Duke got killed even tho I killed no one

Taliesin_2943

Ok so I'm following a guide I rescued the 2 sets of cultists I did all of Volga without killing anyone I didn't even knock any cultists out yet the leader guy screams murder and Duke gets shot. Can I just replay the chapter without losing all my collectibles or do I gotta start from scratch?

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Ok so I'm following a guide I rescued the 2 sets of cultists I did all of Volga without killing anyone I didn't even knock any cultists out yet the leader guy screams murder and Duke gets shot. Can I just replay the chapter without losing all my collectibles or do I gotta start from scratch?

If you replay the chapter from chapter select, any collectibles you got in the run where Duke dies will still register as collected (they technically should no longer be visible either in the gameworld and visible in your Collectibles > Diary part of your pause menu ).

Same goes for counters towards trophies like 'kill x amount of people from a long distance' etc. Any progress towards that stuff and collectibles is saved on the game data side of things.

In terms of Duke dying, did you do some of the other actions in the area? I seem to remember that there are a couple of points where you can help the cultists and do nice things etc to up the positive outcome chances.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

16 minutes ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

If you replay the chapter from chapter select, any collectibles you got in the run where Duke dies will still register as collected (they technically should no longer be visible either in the gameworld and visible in your Collectibles > Diary part of your pause menu ).

Same goes for counters towards trophies like 'kill x amount of people from a long distance' etc. Any progress towards that stuff and collectibles is saved on the game data side of things.

In terms of Duke dying, did you do some of the other actions in the area? I seem to remember that there are a couple of points where you can help the cultists and do nice things etc to up the positive outcome chances.

Yes I rescued 2 sets that where being held prisoner by bandits if that's what you mean by doing nice things for them I got good karma flash for each of those and in the tugboat as well and didn't touch any cultists and only knocked out bandits no killing at all ever except mutants

9 hours ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Yes I rescued 2 sets that where being held prisoner by bandits if that's what you mean by doing nice things for them I got good karma flash for each of those and in the tugboat as well and didn't touch any cultists and only knocked out bandits no killing at all ever except mutants

Just to go over everything:

You stealth'd your way out of the church the first time

(or alternatively if you did engage the cultists, you didn't kill anyone after they surrendered and you didn't kill any civilians ((woman hiding in pantry in church etc.)))

You saved the one guy in the cage where the guitar is

You saved 3 guys in the bandit building Duke points out and got NVG room key from one

You didn't harm the two guys fishing in the north part of the map

You didn't harm any other cultists you could run into in the open world

You stealth'd your way to the tug boat captain prior to final mission (knockouts are OK, but clean run preferable)

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

You reached the priest at the bridge without killing anyone (knockouts OK) and without being spotted? (knocking someone out and their body being found has the same outcome as starting a firefight, and if you get spotted in the first part on the bridge and run to the lift without killing anyone it still counts as -bad-)

If you did everything above then Duke has no reason to die.

The last mission if really critical YOU MUST stealth your way to the priest. No one can spot you, you can't kill anyone, no bodies can be found.

If you did everything then it seems it glitched, and you're due for a restart.

1 hour ago, Valkirye22 said:

Just to go over everything:

You stealth'd your way out of the church the first time

(or alternatively if you did engage the cultists, you didn't kill anyone after they surrendered and you didn't kill any civilians ((woman hiding in pantry in church etc.)))

You saved the one guy in the cage where the guitar is

You saved 3 guys in the bandit building Duke points out and got NVG room key from one

You didn't harm the two guys fishing in the north part of the map

You didn't harm any other cultists you could run into in the open world

You stealth'd your way to the tug boat captain prior to final mission (knockouts are OK, but clean run preferable)

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

You reached the priest at the bridge without killing anyone (knockouts OK) and without being spotted? (knocking someone out and their body being found has the same outcome as starting a firefight, and if you get spotted in the first part on the bridge and run to the lift without killing anyone it still counts as -bad-)

If you did everything above then Duke has no reason to die.

The last mission if really critical YOU MUST stealth your way to the priest. No one can spot you, you can't kill anyone, no bodies can be found.

If you did everything then it seems it glitched, and you're due for a restart.

Yep I did all of that the only thing I can think of is the civilian cultists saw me but didn't react on the last part where they are chanting

• 2 weeks later...

Actually I got the trophy although I killed a few cultists in the church and also on the tug boat on my way to the bridge. And I killed mostly all bandits. On the bridge itself I didn't get spotted and just knocked out everyone and I also saved all cultists from the bandits.