[NoSpoilers] Anything missable if going for plat blind?

Doenbo

Hey guys,

First of all: This question maybe was asked before here in the forum, but I didn't found the right post answering all my questions. I hope this is ok ;-)

I am a trophy hunter and want to play this game for my next plat. I heard many good things about NieR, so I decided to not read any guides and/or other spoilers and play the game completely blind. What I don't want is to waste an other 40 hours to play the game twice because I missed something stupid for a trophy.

So is there something I really have to look out for when going for the plat blind?

Because I have no idea what awaits me playing this game, I would appreciate if you can try to write your reply as detailed as possible :)

Thank you in advance!

Nothing is missable in this game you can just go through and play the game at your own pace and enjoy it. If you want to  once you have finished the main game and seen at least one of the 26 endings you can buy the rest of the trophies from an in-game "trophy shop" and it will unlock some of the misc trophies or alternatively just follow the guide and perform the trophy requirements yourself and unlock the trophies.

• Like 1

Actually, there are a few missables despite what others have said, but you’d need to really try to miss things.

Basically, at the very end of the game after completing multiple story routes, your Pod will ask you to make a choice. Choosing one of the options will force you to start a new save if you missed anything. I don’t want to say much more as it’s definitely a big spoiler, but it’s very well sign-posted, so you don’t need to worry about doing it by accident.

But as others have said, there’s a trophy shop near the end of the game where you can buy anything you missed/don’t want to do, which you can use a while before worrying about the choice above. 

And even if you want to do it all properly without using the trophy shop, there is a chapter select that you can use to clean up everything. Which again unlocks long enough before the end of the game that you have plenty time to do everything before worrying about things becoming missable.

• Like 3

If you dont want to buy the Trophies like me , than there are 2 missables. 1) One ending is missable , without spoiler i can tell you its an Optional super Boss , if you beat it a countdown starts , dont attack and you get Y ending . If you interrupt countdown you finish the quest and cannot unlock this ending on this save anymore.   2) there is a drop from golden robots you need to upgrade your PODS . if you kill it without looting , and move on than you miss the only chance to upgrade all PODS.

This game is very easy to Plat without buying Trophies. Maybe little bit more time consuming but worth it in my opinion.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Also, make sure to save the game frequently. There are 21 joke endings and you can get them completely on accident. When you get one the game restarts from your last save. It saves zero progress when you get a joke ending. You're almost always in the area of a save station and you don't actually have to be at one to save, you can save from the pause menu. Most joke endings are in the middle of a story event and only one I can think of can happen outside the story. I'd advise not looking at a joke ending guide because it would spoil a lot. Again, save often and you should be good.

Another thing that hasn't been mentioned is that there's no difficulty trophies. Everything can be done on easy, very hard, or a mix of everything. You're free to change the difficulty at any time if things are too easy or difficult for you. Easy mode even plays itself if you want it to.

And one thing that will make your time playing much better is the auto-pickup chip. It automatically picks up all items you run by. Saves a massive amount of time in the long run.

Once you get to post game when all the grinding starts I suggest using a guide. Finding all the materials, 20 different fish, all the weapons, how to activate the secret bosses, etc. would all be much easier with a guide. Or just buy the trophies. :P

8 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Not interested in that since i like the game.The grind in Automata seems easier than Nier

Double post but fight me.

I have both games platinumed without the trophy shop and Automata is indeed easier. Slower walking speeds is mainly what slows Gestalt/Replicant down. Took 5~ hours just to get all the black pearls I needed and I believe it was only 15-20 you'll need. Still love both games and that's why I was willing to platinum both. <3