Starting a new game to reach platinum

Dr_Stranamore

OK guys, like many of you played this great game years ago and I decided to do it again to get the platinum trophy (at least finishing new game plus and all collectibles).

I've started a New Game (don't remember if at Easy or Normal) a few months ago and I reached level 2 or 3 (not shortly after we get Ellie) getting all the collectibles in those areas, and I am worried about the upgrades for Joel and weapons.

I've read that you can't upgrade everything in one run, I'll have to finish the game twice (New Game and Plus) to do so... but does the game carries the upgrades I get even if I play at higher difficulties (for example: New Game > Easy | New Game Plus > Easy | upgrade everything | New Game Plus Plus > Grounded or Survival)? Does it work even if I use chapter select?

And is there a single video with all collectibles (comics, jokes and all) AND supplements for Joel and weapons' upgrades?

Edited by Dr_Stranamore

Upgrades and such carry over to new game plus, yes. If you use the glitch you should be able to go from easy or normal straight to grounded plus and finish the upgrades and everything else on your second run. Make sure you hit the safes and such in both runs, otherwise even two runs won't be enough to upgrade everything. 

You can use this for the collectibles and such: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-last-of-us/200792-last-us-collectibles-guide-shiv-doors-optional-conversations-joke-locations.html

Look here for info about how to use the new game plus glitch as well as info about upgrading your weapons: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/the-last-of-us/243684-faq-how-2-playthrough-new-game-glitch.html

as for the collectibles i used this video as it includes all hidden rooms and ellie's jokes too:

Edited by Evil_Joker88

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/18/2019 at 4:58 AM, Dr_Stranamore said:

I'm on Chapter 3 and I've reached the first workbench, what should I upgrade first?

Starting from end-game weapon to early-game weapon:

Flamethrower -> El Diablo -> Shorty -> Shotgun ->Bow -> Hunting Rifle -> Revolver -> 9MM Pistol

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

I've nearly finished the game on Grounded + (I'm in the Hospital), but there's a little problem: Graveyard sub-chapter from Bill's Town level has not been registered as completed.

How do I fix this?

I think you just replay it until it registers and then repeat the epilogue to for the trophy to pop.

3 hours ago, mekktor said:

I think you just replay it until it registers and then repeat the epilogue to for the trophy to pop.

Thanks, I've see this has been reported by many players but I wasn't sure about the save system.

Today I got all single-player trophies for the main story, next is going to be Left Behind (never played).