General help and some trophy help

Since the US and Eu versions of caligula overdose is meant to be coming out on march the 15 i think, i thought i would post some things that may be of help. I played the Asia English subs version, so i hope NISA has been doing their job and the translating errors in the Asia version don't carry over.

Also a big thankyou to Umemmou for help with the musicians.

Also there will be spoilers in this post. You have been warned.

Translating errors

Last concensus

The main error concerns the Kleptomania trauma in Causality Link. You are asked to equip the defense item last concensus on the student. The thing is last concensus doesn't exist in the game. What you are looking for is the defense item called Thiefs Mind. To find this item, go the the Old School Building B1 (Basement level). You are looking for female digihead who has a floating shield thingy. She patrols the most southern part of the map along the corridor that leads to lockers room and which is also near the southern save point. If she doesn't drop it, just wait till she respawns and keep defeating her until she does.

Construction yard

Some traumas ask you to go the the construction yard, The place you actually go to is the Landmark Tower.

Diminished presence ask you to find research notes at the construction yard. What you are looking for is a clicky glowie thingy called Data Management. It is located at the Landmark Tower Upper Sector 66F

Apparition Delusion asks you to find a Talisman at the construction yard. What you are looking for is a clicky glowie thingy called Sealed Document. It is located at the Landmark Tower Upper Sector 65F.

These are the main translation errors i could think off, there are probably others, but last concensus is a trophy blocker.

New Game plus+

New Game plus exists.

Here is what carries over:

Records of Mobius list (you still need to reclick them for it to appear on the map)

All your items

The affection levels of the normal students in the Causality Link.

The skills and skill levels you unlocked/maxed for all the go home members club and musicians except for their ultimate trauma.

All the skills and skill levels including Ninth Sense for the main character (changing genders won't put you to level 1)

All Character levels for main char, go home club and musicians.

(i am assuming the levels and skills levels of the normal students carry over as well)

Here is what doesn't carry over:

Your affections levels for Go home club members and musicians doesn't carry over. It gets RESET. This means that their trauma ultimate will get locked again. Any points you spend on leveling up the trauma ultimate will be LOST. You don't even get it refunded. You will have to spend points and level up the characters affection to unlock it again. So my advice be would be to not to bother putting points into it. Not using their ultimate will not block your progress.

Trophy help

A few things need to be said here.

To get the trophy President's Decision (Banish eiji) you will need to complete the trophy Feelings Caged in Song (Complete all Ostinato Musicians' Character Episodes)

So this means you will have to go through the red door and be a secret musician. Eiji Biwasaka and Kuchinachi are linked. To complete Kuchinachi character episodes, you will have to kick out Eiji Biwasaka. To kick him out you will eventually get to a point where you will confront him over his true secret when you soul dive. He will fight you after that, and then get kicked out and never be usable again.

The other two characters that are linked with their character episodes are Shadow Knife and Kotaro Tomoe. To be able to max out Shadow Knife character episodes you need to get your affection with Kotaro Tomoe high enough like to lvl 5 or 6 i think (maybe higher). You also MUST kick out Eiji Biwasaka of the Go home club before you start the Landmark Tower stage. (You might be able to do partway but i am not sure) If you don't kick him out, after you defeat Shadow Knife, Kotaro will die and you will be locked out of completing Shadow Knife's character Episodes.

A Reason to Go Home (Complete all Go-Home Club members' Character Episodes)

To complete all the character episodes of the Go Home club, i believe you need be a woman. The reason i say this is because of Ayana Amamoto. I was able to max out her affection with a woman mc. However when i was playing a Male, after the Mu temple stage i was unable to get anymore character episodes out of her. It may of been because of one of the choices when Ayana and Eiji was fighting or maybe i just bugged out. To be on the safe side, play a woman.

In general, make a save before you talk to a character to start his or her character episode, since some choices can botch it up. If you see a big black cross thingy going through that characters name, reload.

Your First Playthrough

If you are after an efficient playthrough for your first game, i would suggest play a woman and go through the red door. If you do this, you will be able to get almost all the trophy in your first run. Stick with the musicians until you fight Thorn. You will get a choice to fight for Thorn or against Thorn when you encounter her in the Grand Guignol. After your beat the game, you will get a clear game save, if you reload it without using new game plus, you will be put right before Thorn and make the other choice. So you can get both ending trophies in your first playthrough and the character episodes of both the go home club and the musician club. You can also work on your Causality links trophies at this stage or in your second run playthrough.

Then in your second playthrough just play a male, don't go through the red door. Work on causality links trophies, finish game, get both genders trophy.

Useful Links

Here is a link that you might find useful.

Caligula Overdoes help from Jp site

The Jp site had been translate and has some info with some trauma help and you can use it to find some students. 

Vita Guide found on gamefaqs

The vita spreadsheet has some use. You can find some of the people using it but it is not 100% correct since overdoes has two more stages. If you can't find the student here, check the jp one i posted above. You can also use the Core Belief tab to find the Attack items listed there. You can also use the Manifest tab to find the defense items list there. The item list there work with overdose and helps with solving certain traumas.

MISC info

Overdose has World Reward Dungeons but they are not required for any trophies. You need codes to open them and i only ever got one code which wasn't enough to open anything. The Vita codes do not work with in overdose.

If you are code collecting, here is the only one that ever dropped for me.

Aichmophobia - first 4 letters - Ncyp

Hope this has been of help.

Good luck and all that razz jazz

Edited by Pincey
  • Like 2