NekoRave

Devil Hunters.

72 posts in this topic

Just figured I'd make a positive thread about this game.

Post your progress on DMC5, Vent, add tips for Hell difficulty, etc.

Good luck on the Platinum to those attempting it, I wish you luck on the endeavour.

Lol i think once everyone calms down they will start to comment here. Right now there are 2 posts brewing up a storm. For me i cant wait to try this game, prolly might get it next month. 😁

It was about time someone took a positive attitude about this game in a post :D .

Finished Human mode, on mission 15 at devil hunter, having a blast atm. I unlocked mostly everything except the difficulty specific trophies with the aforementioned S rank (did S rank on easy though so got that out of the way),I have to get all the skills for the 3 chars, do mission 11 without equipping anything with dante and spend 500k orbs with faust hat.

So far I dread the 3mil farm for each of the 3 character's EX taunts (PowerPyx gave a great hint in his guide for save reloading but I want to do it legit,bit of a masochist ).

Until I actually get to Hell and Hell , I have to say I feel that DMC4 SE was still harder to platinum, mainly because bloody palace. But damn this game is fun!

Just now, Proassassin931 said:

Lol i think once everyone calms down they will start to comment here. Right now there are 2 posts brewing up a storm. For me i cant wait to try this game, prolly might get it next month. 1f601.png

I am waiting for a sale tbh, lots on my backlog, but ive never ever played a DMC for a Plat.

I only beat DMC1 on ps3 ages ago, but I plan to do them all eventually.

Controls were a bit slow in DMC1 so took me a bit to get used to.

I am curious how many others will be able to finish the whole series?

3 minutes ago, Copanele said:

It was about time someone took a positive attitude about this game in a post :D .

Finished Human mode, on mission 15 at devil hunter, having a blast atm. I unlocked mostly everything except the difficulty specific trophies with the aforementioned S rank (did S rank on easy though so got that out of the way),I have to get all the skills for the 3 chars, do mission 11 without equipping anything with dante and spend 500k orbs with faust hat.

So far I dread the 3mil farm for each of the 3 character's EX taunts (PowerPyx gave a great hint in his guide for save reloading but I want to do it legit,bit of a masochist ).

Until I actually get to Hell and Hell , I have to say I feel that DMC4 SE was still harder to platinum, mainly because bloody palace. But damn this game is fun!

I played halfway of DMC4 on normal a long time ago, and I was stuck on the angel boss. For the life of me he just beat my ass to death and I was never able to beat him.

Most of the fun for me is just beating the game, when I get better I'll focus on harder difficulties and style stuff :P

38 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

I am waiting for a sale tbh, lots on my backlog, but ive never ever played a DMC for my Plat.

U shud see mine atleast more than 100 games plus God knows how many vita games I've gotten over the years just rotting around my house and account coz of college exams and what not. It's because of that I dont get fo enjoy the new games much when it comes out. So it will be pretty late bfr I even get to dmc5 prolly. Hopefully not too late :/

1 minute ago, Proassassin931 said:

U shud see mine atleast more than 100 games plus God knows how many vita games I've gotten over the years just rotting around my house and account coz of college exams and what not. It's because of that I dont get fo enjoy the new games much when it comes out. So it will be pretty late bfr I even get to dmc5 prolly. Hopefully not too late :/

Mines almost at 4,000.

I'm in serious trouble backlog wise 😅😅😅😅

As much as I'd love to get on new games I'm stuck in the past trying to bang out AAA games from 2000,2005-,2010 still

Just now, NekoRave said:

Mines almost at 4,000.

I'm in serious trouble backlog wise 1f605.png1f605.png1f605.png1f605.png

As much as I'd love to get on new games I'm stuck in the past trying to bang out AAA games from 2000,2005-,2010 still

Oh shit I should be bowing down to u instead 😂.

Just wait till the jump cancel gods will destroy that platinum...

Could never master jump cancel myself, but came preaty close to platinum dmc4 on the xbox when it originaly released.

Preaty much love the game and defiently will try to platinum it, though I think I never achive it.

Have a great time playing this game.

1 minute ago, Romikot84 said:

Just wait till the jump cancel gods will destroy that platinum...

Could never master jump cancel myself, but came preaty close to platinum dmc4 on the xbox when it originaly released.

Preaty much love the game and defiently will try to platinum it, though I think I never achive it.

Have a great time playing this game.

Didn't try it but if I can Balrog spam JC as it could be done in dmc3 (that's where Vergil became a joke even on DMD) then yeah the game becomes hella easy xD Because the true challenge will be pulling S ranks with Dante, Nero and V are very easy to use.

I'm on mission 19 of the DH mode. Played every DMC game but don't remember him being such a pain in the *** in DMC3.

I'd gladly accept tips for him. I can handle him until his first DT and dives, but after that it's terrible. Every time I almost finish him, one combo and it's done but right at the last minute he activates his daggers and devil trigger and it's over for me. I really didn't want to use continues but I spent two hours fighting him yesterday and nothing :/

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

Good luck on the Platinum to those attempting it, I wish you luck on the endeavour.

One thing i have to ask , we can add spoilers too no? The game has been officially launched last week after all xD 

1 minute ago, Copanele said:

One thing i have to ask , we can add spoilers too no? The game has been officially launched last week after all xD 

With tags yes haha :P

1 minute ago, NekoRave said:

With tags yes haha :P

Yes you are correct lol , I still am getting used to the forum, quite new around 

16 minutes ago, SMDoS2 said:

I'm on mission 19 of the DH mode. Played every DMC game but don't remember him being such a pain in the *** in DMC3.

I'd gladly accept tips for him. I can handle him until his first DT and dives, but after that it's terrible. Every time I almost finish him, one combo and it's done but right at the last minute he activates his daggers and devil trigger and it's over for me. I really didn't want to use continues but I spent two hours fighting him yesterday and nothing :/

Spoiler

All I can reccomend is...

Either get really good at Royal Guarding -> Just Release him , it will eat up lots of his HP

Dodge like crazy with Trickster

Use DT (not sin DT) for hp regen

Shotgun will murder his summoning swords

Also I punched him out of DT with Balrog once ,but I am not sure if that really disables his DT or it was just a happy coincidence.

The summoned swords from Dante sword also help. Maybe you need to buy more skills if you started your first playthrough on normal. Personally I just treated him like the DmC variant on steroids xD But i admit he's the hardest boss battle in the whole game

Posted (edited)

我用中文回复,使用简单的语法,你们可以通过翻译理解

使用帽子+ GS,将帽子变成僚机,这样你可以一边躲避一边攻击,可以安全地完成M12和M17 BOSS【in HAH】

这需要大量的OBRS

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av45955677/  HAH M18 no damage

bird+middle  shadow+right 

the last one nightmare+left   HAH M14 you only no damage can get s,
pts is absolutely not enough.

Edited by Mersang

1 minute ago, Mersang said:

使用帽子+GS,将帽子变成僚机,这样你可以一边躲避一边攻击,可以安全地完成M12和M17 BOSS【in HAH】

这需要大量的obrs

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av45955677/ HAH M18 NO damage

PFT that is one GOOD tactic LOL thanks for the tip xD plus the shame inflicted would make for one hell of a time

Btw congrats for the platinum ;) 

2 hours ago, Mersang said:

使用帽子+ GS,将帽子变成僚机,这样你可以一边躲避一边攻击,可以安全地完成M12和M17 BOSS【in HAH】

这需要大量的OBRS

https://www.bilibili.com/video/av45955677/  HAH M18 no damage

bird+middle  shadow+right 

the last one nightmare+left   HAH M14 you only no damage can get s,
pts is absolutely not enough.

Thanks man, do you have any tips for mission 8 and 10? They’re the hardest after mission 18 for me 

55 minutes ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

Thanks man, do you have any tips for mission 8 and 10? They’re the hardest after mission 18 for me 

M8你需要时间暂停+Buster arm来击败Red phantom,之后的难度并不高,需要尝试

M10非常困难,你至少需要保证每一场的PTS超过5000,最好第一个PTS超过6000,因为S需要6000pts,或者你可以试着no damage

So far loving the game, I have 9 S ranks left on DH but im just doing Human rn. Think ill S rank after everything after DMD. V is stupidly easy, he just kills everything and gets S instantly even on SOS. 

4 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

So far loving the game, I have 9 S ranks left on DH but im just doing Human rn. Think ill S rank after everything after DMD. V is stupidly easy, he just kills everything and gets S instantly even on SOS. 

on DMD V is annoying as your pets will always die and your health drops real fast and you can't regain health with DT you'll only have hope for getting green orbs after killing enemies while having the Nightmare summoned.

or I might be just that bad on V as I don't really like him that much.

Just now, BASEL-_-KSA said:

on DMD V is annoying as your pets will always die and your health drops real fast and you can't regain health with DT you'll only have hope for getting green orbs after killing enemies while having the Nightmare summoned.

or I might be just that bad on V as I don't really like him that much.

Does DT regain health on the griffon and shadow? If not I guess DMD is where V becomes hard.

6 minutes ago, lilpain97 said:

Does DT regain health on the griffon and shadow? If not I guess DMD is where V becomes hard.

nope you dont regain health, but green orbs will have more chances to appear when DT is used.

Wow, so you can use the faust hat for rapid damage and use the floating swords for some defense while running around and keeping the camera away from unnecessary enemies and you will get that s rank. That's pretty cheap tactic but I may just try it out. It's going to take a while before people will make SSS rank DMD vids.

12 hours ago, NekoRave said:

<3 

Right now I'm working on SOS Difficulty. Just finished Mission 13, gotta finish SOS and post the picture on tomorrow.

I already got all S-Rank on both Human and Devil Hunter difficulty. About SOS, I got 12 S-Ranks except Mission 10 and 12,  these mission will take a lot progress. some battle are tedious and annoying...(Yeah, Fury. I hate that. even I know how to parry him I still can't get a higher stylish points.)

Good luck with you guys. Be a better Devil Hunter :P

Posted (edited)

Ok after finishing the tedious Normal mode I started to mess around in Son of Sparda mode, where enemies already come in different flavours and have more HP. Here's what tactics I have found. Mind you they aren't crazy SSStylish tactics but they will get you S rank (at least it worked for me :P

First thing first , I made sure to switch the square with L1 for Nero and V . Boy it was a game changer and it spared my fingers, now I can combo like crazy with Nero and charge shot as much as I desire. Same with V , I started to rely more on Shadow while i just lightning spam with Griffin. Didn't do the same for dante, for some reason he is fine for me with guns on square .

On Nero I started to rely less on devil breakers ,there is only one that I use : Gerbera. The most BEAUTIFUL dodge button ever, gets you out in almost every sticky situation. Become a master of Gerbera and even the lousiest bosses become trivial. Instant S rank if you get through the level without taking damage. Apart from that , Nero is the easiest character to use, fun as hell. Even Urizen in the prologue is a joke once you master the dodge. My Devil Breaker usually contains : Gerbera -> Punch Line -> Gerbera -> Punch Line etc. Switching to Punch Line for when I need more combos.

On V : Ok on Son of Sparda his familiars really die faster. What I do is always make sure I keep Griffin near me while Shadow mauls the enemies. Upgraded to Royal Fork so I won't be required to teleport in the middle of enemies to finish them off, coward's way is the safest way xD . If shadow dies, I use griffin to load up the DT and instant summon nightmare, replenish mr kitty and deactivate DT. Oh also destroying the walls with Nightmare apparently gives you some style points? IDK how that works but ... you get points at the end so pretty sweet i guess EDIT : Misinformation from my side, I read a stat sheet wrong. Walls don't get you anything in terms of score.

With DANTE...boy oh boy he's a tough one. Of course if you are a Royal Guard master then the whole game is trivial like... Parry god ftw. But since I am not that skilled what I do is : Sword master + dance macabre / KC staff mode , back + O , it really demolishes the enemies. Gunslinger + Cascade for those really annoying enemies that I don't want to get near aand trickster trickster TRICKSTER vs bosses. Yeah it's not stylish but it gets the job done.SPECIAL mention vs Fury, time your jump and shotgun,it flicks him backwards, then go and dish as much damage possible. Also make sure you abuse the camera, enemies that are not in the camera field won't attack which is really helpful.

For the spoilery part on mission 19 and 20 : 

Spoiler

Treat Vergil as DMD Vergil from DmC reboot. Shocking but using the tactics I used for that (failed) reboot worked charms . Destroy the summoned swords with shotgun, use trickster, then combo him with Dante Sword + Balrog punch variant(or kick variant if you miss the starfall attack from DMC3). When Vergil goes to Devil trigger/ Sin Devil trigger BE PATIENT!!! I cannot emphasis this enough. Yes he becomes a fast asshole but just time your trickster dash right and you will avoid all his damage. Yes EVEN when he goes Sin mode + Spiral swords around you,just dodge dodge dodge , or DT yourself and Dodge if you aren't sure of your skills. Personally I found him to be stupidly easy compared to his Urizen variant in mission 17.

With Nero.....man Vergil is dissapointing. Gerbera destroys the Spiral swords around you , you can buster his ass when he does the Sin dash(reminding me of Sanctus Diabolica when he was charging Sparda sword), I managed to do him no damage. Fun fun fun)

That's all for now. I should abuse the Faust Hat abit in another playthrough. It's fun but i want to gain some more red orbs for now. Apparently this game is easier than the previous iterations if you time your attacks and observe the patterns as I haven't felt the bosses being that erratic.

Of course  , Hell and Hell will be a different story xD coming with tips once I get there.

Hope this rant will help abit! 

Edited by Copanele