Beat IW's 15.10 time finally after 8hrs!!!

Haha yeah i think i seen your previous thread about this. Congratz on that specific trophy. Good luck for the Mile High Club trophy though. Anyone with the physical copy had the privilege of using the glitch on Veteran difficulty to make that trophy an absolute cakewalk. As far as i remember you played up until the final checkpoint on recruit and then switch to Veteran at the last checkpoint on recruit. 

3 hours ago, EternalChaos72 said:

Haha yeah i think i seen your previous thread about this. Congratz on that specific trophy. Good luck for the Mile High Club trophy though. Anyone with the physical copy had the privilege of using the glitch on Veteran difficulty to make that trophy an absolute cakewalk. As far as i remember you played up until the final checkpoint on recruit and then switch to Veteran at the last checkpoint on recruit. 

Can still do this on the digital version.

OP congrats, it seems to be one where you either can get it very fast or a while it seems. 

• Like 3

I wanted to do the Trophy's in order. Plus, my logic was... If I can't beat 15.10 then I won't be able to do harder missions. Practice makes perfect. Also, I don't play a lot of FPS games so this was a different experience for me. I play a lot of over the shoulder games, I.e. Horizon, Odyssey, SpiderMan, God of War & I'll be playing Before the Storm today.

Anyone else doing this trophy I have a tip. When you fail, just shoot Sgt. Lovejoy (at the top of the ladder) & you'll teleport back the rope. Saves a lot of time.

• Like 3

On 10/03/2019 at 8:18 PM, dokkanexpert said:

I wanted to do the Trophy's in order. Plus, my logic was... If I can't beat 15.10 then I won't be able to do harder missions. Practice makes perfect. Also, I don't play a lot of FPS games so this was a different experience for me. I play a lot of over the shoulder games, I.e. Horizon, Odyssey, SpiderMan, God of War & I'll be playing Before the Storm today.

Anyone else doing this trophy I have a tip. When you fail, just shoot Sgt. Lovejoy (at the top of the ladder) & you'll teleport back the rope. Saves a lot of time.

Instead of shooting him, you can just reload checkpoint and you'll be back at the top of the rope. This only took me 15 minutes of trying.

I also beat the time. I followed the video guide (really good) in the trophy guide and have some additional tips that worked for me:

- I always approach this sort of challenges with setting small goals, so I started at 24 sec and I just tried to get to 23, 22, 21, 20 etc first without getting demotivated that I was way off the target time.

- You actually need to master two things: a) a fast lap and b ) 100% acc to get 3 seconds of bonus.

- I did focus first on getting the lap in a fast time, when I mastered that I focused on the acc bonus

- I used the MP5 and once I found out that you actually can do 1 shot instead of a burst that, I instantly got the 3 sec bonus

Now my biggest issue was that I was hovering just above the 15,X time and couldn't get it below it. So I thought of an area where I could gain some time. For me it was where you first use a flash bang. So you kill target 4 at the beginning of the stairs, you equip your flash bang on the stairs, throw it and this is what I changed in my run: first I waited till that thing exploded and than popped up to shoot the two targets. But I started to experiment with popping up before the actually explosion. Which in 80% of the time worked well (didn't got flash banged with my own granate) that made all the difference for me and I did beat the time with 14.75 

happy that this over, did the whole game on veteran on a legit way and didn't want to strand on this trophy ?

-

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 1

Took me "only" 50 minutes after I saw the hint of using the grenade launcher from the explosive range on this trial. I found that the M16A4 burst fire didn't decrease the accuracy on the final time and the grenade launcher to clear the last room really saved my skin. Got my last time as 15.05, I would still be trying it if I was using only the MP5. 

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
On 2019/3/18 at 4:41 PM, ElBolovo said:

Took me "only" 50 minutes after I saw the hint of using the grenade launcher from the explosive range on this trial. I found that the M16A4 burst fire didn't decrease the accuracy on the final time and the grenade launcher to clear the last room really saved my skin. Got my last time as 15.05, I would still be trying it if I was using only the MP5. 

How did u pull this off? Switching to launcher takes quite some time

13 hours ago, Maverick6146 said:

How did u pull this off? Switching to launcher takes quite some time

I got this one almost a year ago, so my memory can be fuzzy, but If i remember correctly, in the last room I throw the flashbang while I'm exiting the building, and in the time that it takes to the flash do detonate, I already was outside the building, with the GL in hand and moving backwards toward the goal. I just shoot the guy on the left of the room, and the splash damage kill the other one. It's tight, but doable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

I got this one almost a year ago, so my memory can be fuzzy, but If i remember correctly, in the last room I throw the flashbang while I'm exiting the building, and in the time that it takes to the flash do detonate, I already was outside the building, with the GL in hand and moving backwards toward the goal. I just shoot the guy on the left of the room, and the splash damage kill the other one. It's tight, but doable. 

What weapon did you use BEFORE using the GL? Some videos show that they can use the MP5 then switch to GL but I can't pick both weapons. If you were using M16 then it seems take longer to install the GL.

23 minutes ago, Maverick6146 said:

What weapon did you use BEFORE using the GL? Some videos show that they can use the MP5 then switch to GL but I can't pick both weapons. If you were using M16 then it seems take longer to install the GL.

I used the powerpyx video, they only used mp5 and nothing else

On 09/03/2020 at 9:53 PM, Maverick6146 said:

I can't remember, but judging by my " I found that the M16A4 burst fire didn't decrease the accuracy on the final time" citation in the original post and the image from when my trophy popped, I used the M16A4. I still don't remember the switch to the GL taking so long when you have the weapon on hand so it's a deal breaker in the run TBH.