Suit upgrade compass missing

Taliesin_2943

If you're still really early like I think you are it may be best to start the chapter over. This happened to me on my collectibles clean up playthrough, but the compass not being there didn't impact the trophy as I'd picked it up on my first playthrough. However, I can't say the same for you as you're just starting out.

For anyone wondering if maybe she'd missed it, you'd have to be looking at the ceiling the entire time for that prompt not to show up. It's between the 2 seats in the cockpit but the prompt will show up pretty much as soon as you enter.

Just in case though...you've gone to a workbench to see if the Compass upgrade is there? It won't show up in your backpack.

8 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

If you're still really early like I think you are it may be best to start the chapter over. This happened to me on my collectibles clean up playthrough, but the compass not being there didn't impact the trophy as I'd picked it up on my first playthrough. However, I can't say the same for you as you're just starting out.

For anyone wondering if maybe she'd missed it, you'd have to be looking at the ceiling the entire time for that prompt not to show up. It's between the 2 seats in the cockpit but the prompt will show up pretty much as soon as you enter.

Just in case though...you've gone to a workbench to see if the Compass upgrade is there? It won't show up in your backpack.

I literally just escaped the church 1st time through the game so I don't even know where a work bench is but I've reset my save from start of the area several times and it's never in the plane

Just now, Taliesin_2943 said:

I literally just escaped the church 1st time through the game so I don't even know where a work bench is but I've reset my save from start of the area several times and it's never in the plane

Check after the church maybe? I haven't heard of any suit upgrades being locked behind story progression but it could be a bug of sorts.

It's also possible you may have picked it up without realizing it. I think I did tbh. You'll come across a workbench soon. There's a bunch in Volga if you aren't on Ranger Hardcore.

51 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Check after the church maybe? I haven't heard of any suit upgrades being locked behind story progression but it could be a bug of sorts.

It's also possible you may have picked it up without realizing it. I think I did tbh. You'll come across a workbench soon. There's a bunch in Volga if you aren't on Ranger Hardcore.

Ok I did as u suggested and went to a work bench and it says I have a compass the question then is is this the compass in question because I've had it since the beginning of the game and I'm 100% certain I did not get it from the cockpit

8 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok I did as u suggested and went to a work bench and it says I have a compass the question then is is this the compass in question because I've had it since the beginning of the game and I'm 100% certain I did not get it from the cockpit

So there's 2 options on the bottom section for the Bracer? 

If so then I wouldn't worry about it right now. If you're using a collectible guide you'll know by the end of a certain area if this had anything to do with it. 

5 minutes ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

So there's 2 options on the bottom section for the Bracer? 

If so then I wouldn't worry about it right now. If you're using a collectible guide you'll know by the end of a certain area if this had anything to do with it. 

There's the basic no compass then there's the compass option if that's what you mean. But I've had this compass since I started the game even back in Moscow area 

Just now, Taliesin_2943 said:

There's the basic no compass then there's the compass option if that's what you mean. But I've had this compass since I started the game even back in Moscow area 

Then for whatever reason the game has you down as already picking it up. I haven't seen any issues regarding the other upgrades so this must be an issue only with the Compass. I was able to pick up upgrades I already had except for the Compass. Maybe an update I wasn't aware of just gives it to you starting out? 

1 minute ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

Then for whatever reason the game has you down as already picking it up. I haven't seen any issues regarding the other upgrades so this must be an issue only with the Compass. I was able to pick up upgrades I already had except for the Compass. Maybe an update I wasn't aware of just gives it to you starting out? 

I'm playing on 1.00 cause I plan to do the ranger hard core glitch so it's not in a patch

12 minutes ago, Bioshock94xLA said:

The compass is the one you already have, no need to pick it up. I unlocked the trophy yesterday picking up every upgrade except that one. 

Well that's a relief but does make u wonder why it's listed as a collectible and has a pick up for the plane cockpit unless it's for different console or something

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am missing compass.. its not in its location in the plane in volga.. I Tried followng Changing to normal from reader, i tried doing church part then checking plane, also restarted chepter numerous times., and nothing. annyone else had this issue?

EDIT: It spawned, but if this bug happens to anyone else, just restart chapter and do not go for church, go straight for the plane(it could be church mission that bugs it).

Edited by DividedByMankind

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/23/2020 at 8:44 AM, DividedByMankind said:

I am missing compass.. its not in its location in the plane in volga.. I Tried followng Changing to normal from reader, i tried doing church part then checking plane, also restarted chepter numerous times., and nothing. annyone else had this issue?

EDIT: It spawned, but if this bug happens to anyone else, just restart chapter and do not go for church, go straight for the plane(it could be church mission that bugs it).

If you're playing on reader you'll automatically have the compass equipped from the start and won't need to pick it up.  It won't be in the plane on reader, only normal and up do you have to actually find it.  One of the perks of playing on reader.  Trophy will still pop just fine once you get the rest of the upgrades in the game.