Bolt Collector Trophy

KenjiCBZ

I'm trying to get this Trophy, and I have a couple of questions.

Since the glitch on the Rilgar Hoverboard Race doesn't seem to work, I'm currently grinding this Trophy by repeating multiple times the Giant Clank Section on Quartu. Starting at around 30.000 Bolts (Which I already had after almost clearing the game, I'm only yet to defeat Drek), I went to 180.000 and I bought the RYNO and the Nanotech, going again at 0 Bolts. Today I have again done the Giant Clank Section, and I have gone to 50.000.

My questions are:

1) I have four save slots, in three of them I have from 40.000 to 60.000 bolts and I'm still on Veldin (Still before defeating Drek), in the fourth one the situation is the one described above and it is the one where I a playing now, I'm at 50.000 after being at 180.000 and having bought the RYNO and the Nanotech. If I keep repeating the Giant Clank Section and I keep saving on that slot every single time, will the Trophy eventually pop? Or did I fuck up with something, with the other three slots?

2) Do the bolts that have been spent count on the total, or do you have to get 1.000.000 Bolts all at once? If the case is the first, to the 50.000 Bolts I have you should add 180.000, getting so at 230.000. However, all the other weapons and the ammos have been bought on the other three saves, so do these bolts count? If they don't, then I'm 760.000 Bolts away from the Trophy, if they do, it's less.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, gamesfourever said:

I just did this glitch today. works fine. you must be doing something wrong mate.

Yes, but I didn't understand what. 

By the way I got the Trophy a couple of days ago by repeating the Giant Clank Section. What a stupid Trophy it was. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Couldn't find a video anywhere online for this method but was able to do this one a month ago. I was in my second play through when I got to Rilgar again and did this bolt glitch. Let it sit for about 10 hours and the trophy unlocked. 

"When you arrive on the planet Rilgar, head to the left (the hydrodisplacer side) at the 3rd hydro pump thing drain the water, in the tunnel below use your taunter, it may take some walking round to find the exact spot, but when you do it gives bolts at roughly the same rate as the race track glitch does" 

When you are walking around with the Taunter, listen for the bolts then stay in that spot. 

Full thread here: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/topic/171658-easier-bolt-glitch-repeatable/

• 5 months later...
On 3/22/2019 at 8:17 PM, Slava said:

Funny thing is, it probably was supposed to be a trophy for getting 100.000 bolts. The trophy icon says "100k". This explains so much. 

Little necro, but I initially thought it was 1million because of the conversation with the bodyguard/bouncer outside of qwark's trailer saying you'd "take a picture and sell it to the tabloid for a million bolts."  That trophy image definitely says 100k, lol.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:05 PM, Piecharka22 said:

I got this to work on the first run, but it is pretty slow, so I'll look to get there on run 2. I hear it goes faster and I wont need to do it as long either way.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 8 months later...

FWIW, I played through normally until the final level and cleaned up Gold Bolts and Skill Points and purchased all weapons but the RYNO and Tesla. Grinded in Giant Clank on Quartu to save up 200k. Far too long. And then beat the game.

After that, it took 6.5 hours of grinding the Rilgar decoy glitch from 60k to 660k and the trophy popped which means in addition to the 270k spent on weapons, I spent 70k on ammo.

• 2 weeks later...

Those who went for this trophy and played via PSNow / PS+ Premium streaming, how did you approach this trophy?

First playthrough and decoy glitch into the race track?

Or NG+ and decoy?

Sewer method in NG run is painfully slow.

I'm trying to minimize the time needed for AFK grind.

Edited by HusKy