Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

When I saw this topic, I thought of Everybody's Gone To The Rapture too.  :P

I probably would have liked the game better if I had just stopped after the first playthrough.  I just played the game without worrying about trophies and it was OK.  Slow, but kind of interesting for what it was.  But, going after the trophies was just really annoying and boring.  And the more you replay the game the more you realize how it's just not that interesting.

• Like 4

Y'all saying Everybody's Gone to the Rapture need to play Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure. Sure, EGttR is a bit slow-paced and has some annoying collectibles, but at least it has color and graphics and music and a story. From the moment you start Phil's Dumbass Adventure, you are going to suffer from sensory deprivation, as you stare at a completely white screen and slowly turn individual squares to black, while a 5-second music loop drills the back of your mind, letting you know that you still have over 100 hours of gameplay "fun" ahead of you.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

Horizon: Zero Dawn. The game is terrible, I stopped caring very quickly and I still need to do another playthrough. 

Wow. Suprised by that. Love to know wot u class as good games. 

Mine ss to be borderlands telltale. Only played it cos it was on plus and a easy plat. If i wanted to watch a game id watch tv or a film

10 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Y'all saying Everybody's Gone to the Rapture need to play Fill-a-Pix: Phil's Epic Adventure. Sure, EGttR is a bit slow-paced and has some annoying collectibles, but at least it has color and graphics and music and a story. From the moment you start Phil's Dumbass Adventure, you are going to suffer from sensory deprivation, as you stare at a completely white screen and slowly turn individual squares to black, while a 5-second music loop drills the back of your mind, letting you know that you still have over 100 hours of gameplay "fun" ahead of you.

Isn't that a Picross game? I love those!

American McGee's Alice on PS3 and Disgaea 3 on the Vita.

they were the 2 low points in my trophy career, where I considered quitting. Alice was the most boring game I've ever played and Disgaea 3 was a game that just never seemed to end. It took 180-200 hours to get the platinum. It was the only game I played for at least 40-60 days and after I got the platinum I took a break form all video games for awhile.

Edited by VanDeaM

I just finished Mad Max, 9 months after initially starting it. I got the dreaded 190/191 challenge glitch, where one of the scrap locations I cleared didn't register. For those who haven't played it, the grind for all the challenges is pretty long. Over 200 scrap locations, 20+ camps, etc. it does get boring rather quick. While my initial playthrough was fun, doing the 100% grind a second time just to account for the glitched challenge was a pain in the rear. I'm not knocking the game, it's pretty underrated and tons of fun. But yeah, if you're planning to plat it, save yourself a lot of time just to focus on Mad Max for a while (especially if you're like me where my only gaming time is 2-3 hours late at night).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, i-kicked-a-brit said:

I just finished Mad Max, 9 months after initially starting it. I got the dreaded 190/191 challenge glitch, where one of the scrap locations I cleared didn't register. For those who haven't played it, the grind for all the challenges is pretty long. Over 200 scrap locations, 20+ camps, etc. it does get boring rather quick. While my initial playthrough was fun, doing the 100% grind a second time just to account for the glitched challenge was a pain in the rear. I'm not knocking the game, it's pretty underrated and tons of fun. But yeah, if you're planning to plat it, save yourself a lot of time just to focus on Mad Max for a while (especially if you're like me where my only gaming time is 2-3 hours late at night).

Im with u with this one. I got the same glitch. Not been on it since. No way am i playing through that again

18 minutes ago, Merlarva said:

I'll go with Knack, Uncharted 4 or Horizon Zero Dawn.

You av zero taste in games pal

16 minutes ago, VanDeaM said:

American McGee's Alice on PS3 and Disgaea 3 on the Vita.

they were the 2 low points in my trophy career, where I considered quitting. Alice was the most boring game I've ever played and Disgaea 3 was a game that just never seemed to end. It took 180-200 hours to get the platinum. It was the only game I played for at least 40-60 days and after I got the platinum I took a break form all video games for awhile.

LOL, don't think you are really into SLG then. I platted that game long time ago, grindy, sure, but not that intolerable to me.

46 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Killzone HD, absolute chore requiring multiple playthroughs. Looks bland, plays bland, story and characters are one note. Forced myself to complete it in a few days, regret doing it.

Damn! Killzone was an amazing game from the ps2 era. I keep some great memories from my teen years playing it :( Maybe the trophies are bad I have no idea, I may replay it since it is available in ps now, but for me it is a classic shooter game from the past like Medal of Honor Frontline or Call of Duty 2

Summon Night 6: Lost Borders. There's one trophy that requires you to fish all fishes in max/min sizes (MH style). The mini-game itself is very simple but you have to repeat that mindless action countless times to satisfy the RNG god.

I have been into trophy hunting for some time and had my fair share of grinding experience. But for the first time in my life I was questioning myself why I am doing it.

Now I am stuck with something else in that game and forced to put down the game for a bit. but I would put it here before I come back and retry the platinum.

• Like 1

Anything with the name "Enigmatis" in the title.  About fell asleep during the games, and the only reason I have them is I got them on sale as a package.  Would of preferred blowing my money on something else.  Plus, insult to injury, one trophy glitched and I have to play the game again.  :rolleyes:

That honour would definitely have to go to Arcania: Gothic 4. One of the worst games I've played in my life - I have absolutely no idea why I stuck through to the end when I have absolutely no qualms just hiding a game after getting bored with it and moving onto the next title on my backlog. It was actually pretty entertaining at first - some of the worst dialogue and flat out janky shit I'd ever seen in my life, but the novelty wore off quickly. I must have been on something that week, because for whatever reason I couldn't put it down.