Should i still go for the WWE 2K18 Platinum?

Jeffboy24

The servers should shut down in May, so if you want to get 100 wins you must basically play every single day. Boosting used to be hard one year ago, maybe now that there are much less players it's easier, but I don't think it's worth it. 

The career sucks, and it has two grinding boring trophies, one of which seems to be bugged. Generally speaking, I think that WWE 2K18 is one of the worst games in the series. In my opinion, do yourself a favour and don't mind going for the platinum 

33 minutes ago, Jeffboy24 said:

i'm thinking, is it worth it? 

What's the most grinding or most frustrating part? Getting the 100 Online wins?

Would love to hear your take on it.

I'll be happy to see if we can boost it.I really want it.

36 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

The servers should shut down in May, so if you want to get 100 wins you must basically play every single day. Boosting used to be hard one year ago, maybe now that there are much less players it's easier, but I don't think it's worth it. 

Why do i have to play every single day? I can do more then 1 win a day right?

Should be easy if i always go search for the same stuff my boosting partner is searching for and do the pin right away or not??

Yes, you can win more matches during one day, I said that because, one year ago (When I was play this game) the online was really hard. 

And also, when I attempted boosting with a buddy, we were never able to find each other, so I had to get the 100 wins legitimately. But again, now that WWE 2K19 is out and here in 2K18 there are less players, maybe winning and boosting online is easier. 

Besides that, this game's career is terrible, I really don't recommend trying to go for the platinum. 

5 minutes ago, Jeffboy24 said:

I guess even by getting the 100 wins boosted this one isn't possible in 2 Weeks?

What is it about the career mode? If i understand correctly i have to do 20 hours of boosting to get my Heel Rating to lvl 10? 

Well Its either your Heel or Face rating that needs to be pushed to Level 10. besides that you have to finish 20 side quests with a few of them being Bugged and not giving a reward. I‘m not yet finished either but for the online I average around 4 wins per day while taking it easy. I did curt Hawkins 10x when the current ppv started ?, sadly yesterday he was gone.

17 hours ago, KenjiCBZ said:

The career sucks, and it has two grinding boring trophies, one of which seems to be bugged. Generally speaking, I think that WWE 2K18 is one of the worst games in the series. In my opinion, do yourself a favour and don't mind going for the platinum 

WWE 13 is still my worst nightmare ???. I Wish they would remaster Here comes the Pain, I loved that one 

Besides the grind of the trophies, the career is terrible because the storylines are lame and generic, there is boring free roaming, there are not actual voices, and there are some occasional bugs. 

OT: I never played HCTP, my favourite WWE games are SvR07, 10 and 11, THESE are great WWE games :D

It's possible to grind out the 100 online wins against AI during one of the monthly PPV's, just need to qualify and keep repeating the Main Event fights.

That said, with the servers probably being switched off in May it only leaves two PPV's (each going for three days) to do this in - I was able to get it done over one PPV, but it took up the majority of my weekend. ?

After that though you should be able to work through the rest of the trophies at your own speed. 

Haven't finished the two MyCareer grinds yet (Level 10 and 20 side quests), so I can't comment on how painful they will be.

I haven't played a wrestling game since WWF No Mercy on the Nintendo 64, so I don't have any recent baseline to compare the actual quality of this one. ?

On 3/9/2019 at 4:55 PM, Jeffboy24 said:

i'm thinking, is it worth it? 

What's the most grinding or most frustrating part? Getting the 100 Online wins?

Would love to hear your take on it.

Like I said i'll gladly help.I did all other trophies legit.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone wants to do this game, this is your last chance! Since the final PPV for 2K18 will be Money in the Back and after that it'll be impossible to complete challenges (for competing against AI) and win matches against AI in RTG (trophy description says main event but it can be any AI match (even kickoff match)) meaning that "Gauntlet runner" and "Big draw!" trophies will become unobtainable and after Money in the Bank, there won't be enough time to complete challenges and play against AI and do challenges for the next PPV (that might go live at mid June by when 2K18's servers will be dead.))

• Like 1

On 10.04.2019 at 11:34 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

If anyone wants to do this game, this is your last chance! Since the final PPV for 2K18 will be Money in the Back and after that it'll be impossible to complete challenges (for competing against AI) and win matches against AI in RTG (trophy description says main event but it can be any AI match (even kickoff match)) meaning that "Gauntlet runner" and "Big draw!" trophies will become unobtainable and after Money in the Bank, there won't be enough time to complete challenges and play against AI and do challenges for the next PPV (that might go live at mid June by when 2K18's servers will be dead.))

so when is exactly last chance if i have 0% at trophies now? 18.4.19 thanks

On 18.04.2019 at 9:26 AM, pavelbagirov said:

From May 17 2019 (11 AM GMT +3) to May 20 2019 (11 AM GMT +3). Since Money In the Bank isn't a major PPV like Wrestlemania it'll contain 3 AI matches so you need to do 10 challenges in 3 days. I think you can create 3 MyPlayers in total and qualify with each of them (buying access with enough VC) and completing challenges for them so you should be safe. Challenges are not that problematic at all, they require like "Put a 4 star match or better" or "Perform 2 Signatures in a single match" or "Reverse an opponents finisher" etc.

Edited by XxIsa-GxX
Fixed PPV event date for Road to Glory, I assumed it was from May 14 to May 18 but it's from May 17 to May 20

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/21/2019 at 9:41 AM, XxIsa-GxX said:

From May 14 2019 (11 AM GMT +3) to May 18 2019 (11 AM GMT +3). Since Money In the Bank isn't a major PPV like Wrestlemania it'll contain 3 AI matches so you need to do 10 challenges in 3 days. I think you can create 3 MyPlayers in total and qualify with each of them (buying access with enough VC) and completing challenges for them so you should be safe. Challenges are not that problematic at all, they require like "Put a 4 star match or better" or "Perform 2 Signatures in a single match" or "Reverse an opponents finisher" etc.

Its been confirmed that wrestlemania event was the last chance too get the main event trophy so this main event trophy is now untainable it was confirmed by 2k back on april 2019 

7 hours ago, KillerLegend91 said:

Its been confirmed that wrestlemania event was the last chance too get the main event trophy so this main event trophy is now untainable it was confirmed by 2k back on april 2019 

I strongly disagree because of these reasons:

1) We're 1 month away from the estimated shutdown date and MITB will go live in 2 weeks or so.

2) Last person achieved Star Collector trophy yesterday so MITB will be live in 2 weeks and people can have their last attempt. And if Wrestlemania 35 was the final I doubt people would even get Star Collector trophy

It's obviously sure that MITB will be the last as even there'll be a PPV' might show up at the RTG screen after MITB, there won't be enough time for completing challenges/winning against AI

On 4/18/2019 at 3:26 AM, pavelbagirov said:

As long as you qualify to the last PPV before 17th of May, you should be good to plat.

Qualifying isn't that bad, takes around 2~3 hours for each character as you need to achieve 65 stars in online matches. However, I strongly recommend that you qualify all your 3 characters to have a better chance of completing all 10 challenges needed, otherwise you might easily get locked out of the plat.

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

As long as you qualify to the last PPV before 17th of May, you should be good to plat.

Qualifying isn't that bad, takes around 2~3 hours for each character as you need to achieve 65 stars in online matches. However, I strongly recommend that you qualify all your 3 characters to have a better chance of completing all 10 challenges needed, otherwise you might easily get locked out of the plat.

I have no idea if it'll unlock the trophy but you can also purchase Access with VC if you have enough. Royal Rumble required 100 stars/11K VC so MITB will be more cheaper, probably around 6K or so.

4 minutes ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I have no idea if it'll unlock the trophy but you can also purchase Access with VC if you have enough. Royal Rumble required 100 stars/11K VC so MITB will be more cheaper, probably around 6K or so.

I didn't know about that option, where is this purchase located? Wouldn't have helped me though, as I was always low on VC

1 hour ago, EdinhoN said:

I didn't know about that option, where is this purchase located? Wouldn't have helped me though, as I was always low on VC

You're able to purchase when the PPV goes live if you didn't grind that required stars

Edited by XxIsa-GxX

7 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I strongly disagree because of these reasons:

1) We're 1 month away from the estimated shutdown date and MITB will go live in 2 weeks or so.

2) Last person achieved Star Collector trophy yesterday so MITB will be live in 2 weeks and people can have their last attempt. And if Wrestlemania 35 was the final I doubt people would even get Star Collector trophy

It's obviously sure that MITB will be the last as even there'll be a PPV' might show up at the RTG screen after MITB, there won't be enough time for completing challenges/winning against AI

PS_Messages_20190430_224950_zpsg0toznjl.

Hello guys, i'm french so sorry for my english.

I have some questions about Road to glory and the week end of MITB : 

Why is better with 3 caracters? We can't do this with only 1 wrestler? 

What is the rythm of the matches for the matchs with challenges (for the trophy which concerns the 10 challenges) ?  1 by hour, by day? or unlimited? 

The opponents are I.A ? or real people?

Can you give me more precisions about the PPVs on Road To Glory, i dont really know the concept of PPVs.

Thanks 

On 02.05.2019 at 9:30 PM, wwe2k14-Al said:

Hello guys, i'm french so sorry for my english.

I have some questions about Road to glory and the week end of MITB : 

Why is better with 3 caracters? We can't do this with only 1 wrestler? 

What is the rythm of the matches for the matchs with challenges (for the trophy which concerns the 10 challenges) ?  1 by hour, by day? or unlimited? 

The opponents are I.A ? or real people?

Can you give me more precisions about the PPVs on Road To Glory, i dont really know the concept of PPVs.

Thanks 

PPV's happen only once in one month. They usually go live in mid of the specified month. In real life, Money in the Bank will be streaming live on WWE Network (don't worry I'm not advertising like commentators xD) at May 19 so in WWE 2K18/19 the event will start at May 17 11 AM GMT +3 and end at MAY 20 11 AM GMT +3. So for challenges, 1 wrestler is enough but just in case you miss 1 challenge and stuck at 9/10 then 2-3 MyPlayers are better for guaranteeing your trophy.  Challenges requires you to perform specific actions just like "Put a 4 star match or better" or "Reverse a Opponents Finisher" or "Perform 2 Signature moves against the opponent" and so on. You'll have total of 3 days to do those challenges, each AI match requires 3/5 challenges completed. But you won't able to do all 10 challenges with just 1 MyPlayer in the first day you'll probably end up doing 10th in 3rd day so 2-3 MyPlayers can save you some time. And finally, you have to do 3/5 challenges against real peoples but since the game is dead you can try to boost those challenges with a second PS4 or your partner. After you completed 3/5 challenges then you can play against AI and you should unlock "Big draw" trophy and also advance to next AI match challenge.