FYI For PS Plus Members - Last Checkpoint Glitch Still Works

59 minutes ago, Cloud_2049 said:

Relax man, they are just games.

You and other "gamers" here can't even handle Veteran difficulty so ya'll play it on a Recruit difficulty & then quickly exit out to get the game to think it is Veteran at the final checkpoint??? THAT IS GOD DAMN CHEATING!!!

The dictionary defines Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

Don't tell me to "relax" cus they are just "games". Ya'll need to stop being cheaters... THEY ARE JUST TROPHIES.

• Like 3

No what you did was cheating lmao that's why you're not on the board, stop complaining about how other people do things that's actually legit btw I did beat the game on vet without the glitch so simmer down. As you said they're just trophies so stop crying about how other people legitimately earn them

Edited by mackenzie129
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, dokkanexpert said:

It is designed to be like that so people don't sit back and snipe everyone from afar. Ya gotta keep moving & be fast.. just like in F.N.G.

And if using an exploit is not a cheat then why do they get patched? Exploits get patched because people are constantly finding a way to cheat and call it an "exploit".

Btw, I am in no way having a disrespectful tone to you and my reply above. Im actually really happy and high as a kite right now. I don't want you to think I'm debating you or arguing. Just so you know, I consider this an intellectual conversation about a topic.

Ok now that I got that outta the way, back to the exploit.

The dictionary defines Cheating as acting dishonestly or unfairly to 'gain an advantage'. Now ask yourself, HOW DID THAT EXPLOIT COME ABOUT? Did someone accidentally close it out at the exact moment & it reloaded into a harder difficulty? Nah lol. We all know that the guys who find these exploits are really code programmers or coders. They go thru thousands of lines of code to find a "weak spot". Then they do what they do & test it out & publish it.

The developers, when they find out about these exploits aka "hackers finding an easy way out" then release a Patch to cover it up because: DING DING DING, it is cheating. It is having an "unfair advantage".

Now here is a really interesting question for you. WOULD YOU HAVE STILL USED THAT EXPLOIT IF THERE WAS NO TROPHY BEHIND IT?

I am gonna guess that 98℅ of people used it simply to get the trophy. And it's a Silver Trophy so it actually has a little more value, especially those who trophy hunt to get Sony Rewards. 

I would say, based on what I read from you, that you are part of the 2%. Im guessing you tried many many times on Veteran and *then* resorted to the exploit. 

But still it's a glitch. And in my opinion, it's giving "Recruits" an unfair advantage by Rewarding them with an undeserved "Veteran Only" trophy.

Anyways lol I'm really sorry I type a lot. I would like to read an answer to those questions I asked. I don't really have anything else to say on this topic. I've said my feelings and that is enough for me.

I hope my reply hasn't offended or upset anyone. Maybe because I was in the Military, I feel differently. I dunno lol. Just having some deep conversation.

Don't worry, I don't get offended by anything these days ?

Back to the game.  You can't play veteran like that, you would die instantly and if you try and snipe, the endless wave of enemies will kill you at some point.  Could be by either nade spam or bullets going through solid walls (it happened more than once).

I would not do a whole playthrough of it, if wasn't for the trophy, unless it's like Metro where it's much better and cooler to play on the harder difficulties + I much prefer to always play on normal.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Vizard-Ichigo-- said:

Don't worry, I don't get offended by anything these days 1f602.png

Back to the game.  You can't play veteran like that, you would die instantly and if you try and snipe, the endless wave of enemies will kill you at some point.  Could be by either nade spam or bullets going through solid walls (it happened more than once).

I would not do a whole playthrough of it, if wasn't for the trophy, unless it's like Metro where it's much better and cooler to play on the harder difficulties + I much prefer to always play on normal.

I prefer games on Normal as well. Lately tho, games are including "difficulty" now in the trophy info. I prefer the Story & I enjoy being overpowered & easily killing things -- but certain games. I realized when typing the earlier reply to you that because CoD is a "Military" game (in a way) other feelings are surfacing.

How is Metro Exodus btw?? I really like the trailer & it looks super cool. I would like your input on that.  ???

Just now, dokkanexpert said:

I prefer games on Normal as well. Lately tho, games are including "difficulty" now in the trophy info. I prefer the Story & I enjoy being overpowered & easily killing things -- but certain games. I realized when typing the earlier reply to you that because CoD is a "Military" game (in a way) other feelings are surfacing.

How is Metro Exodus btw?? I really like the trailer & it looks super cool. I would like your input on that.  1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png

Metro Exodus is great but you should probably get redux If you wanna get into it.  Platinums are simple and quite fun to get too.  As for the game, story, characters, sound, graphics are all great but the movement and aiming could use some more work.  I still give it an 8.5-9/10.

So we got two words "Legit" and "Cheating".

If we draw a line and on one end we write "Cheating" and on the other end we write "Legit", and depending on your effort this exploit can be considered either legit or cheating, then this one is much nearer to "cheating" since you did almost nothing to achieve the trophies.

I'm not against exploits at all. I have a very long experience in video games and I always try to exploit things in games (on my own, not looking at YT videos or anything) but if I used a glitch I don't consider my self like someone who didn't use any "exploits".

Let's be honest and fair .. games like Uncharted Remaster and for example Dead Space 2 are pure hell on the highest difficulty. I'm not equal to someone who have done them without using any glitches/exploits.

Let's be honest, Dokkan is partially right in my opinion. Using glitches is a form of cheating. The fact that the rules allow it doesn't make it so that it isn't cheating anymore, it's just that you can't tell whether someone used a glitch or not to get a trophy. It's about being honest with yourself.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

You and other "gamers" here can't even handle Veteran difficulty so ya'll play it on a Recruit difficulty & then quickly exit out to get the game to think it is Veteran at the final checkpoint??? THAT IS GOD DAMN CHEATING!!!

The dictionary defines Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

Don't tell me to "relax" cus they are just "games". Ya'll need to stop being cheaters... THEY ARE JUST TROPHIES.

Last time I check this was a trophy hunting site which gamers share exploits (fault on the devs part) to get trophies or to share their experiences without doing exploits. Either either. This site has both hardcore trophy gamers that want to do hard playthroughs without glitches and gamers who want it done A.S.A.P with glitches. If the O.P shares an exploits that still works in 2019 then so be it. If you done if legitimately then good for you Sir but don't going bashing folks for using the exploit.   

• Like 3

The thing is, it's kinda hard to define what exactly is an exploit and what is not. There are so many things you can do to make your veteran playthrough easier that were not intended that way by the devs. People share those exploits all the time and you yourself probably happily use them when you get stuck. If not in this game then in another.

I remember beating the hardest FEAR 3 difficulty by using an exploit that I found myself, where I lured a large and normally very deadly enemy into a pillar and could shoot him endlessly without getting hit myself. I could only see and shoot his hand and it took 5 minutes of timing my shots when I saw his hand come around the pillar. If anything, that felt better than trying to do it 'legit' because I felt like I had outsmarted him and the devs at the same time.

• Like 3

Are people really that bad that they need to use this exploit? Smfh...

It really doesn't take that long to do. Took me 2 hours or something.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

As someone who did mile high club legit on veteran, I really don't care how they obtain it.

In game glitches aren't cheating as they're something the developers left in for people to exploit.

Your definition of cheating here doesn't fit since it requires gaining an unfair advantage, when literally every person can do the glitch.

I spent 8 hours on this achievement on the 360 and 45 minutes on the ps4 trophy, good on everyone to find a better method than this stupid level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nitro said:

Are people really that bad that they need to use this exploit? Smfh...

It really doesn't take that long to do. Took me 2 hours or something.

This. Just keep on trying. That's the whole point of more challenging trophies. You can do it "legit". Good luck.