DQDQDQ

DQDQDQ's Dispute

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DQDQDQ

Spelunky

Jungle Jammed - This is for beating "World 2"   The apparent problem is my profile shows I unlocked the trophy for beating "World 1" (Mines Shafted) after this.

I got this game the day it came out. The trophies were buggy on Day 1, as happens with more than a handful of games. You can go look at the message boards here back to 2013 and see people talking about it. Further, I played on Vita and PS3 when it came out which I'm sure further added to its troubles. Through hundreds if not thousands of deaths, I earned all of these trophies.

I don't for the life of me see why a bronze trophy I got mid 2013 in a game that doesn't even have a platinum is now in question when it is well known that the trophies didn't always pop when they should have. Look at my entire profile and you will find no signs of anything nefarious.

Edited by DQDQDQ
I see there's a format asked for here that isn't mentioned on the profile page with the giant YOU ARE A HACKER warning

Here's a picture of my Vita, you can see my account DQDQDQ is logged in. Spelunky trophies are sorted by date. What is listed with Sony is not what is listed on PSN Profiles. Seems this is a problem with your site, not with me.

Took a picture like this instead of a screenshot both for authenticity and to show in one picture that the time you have listed here isn't what is showing on PSN.

Vita clearly shows I earned Mines Shafted on 8/27 at 7:25pm, then later Jungle Jammed at 7:56pm on the same day. Yet PSN Profiles says I didn't earn Mines Shafted until 8/28 at 1:15am

nAD5voQud_-dW69-uyc1Q4s7rFqHpcgLgc3EUjeM

Posted (edited)

it will probably be lifted. psn profiles list the trophy's out of order but they'll have the final say how it works out.

on here it says ice before jungle though your vita says you got to jungle before ice caves.

Edited by kingdrake2

22 minutes ago, kingdrake2 said:

it will probably be lifted. psn profiles list the trophy's out of order but they'll have the final say how it works out.

on here it says ice before jungle though your vita says you got to jungle before ice caves.

Right. I don't see how I can be responsible for the website not matching what PSN says.

Posted (edited)

Other trophy sites also show that the OP got Mines Shafted before Jungle Jammed (i.e., other trophy sites agree with OP's story here). Very strange!

Edited by NathanielJohn

9 hours ago, DQDQDQ said:

You can go look at the message boards here back to 2013

I don't for the life of me see why a bronze trophy I got mid 2013 in a game that doesn't even have a platinum is now in question when it is well known that the trophies didn't always pop when they should have. Look at my entire profile and you will find no signs of anything nefarious.

This is probably the thread you are talking about. It's the only mentioning the end game trophies, none of the initial ones.have this issue, only the end-game reward ones like speedlunky, ironman and hell completion. If you look up on google, there are only 2 results for trophies glitched for this game, one of them being the thread previously linked and it also mentions that the ps3 version was a bit buggy and only the end game trophies may not pop when they should. The comments here also confirm this same info. There is nowhere on the internet mentioning that the progression trophies are glitched and that's because I assume they in fact aren't. You say that the game is well known for being glitchy, but it isn't. Trophy guide doesn't mention it and neither the PC or XBOX versions do, but that's more likely because they aren't and something on the PS3 port was fucked.

The trophy is being questioned because it unlocked in an impossible way normally. If it is for a game without platinum or from 2013, it's irrelevant. People hack easier games like AABS Animals and probably only now someone decided to clear the leaderboards for that game.

Assuming you are legitimate, this issue was caused by the fact that you might have played on the vita and unlocked the shortcut for the jungle while already having the trophy, but then cross saving to ps3 and playing there starting only from stage 2 until you have beaten it and THEN you started fresh and at some point you have beaten stage 1 for the first time ever; What should have happened after is that you synced the ps3 version after and then this website and after a quite long while you vita trophies were synced and your trophy log progress was no longer reverted for the years to come as you don't seem to have earned trophies while you were playing spelunky. What makes my theory closer to reality is the fact that you don't play your vita often, as your next vita synced trophies were earned in December that year, about 3 months after you possibly played spelunky (august 2013). You might as well not have played any game for all those months, making it irrelevant to sync the trophies so much later down the line.

unknown.png

8 hours ago, DQDQDQ said:

Here's a picture of my Vita

All of this is irrelevant as you can change the timestamps for trophies using CFW and it would show whatever you wanted instead.

7 hours ago, DQDQDQ said:

Right. I don't see how I can be responsible for the website not matching what PSN says.

If you are legitimate, it should have happened because you synced the trophies in the wrong order to PSN and only synced your vita after you synced your PS3. The website doesn't update your timestamps every time you update your trophies as it wpuld be a waste of resources in 99,99999% of the cases; Instead, it only fetches your most recent trophies since the last update.

Those are my points on the subject. I assume the moderation will lift this flag even though it's a legitimate flag just because assuming you haven't changed the timestamps, there is a possibility that my theory is true and you could be in fact legitimate in a very improbable way. Possible, regardless of how difficult it could be, is still possible, therefore shouldn't be flagged.

I lifted it.