Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

Deal Island. Just boring and tedious and I hate FPSs. Rented it, Ran it over with my car so I ended up owning it, and played it cause I had to pay full retail for it...

3 hours ago, LazyWynn said:

So far for me it’s Thor: God of Thunder. I wanted to play some Marvel games after seeing Endgame, so I bought this and it’s just so bad and boring, and difficult for no reason at all.

You are a gosh darn champ because I gave up on that somewhere in the first level. I'm not a MCEU fan (I prefer the X-side of Marvel Comics), but Captain America (game) was a little piece of alright.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, maniek515 said:

I'd say Darksiders 1 and 2.

I finished the 1st one, put myself through torment of getting all collectibles and then I still had to do 2 things, hard difficulty playthrough and that piece of shit "Kill 160 enemies while riding angelic beast" trophy. I finally forced myself to get it done after 2 years. 

Darksiders 2 however was so boring that I couldn't even finish the story alone. Dropped the game for nearly a year and would never touch it again if I didn't break my leg and had 2 months of free time. 

I thought this franchise was a pure slasher type of game and even though combat wasn't that bad, there was not much of it. There was plenty of something else however... PUZZLES. 

Yea, literally every single room had to be some kind of environmental puzzle, some of them being absolutely ridiculous. 

No Darksiders 3 for me, even if it's given to me for free. 

I have never read a post that I agree with than this right here.

These games were brutally boring and the quests had almost no thought put into them whatsoever.

Assassin's Creed: Origins. I really liked the game, but the trophy that made you complete all locations made me stop playing the game and come back to it. Don't quote me on this, but there are something like 400+ locations to find. When playing the story I would take time to complete all locations I encountered between story beats, but eventually it just made everything a slog. 

Second place though would be The Order: 1886. The platinum was done in a day, but the game is so boring. 

• Like 1

For me there are several titles that could quality for the most boring game. But Lego games are those I think is most boring. I play them since I started out several of them with my previous stepkid a few years ago I will complete them sooner or later because they are quite easy to get trophies (but a little time consuming) and because I'm a completionist. But fun? Not at all. I assume if you got a very "mature" taste of media like Hitchcock for movies you simply don't enjoy kids stuff anymore. Passed times...

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

My conclusion from reading this thread: Damn y'all really hate Everybody's Gone to the Rapture lol

It sure was boring. If the player was able to run the game would be over in about 10 minutes. 

12 hours ago, panikooooos said:

Grim Fandango is a 10/10 wtf am I reading

Ok I'll tell you (in a soft voice) what you reading since you've only been on the internet for a week or you one of those that doesn't have the words "someone else's opinion" in your vocabulary. Just because you see GF as a 10/10 doesn't mean it's a 10/10 for someone else. I can understand if someone played it as a youngest back in the day and the remaster brought back memories. As a gamer that didn't play the original it has not aged well, controls were shit and found it boring af. So i respect that you give it a 10/10 and can see why but as from my side I'd give it a 4/10. Happy trophy hunting:wave:

EDIT: If it's a 10/10 for you why haven't you played/platted it :hmm:

Edited by DF007gamer

5 hours ago, DF007gamer said:

Ok I'll tell you (in a soft voice) what you reading since you've only been on the internet for a week or you one of those that doesn't have the words "someone else's opinion" in your vocabulary. Just because you see GF as a 10/10 doesn't mean it's a 10/10 for someone else. I can understand if someone played it as a youngest back in the day and the remaster brought back memories. As a gamer that didn't play the original it has not aged well, controls were shit and found it boring af. So i respect that you give it a 10/10 and can see why but as from my side I'd give it a 4/10. Happy trophy hunting:wave:

EDIT: If it's a 10/10 for you why haven't you played/platted it :hmm:

Grim Fandango is an objective 10/10 sorry, also I haven't played it on the ps4 because i don't have a ps4, I've finished the original game on the pc obviously who plays point and click on ps4 anyways ?. I know it's a different opinion but it's a bad one tbqhwyf ?

On 5/17/2019 at 4:13 PM, DeepEyes7 said:

Sure, to get the 1000 miles you need to drive like 15+ hours... Just aimlessly driving... In the story you don't even rack 100 miles...

That actually wasn't a question. That was an agreement. I did the 1000 miles as well. My bad for not making that clear...

• 3 weeks later...

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. It's great storywise, but after finishing the story, the trophies felt like a chore. Doesn't help that even the character's running speed is rather slow. There are walking simulators with good trophy sets like Soma, The Vanishing of Ethan Carter or What Remains of Edith Finch, but the trophies in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture felt like the devs just put them in because they could.

Most boring? My top 3.

Far Cry 5. I could not engage myself in the open world like the previous games which made everything so much more tedious.

No Man's Sky. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the game at first and the initial concept had me hooked from the get-go but after the first few days realising it wouldn't take me long to get all of the trophies at the time, I soon lost interest and it just become a mental grind.

The Order 1886. Way too short for what it was, which severely disappointed me because again it was such a cool idea of a game, and pretty to look at too. After completing the story, cleanup wasn't so much of a drag but replaying it just felt wrong.