How is the plat not sub 1%?!

SnowFleurz

• 3 weeks later...

It's still easily my favorite indie game besides maybe Hyper Light Drifter ? 

I dunno if the rarity should be higher though. Let's assume it would not have been on PS+ and, at the same time, Cloudsave would not work.. What do you guys think, where would the rarity sit at? 

On 3/10/2019 at 9:56 AM, Happy said:

Cloudsave exploit is a thing, you can easily prepare with practice mode and the overall ranking is extremely forgiving

cloud save is also the reason that made rogue legacy, a game in which you need to finish in 15 runs so easy. get a bad run no problem. load up the previous save.

i like this idea... constant retry's. frustration leading to anger oh yes. i remember those rare times in certain games where i get so frustrated. sometimes it works in my favor in boosting determination.

Edited by kingdrake2

• 3 weeks later...

The reason the platinum is sub 2 percent is because of cloud saving. This is a very difficult game, one of the toughest I've played apart from Super Meat Boy.

I did some practice runs on Furier difficulty and I am getting my ass kicked.

The Star is an absolute pain and she is the last boss you have to face in the speedrun.

A lot of dodging bullets and this being a bullet hell most of the time reminds me greatly of the shmup genre.

I did it without cloudsaving and I don't think that it was that hard to deserve a sub %1 rarity. When you get the feel of the mechanics, the game becomes really enjoyable because it doesn't have any RNG shit (except for the 7th boss) and you feel like you get better every time you die. I think every game should take a lesson from this game's difficulty because it never feels unfair.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

This game doesn’t deserve sub %1

if it wasn’t on ps+ it would have been 3% IMO

On 4/13/2019 at 11:32 AM, SarpEsen said:

I did it without cloudsaving and I don't think that it was that hard to deserve a sub %1 rarity. When you get the feel of the mechanics, the game becomes really enjoyable because it doesn't have any RNG shit (except for the 7th boss) and you feel like you get better every time you die. I think every game should take a lesson from this game's difficulty because it never feels unfair.

and by the way u don’t need to cloud save just close the application and the time and hit counter will restart before the boss fight, a friend told me that

• 3 months later...

Coming from someone who first tried this game back in 2016 and couldn't get past The Burst, now I'm up to the Furier S rank trophy and I think this game is actually a relatively easy rhythm game disguised as a hard action game. The parry timings are well choreographed and pretty forgiving, plus once you start to look at the bigger picture with most of the attacks, there's a lot of safe zones. The melee sequences are easily able to be cheesed by interrupting whichever combos you don't like. It's a fantastic game, but I think it's also a lot easier than people first think it is.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 3/10/2019 at 10:59 AM, SnowFleurz said:

I think the game is really hard to even get through on furi difficulty. I can not for the life of me understand that the platinum rarity is above 1% on this site.

I know this is an old thread, but I think there is another thing that should be mentioned.  This is a trophy hunting site which attracts two groups of people.  Those who like looking for games with easy platinum trophies to get and those who like a challenge to be conquered.  Players who have honed their skills over the course of years and decades.  They look for games like this and treat them as a mountain to climb.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...