Crackdown 1 & 2 FREE for limited time

DaisyVilla102

19 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

PSA: Crackdown and Crackdown 2 appear to completely free for a limited time. And they are both backward-compatible. So if you have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, or think you might someday add one to your console collection, now's your chance to get a couple of games for FREE.

(Posted this as a status update earlier but it might get more visibility here.)

Requires credit card.  Dont own xbox anymore  was just add them in case I get one 

1 hour ago, Lance_87 said:

Crackdown 1 is still free? I think i got it months ago, i guess the "limited time" is not really that limited...

My assumption was they're both not going to be free forever, but I don't normally see the price since I've owned the digital versions for a long time now.

53 minutes ago, demonviper666 said:

Requires credit card.  Dont own xbox anymore  was just add them in case I get one 

Hmm, the FAQ page makes it seem like you wouldn't need one, but I can't verify if there's a way to not have a payment method on file since I already own the the games. Maybe someone else who just got them, or don't have them yet, can advise...

20 hours ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

PSA: Crackdown and Crackdown 2 appear to completely free for a limited time. And they are both backward-compatible. So if you have an Xbox 360 or Xbox One, or think you might someday add one to your console collection, now's your chance to get a couple of games for FREE.

(Posted this as a status update earlier but it might get more visibility here.)

Thanks a bunch for the headsup! I already had Crackdown 1, but I still grabbed 2 cause heck, it's free! 

Cheers!

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DaisyVilla102 said:

My assumption was they're both not going to be free forever, but I don't normally see the price since I've owned the digital versions for a long time now.

Hmm, the FAQ page makes it seem like you wouldn't need one, but I can't verify if there's a way to not have a payment method on file since I already own the the games. Maybe someone else who just got them, or don't have them yet, can advise...

I had to enter info to redeem them. I always do for free things on XBL. 

I have the disc copies, but digital for free is convenient.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, demonviper666 said:

I've found that you can "purchase" free 360 games on the 360 without a credit card on file, but you can't on the Xbone or through the website for some reason.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Einigkeit said:

I've found that you can "purchase" free 360 games on the 360 without a credit card on file, but you can't on the Xbone or through the website for some reason.

Yeah, i can confirm that. Hopefully my CC is currently empty and can be removed after purchasing them anyway.

"B-but the problems concerning privacy"

Well, who the hell cares, it'll expire next year and i'll have to change it anyway.

• Like 2

Yeah it's a little weird it requires a CC to "purchase" a FREE game. I used a prepaid card both times (that way I don't have a problem with my info being on there) when Crackdown 1 and Crackdown 2 became free. Actually it wouldn't accept my card first time I tried getting C1 but now it did accept the same card with C2. I'm just glad C1 is still free so I grabbed that too.

• Like 1