Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

I'd say Darksiders 1 and 2.

I finished the 1st one, put myself through torment of getting all collectibles and then I still had to do 2 things, hard difficulty playthrough and that piece of shit "Kill 160 enemies while riding angelic beast" trophy. I finally forced myself to get it done after 2 years. 

Darksiders 2 however was so boring that I couldn't even finish the story alone. Dropped the game for nearly a year and would never touch it again if I didn't break my leg and had 2 months of free time. 

I thought this franchise was a pure slasher type of game and even though combat wasn't that bad, there was not much of it. There was plenty of something else however... PUZZLES. 

Yea, literally every single room had to be some kind of environmental puzzle, some of them being absolutely ridiculous. 

No Darksiders 3 for me, even if it's given to me for free. 

Edited by maniek515
  • Like 1

On 3/12/2019 at 7:53 PM, BANGURDEAD04 said:

Just want to see what other people  find to be their most boring platinum they achieved. Personally mine was goat simulator. Bought it on sale and forced myself to plat it.

Mine was definitely GRIM FANDANGO. It was painful and I still haven't recovered mentally.:awesome:

There's been a few, which makes picking a 'most boring' pretty tough. Some candidates:

Danganronpa V3. I love the Danganronpa series. I love this game. I love all the extra stuff unlocked after beating the game. I love how they interlink with levelling up characters on a board game to take them into a dungeon crawler. I hate that I've beaten and unlocked everything and still have a trophy left. Why do I have to go around the boardgame with all 50ish characters? It's pointless! And it takes 10 minutes each just rushing through! Took me 9 days of staggering this, doing a few a day, just to avoid insanity.

Gauntlet. So mind numbingly grindy I wrote a short story about how mad I went getting the platinum.

Dragon Quest Heroes. As if hours of grinding wasn't enough, this throws in a RNG trophy where you have to see each character's 'puff-puff'. It's soul destroying having this as the last trophy, repeating the same actions over and over again and never knowing when it was going to end.

• Like 1

• Adventure Time: Finn & Jake Investigations - That’s a few hours and 54 AUD I’m never getting back. Missable collectable and/or miscellaneous trophies = full game walkthrough for a point & click game.
  • Everybodys Gone To The Rapture - The only reason I touched this game was for the trophies (obviously!) but I’m not complaining about that as I bought it back in November 2016 when It was featured on the PS Plus IGC. I couldn’t invest in the story one single bit and as nothing was going on I left it uncompleted. Then I decided to go back for the platinum almost 2 years later.
  • Pic-a-Pix: Color (PS4 & Vita) - Again, another easy platinum that took longer than others. Following the solutions for a puzzle game for more than 7 hours was not fun. I mean, name me ONE PERSON who purchased a game published by Lightwood with the intent to play through an entire Pic-a-Pix / POWGI game without using a single guide.

Get Fit With Mel B.  I bought it purely because I'm obsessed with the Spice Girls and was pretty much buying anything the five girls put out at the time.  I was probably the only person excited for the game, the manager of GameStop even knew that I wanted it and remembered when it came in, haha.  Actually using it was fine, but the poor tracking of the Move controller made me stop using it.  I got ahold of the European version to just get the platinum out of the way (no Move or camera required in this version) and spent hours listening to Mel B tell me how good I'm doing.  While I'm glad to finally be done with it and don't scroll past the incomplete trophy list anymore, it was definitely boring as all hell.  But according to the Platinum, my body is a temple... so there's that.

• Like 2

Dying Reborn - It wasn't fun. I didn't understand the story at all and I had to replay it multiple times because I didn't follow the walkthrough, I wanted to make some sense of it and a problem I had with the menu where it wouldn't allow me to select levels. I only stuck with it because it was so short but it's a complete waste of time and I would delete that platinum if I could.

Edited by DaikichiKawachi

Gwent the Witcher card game.  I had fun for about 20 hours but once I had all the trophies except Prestige I had to grind out like 23 levels for like 25 hours, at that point I wasn't playing anymore I just qued up matches and spammed X to play cards.

I don't know which one is worst, if the grinding for Cat Call in Injustice 2 or the farming of Zeny for the 20 million in FighterZ (Still working on it)... At least the games are very good but the plat is very boring and just because of one trophy (We are talking of more than 70 hours on each one just for one trophy... Well at least the one of Injustice 2 is luck based and some people get it very fast, but normally that isn't the case...)

Driving 1000 miles on Jimmy's Vendetta is another boring one, but it's just a trophy on Mafia II DLC and just needed for the 100% =P

• Like 1

Prince of Persia on PS3. Like 8 years ago...I remember falling asleep in my chair playing it...multiple times.

1 hour ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Driving 1000 miles on Jimmy's Vendetta is another boring one, but it's just a trophy on Mafia II DLC and just needed for the 100% =P

OMG...wasn't that torture? 

Edited by sum1_worsethan_u
  • Like 1