FYI For PS Plus Members - Last Checkpoint Glitch Still Works

Angry? I'm not angry. Just stating my opinion. Calmly.

There are people who go for "numbers". I prefer more of a "quality over quantity" approach. I'm aware, however, there are (and will be) glitches, cheats, easy ways out. Devs should patch those holes. There are also people who won't hesitate and get trophies in the least effort involved. Not fond of it, but hey - freedom.

Edited by sunashigure1
  • Like 1

On 12‏/3‏/2019 at 0:42 PM, pinkrobot_pb said:

The thing is, it's kinda hard to define what exactly is an exploit and what is not. There are so many things you can do to make your veteran playthrough easier that were not intended that way by the devs. People share those exploits all the time and you yourself probably happily use them when you get stuck. If not in this game then in another.

I remember beating the hardest FEAR 3 difficulty by using an exploit that I found myself, where I lured a large and normally very deadly enemy into a pillar and could shoot him endlessly without getting hit myself. I could only see and shoot his hand and it took 5 minutes of timing my shots when I saw his hand come around the pillar. If anything, that felt better than trying to do it 'legit' because I felt like I had outsmarted him and the devs at the same time.

Yep this is exactly what I meant.

The most important thing for me is: Legit is Legit.

When you exploit something in the game design then you have cheated. You're not equal to someone who did the same thing legitimately, but who really cares ? People nowadays use so many ways to cheat: game saves, modded saves, controllers made exclusively for cheating, ..etc. Personally I can hardly appreciate someone's achievements unless he has so many difficult trophies or he has a video showing his work.

Like many people have said, there are numerous "exploits" that you could use to beat a level of the highest difficulty for other games, ways to play that is not the intended method.

In One Shot One Kill, I hid in a shed until the chopper came. That's not the intended way to play, but it worked. Did I cheat?

What about boosting online trophies, is that cheating?

Using a collectible guide?

Using a trophy guide?

This is basically what you are saying when you are so adamantly apposed to somebody using a glitch. 

• Like 4

On 3/11/2019 at 9:20 PM, dokkanexpert said:

The dictionary defines Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

But there's no dishonesty here. Anyone using the glitch is completely upfront with their use. Further, while "fair" has become a muddled word, I take it to mean that everyone has access to the same advantage, and certainly in this case, everyone can do this, no questions asked.

The only real argument is that it's not as the developer intended. But, there are 14 patches already. If the developer cared, it would have patched it out.

But whatever - this is the most boring argument imaginable. I mean, how many times has it been re-trod over the years?

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 4

On 12/03/2019 at 11:06 PM, pinkrobot_pb said:

A quick look on your profile shows you beat the POWGI One Word game within 45 minutes. Did you use a solutions guide for that? If you did, that is fine of course, but like I said the term "exploits" and "cheating" are very subjective when it comes to everything not expressly forbidden by this website. I cheesed the MW:R plat but do the POWGI games myself even if some of them take me 50 hours. There really is very little difference between the two.

It reminds me of people who get really worked up about Sound Shapes' auto pop but then happily copy all the solutions to the Beat School levels from a guide for all their supposedly very legitimately earned platinums. ;)

In the end, if you stick within what the site has defined as the allowed boundaries it's all up to what you are comfortable with yourself.
There is very litte point to apply your personal standards to other people, but maybe you need to become an old fart like me to start appreciating that. :P

Disagree. There is a guide to doing POWGI games, there is no glitch to make it faster or easier. Guides are meant to help you through it. Hell I used guides on MW:R as well. Using a glitch and using a guide are two COMPLETELY different things.

On 3/10/2019 at 11:02 PM, mackenzie129 said:

Things that are not flaggable:

• In-game glitches/exploits - These are considered mistakes not found or fixed by the developer by the time of the release of the game and due to them being able to be found by accident by anyone, it's not considered cheating. Online glitches and exploits possible in-game are also allowed.

Im just saying it's right in the rules that if there is faulty coding you can use and abuse it

I don't know why people need to take it as a personal affront that some people want to cheat to win in games like this by being hostile about. Conversely, I'm sure those words, cheat to win, will also be taken personally by the other contingent, but cheating is what it is. This website, or any other, isn't the arbiter of all things and I'm not either. It's just an opinion.

That statement about flagging and why such a thing isn't cheating in the eyes of PSNProfiles only matters here, so that people won't be banned by the community for bringing these exploits and glitches to light as a way to cheat the intention of the game design. That, of course, is the operative word: intent. The developers didn't intend for this to be there, and yes, they also didn't fix it. It's the path of least resistance, so it's understandable people are going to exploit it. We all play games for different reasons, I just think it can't be disregarded that there's some valid criticism in  asking why you're playing the game in the first place if the only goal is to get beyond the mechanics of the game by cheating it to access it's reward system. This site's views on it are completely irrelevant to that argument. If it's just about progressing in the story, play on recruit. Of course it's not -- it's about the trophies, which were ill-gotten. 

I personally, feel a sense of accomplishment when I finally complete something that's been giving me fits. Sometimes I have to come back to it and sometimes I just can never get it done. I mean, take Bloodborne -- the developers put in a system that allows you to solicit help by more capable players. That's intended. This COD exploit? Not so much.

Edited by DoctorSyntax
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Nitro said:

Disagree. There is a guide to doing POWGI games, there is no glitch to make it faster or easier. Guides are meant to help you through it. Hell I used guides on MW:R as well. Using a glitch and using a guide are two COMPLETELY different things.

Interesting that the moral high road is being taken by the Auto-Pop/ Cross-Save King.

Hello Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Black.

What about boosting online trophies, is that cheating?

Of course it's cheating, you gonna call that legit ? Like someone who lies a lot till he starts believing his lies.

I boost online trophies, so I'm a cheater and we all cheaters except for those who don't boost. Why do we delude ourselves.

On 13‏/3‏/2019 at 6:07 PM, ferginator88 said:

Like many people have said, there are numerous "exploits" that you could use to beat a level of the highest difficulty for other games, ways to play that is not the intended method.

In One Shot One Kill, I hid in a shed until the chopper came. That's not the intended way to play, but it worked. Did I cheat?

Using a collectible guide?

Using a trophy guide?

This is basically what you are saying when you are so adamantly apposed to somebody using a glitch. 

I say exploits fall in the middle region of the Cheating-Legit scale, depending on your effort but if we're gonna go like it's either this or that then Legit is legit.

Using a trophy guide: it's just a guide (source of info about the game trophies) no more, and "collectibles" who really cares about them, they're just there in case you're having fun searching and exploring.

@dokkanexpert  

9 hours ago, fabiansc83 said:

Yeah... i don't know man, his 45 minutes platinum of Jak 2 seems a little suspicious...maybe, just maybe...(under his own perspective) he's a cheater too you know?

Screenshot-20190313-150426.png

"The dictionary defines Cheating: act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination.

Don't tell me to "relax" cus they are just "games". Ya'll need to stop being cheaters... THEY ARE JUST TROPHIES."

-Dokkanexpert

you seem like a hypocrite if you used a certain something to obtain jak 2 plat in 45 minutes dokkan.

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Mefta7_Alfaraj said:

Yep this is exactly what I meant.

The most important thing for me is: Legit is Legit.

When you exploit something in the game design then you have cheated.

Bullshit. So if you farm kills for a specific weapon kill trophy on a checkpoint that's cheating????. Thats exploiting a game design and that's not cheating!. Ohhhh please

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 2

On 14‏/3‏/2019 at 8:32 AM, Warlord99956 said:

This is a strange thread. At the end of the day if you want to be on a psnprofiles leaderboard all that matters are the rules of psnprofiles. Same with any other trophy site. 

You can define cheating however you like. If you play a puzzle game and use a guide you have “copied” someone else’s work - textbook cheating. Use a video guide? You’re copying someone else’s soloution to the task at hand. Cheating on this site is a term used to cover hacking/use of save files/use of external software etc. If something is in a game and available to every player then there is no unfair adavantage and it is therefore allowable. 

The trophy guides include the author's experience with the game too. He may give you easy ways to tackle difficult tasks in the game.

I'm talking in general: if something is gonna ease the difficulty of some trophies then it's cheating.

You guys will never run out of ideas: online trophies, collectible guide, trophy guide and now farming kills and video guides for puzzle games.

Farming kills on checkpoints: Will it ease getting a trophy or just make getting it faster ? Farming kills for me is just like collectibles, no difficulty involved .. just numbers.

Guide for puzzle game: Will it make the game easier ? Diffidently or probably .. then it's cheating, and the first person you cheat is yourself.

Video guide: Is just like any other guide, yes videos are available to aid you but you're the one who is going to perform the action. It's not gonna make, for example, a 10/10 difficult platinum an easily achievable one.

Platinum video guide (that's a walkthrough for the whole game till you get platinum): Same, though this will make you an imitative person but it's not cheating.

Really guys who cares about collectibles or video guides for puzzle games ? I'm sure psnprofiles rules doesn't include any of that.

5 minutes ago, Mefta7_Alfaraj said:

The trophy guides include the author's experience with the game too. He may give you easy ways to tackle difficult tasks in the game.

I'm talking in general: if something is gonna ease the difficulty of some trophies then it's cheating.

You guys will never run out of ideas: online trophies, collectible guide, trophy guide and now farming kills and video guides for puzzle games.

Farming kills on checkpoints: Will it ease getting a trophy or just make getting it faster ? Farming kills for me is just like collectibles, no difficulty involved .. just numbers.

Guide for puzzle game: Will it make the game easier ? Diffidently or probably .. then it's cheating, and the first person you cheat is yourself.

Video guide: Is just like any other guide, yes videos are available to aid you but you're the one who is going to perform the action. It's not gonna make, for example, a 10/10 difficult platinum an easily achievable one.

Platinum video guide (that's a walkthrough for the whole game till you get platinum): Same, though this will make you an imitative person but it's not cheating.

Really guys who cares about collectibles or video guides for puzzle games ? I'm sure psnprofiles rules doesn't include any of that.

Man I wish there was a way to downvote or dislike posts with stupid comments like yours  "I'm talking in general: if something is gonna ease the difficulty of some trophies then it's cheating." 

You are definitely trolling. You can't be serious.

With that I can't respond again to someone as fickle as you because it's going way off the OP's topic

• Like 4

6 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

Man I wish there was a way to downvote or dislike posts with stupid comments like yours  "I'm talking in general: if something is gonna ease the difficulty of some trophies then it's cheating." 

You are definitely trolling. You can't be serious.

With that I can't respond again to someone as fickle as you because it's going way off the OP's topic

I'm just genuinely confused at what he is trying to say. Like if anything that eases the difficulty is cheating, then literally using this site is cheating. This site, by its nature, is to make getting trophies easier. Also "LOL" at the fact that he approves of Farming but not of boosting, which is essentially the same thing. EDIT: Reread his post, he does say that he boosts, but considers boosting cheating. So to rephrase my statement, he considers farming not cheating but boosting as cheating, when they are essentially the same thing.

I would like to think he is a troll, but many people on the other spectrum of this topic are very heated about it. I think the issue is as we have seen in this thread, the people who claim to be so against their idea of cheating in MW are guilty or inconsistent with their stance on cheating, as we've seen with Dokkan. It's the idea of being "Mightier than thou". Like good for you if you don't use the MW Exploit, just don't be an ass about it?

Edited by ferginator88
Correction for the sake of argument
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

I'm just genuinely confused at what he is trying to say. Like if anything that eases the difficulty is cheating, then literally using this site is cheating. This site, by its nature, is to make getting trophies easier. Also "LOL" at the fact that he approves of Farming but not of boosting, which is essentially the same thing. EDIT: Reread his post, he does say that he boosts, but considers boosting cheating. So to rephrase my statement, he considers farming not cheating but boosting as cheating, when they are essentially the same thing.

I would like to think he is a troll, but many people on the other spectrum of this topic are very heated about it. I think the issue is as we have seen in this thread, the people who claim to be so against their idea of cheating in MW are guilty or inconsistent with their stance on cheating, as we've seen with Dokkan. It's the idea of being "Mightier than thou". Like good for you if you don't use the MW Exploit, just don't be an ass about it?

LOL. "It's the idea of being "Mightier than thou". Like good for you if you don't use the MW Exploit, just don't be an ass about it?" Could have not said it better.

The sad part is the OP started the topic off by saying the glitch still works if you downloading it as part of the free PSN GAMES and then all of the sudden "the entitled elite special toxic gamers" start posting that's it's cheating and then everything goes off topic. I mean surely they must know that it's a trophy hunting site with some gamers who are here for exploits/glitches and the fastest way to get a plat. If they want it done legit then good on them. 

• Like 4

On 3/14/2019 at 5:38 AM, PerryToxteth said:

Interesting that the moral high road is being taken by the Auto-Pop/ Cross-Save King.

Hello Mr. Kettle, meet Mr. Black.

I appreciate the title, but I have cross saved only Sound Shapes? So I think someone more deserving should have that title.

Edited by Nitro

Well cross saving games like sound shape in my opinion is totally fine, it pushes indie games for maybe getting a buy because of trophy hunting and supports the developers next game. win-win

Edited by nw821993

On 10/03/2019 at 2:27 AM, UltraRareBoy said:

You don't have to complete the game. Take a look at the video.

But if you so choose, you can first run through the whole game on recruit, and then load up the chapters and do the final checkpoint in a cleanup run, right?

29 minutes ago, colia100 said:

But if you so choose, you can first run through the whole game on recruit, and then load up the chapters and do the final checkpoint in a cleanup run, right?

Yes you can do that after the first playthrough but all that means you'll be playing the game all over again. Well that's if you don't mind doing a 2nd playthrough.

EDIT: In other words.... In the second playthrough you'll have to play every chapter from the beginning, so you can't just go load a chapter and go straight to the final checkpoint. That's like an entire 2nd playthrough. 

Edited by DF007gamer
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, colia100 said:

no