection so I have to update my PS3 with a USB drive :P

I highly doubt Sony did this on purpose.

Oh i know I don't think there are any companies stupid enough to do something like this on purpose. It is just one more thing that fanboys will use to try and say thier system is better like when Xbox fanboys throw PSN getting hacked in PS3 gamers faces every single time the subject of consoles is brought up. It's just one more thing to add to the stupid flame war going on instead of everybody just loving games and not caring how they are played

I believe it's been a feature available to Xbox for a long time, and given how many people would make use of it, I really don't know why it isn't something being offered to us.

I mean, turning off trophy notifications? Really? That's what their time is being invested in?

So, the only trophy options with this update are turning off notifications for earning a trophy?

Are we ever going to be able to remove 0% trophy lists? Good grief.

i would like this as well. there are a few games on my list that i'm too embarassed to admit i even tried.

I believe it's been a feature available to Xbox for a long time, and given how many people would make use of it, I really don't know why it isn't something being offered to us.

I mean, turning off trophy notifications? Really? That's what their time is being invested in?

Dont Xbox people pay for their features like that..... now if Plus gets more features similar to xbox that be nice.