Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

2 minutes ago, SinisterPledge said:

So far it's definitely God of War.

Now, I realize I might need to explain that. I really liked the game. The story, the visuals, the boss fights, the way they used Norse mythology. It was all great. Thing is, I felt done with the game after I finished the story, which I usually don't do with open world games. I don't agree at all with their decision to make the world some sort of an open world/linear levels hybrid abomination. The trophies and collectibles were designed as if the world is completely open, yet every location is very linear and you have to walk very specific routes to reach what you're looking for.

I'm not saying it's a hard plat by any stretch of the imagination, or that it's horribly tedious, it's just a very weird way to go about it, imo. I don't mind exploring and spending time with a game, but I dislike when I have to follow a step-by-step video guide for collectibles. 

Never platted God of war as am not a fan of the series but I hate those type of collectibles too or collectibles that are just there to be there. The only real ones I like are ones that have some story or purpose other then trophy related to get them. Kinda like TLOU and Mad Max 

• Like 1

Oxenfree. I liked the first playthrough, at least somewhat. But three additional playthroughs, one of them "silent", made this plat super boring. 

Sure, one playthrough is not thaaaat long.. but still. Ended up really disliking my time with this one. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. I was hoping for a post apocalyptic walking simulator with an interesting story, but it felt more like a bland crawl more than anything else towards the end.

I didn't really find the story to be all that interesting and there was hardly anything to interact with other than the projections in the story which made this hard to finish on just a blind playthrough.

It was the first time I felt like I was playing a game purely for trophies.

I totally agree with you lol

I usually enjoy most of the games I play, but man Everybody's Gone to the Rapture felt like a chore

• Like 4

Kona- such a tedious game and one I got mainly for trophies (reviews were also favourable)

Rise of the tomb raider - Such a step down in overall quality as compared to the first game and I hated all the collectible hunting. 

Red Dead Redemption 2- Great game but rockstar's poor and obnoxious design system in regards to 100% completion made the game tedious and mind numbing. 

8 minutes ago, colia100 said:

Everbody's gone to the rapture.

If i wanted to walk around town at a normal pace and look at houses and trees, i would heave my fat ass out of my couch and do that in real life... :dunno:

Since that trauma, i check walking and running speeds on all new games i play, and if i can't haul ass, i'm outta there!

Lmao! I just stay away from walking simulators for the most part now, but checking running/walking speed in every type of game? That's commitment! xD

• Like 2

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture. My brother bought it and he kind of enjoyed it and since it was in the library I decided to check it out. It was a bad idea... I can understand that some people found it entertaining but it was just boring for me and didn't find the story interesting at all

• Like 2