Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

5 hours ago, Nighcisama said:

Up until a few days ago it was the platinum of Orcs Must Die Unchained, you play the same map over and over again between 500 and 600 times depending on your efficency and it got very tedious, but at least improving your average and testing new shit out kept it semi interesting for quite a while, and testing new shit did too.

Then I played The Forest, a great game that clearly had some drunken imbecile in charge of doing the trophy requirements. There was a trophy for destroying 1000 trees that was of course buggy, there was a trophy that saw you having the playstation on for many, many hours just to kill the time until day 100 that was slightly buggy, there was one for running through every centimeter of every dark as an asscrack cave that was of course heavily bugged so I had to do it 3 times for the trophy to pop, there was a trophy that wanted you to walk 50.000 steps that only began counting AFTER you found an otherwise useless small item in one of the maze like caves so I actually rubberbanded my sticks together for the character to run in circles for hours, there was the buggy craft 10 medicine that had me run around the map a few times to look for herbs, there was a trophy for eating every of the 6 mushroom types but one was so rare that people assumed it was bugged so you guessed it, more running around the map for good old me.

Now even though I have done all of the above, I still do not have the platinum because of yet another bugged shite trophy called, ironically, Trophy Hunter, that wants you to display the head of every animal in the game as a trophy. Have done that two times by now despite the Geese being so buggy that you have to build an entire underwater structure below the surface to even have a chance of getting one of the heads(they pretty much instantly sink through the floor, but sometimes they get stuck on the structure), yet alone two, but the trophy still decided not to pop. At this point I no longer really care, my completionist ambition is already ruined by Super Meat Boy turning out to be not doable for me, so what is another unobtained platinum at this point. Really a shame that such a good game like The Forest leaves such a bad memory for me overall because of how shit and bugged many of the trophy requirements were.

Couldn't help laughing at your tragicomic The Forest story, sorry. ? It's always a shame when otherwise a good game which you really wanted to like ended up a crapfest and was completely ruined by bugs and stupid trophies. For me it was Kingdom Come Deliverance... probably lost 30 hours worth of playing due to save file corrupts, animation freeze glitches and other Warhorse Studio magic.

But most boring would still have to be Final Fantasy 14 with its FATE/crafting/levequest grinding. I could have made it meaningful back then and leveled other jobs in the process but went the most time efficient way of doing low level FATEs over and over again. I returned to that game on PC a year after getting the plat and fell in love with it again now that I don't have any trophies to stress about. Could have benefitted from choosing a smarter approach with the grind...

Edited by Poramies
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Poramies said:

Couldn't help laughing at your tragicomic The Forest story, sorry. 1f62c.png It's always a shame when otherwise a good game which you really wanted to like ended up a crapfest and was completely ruined by bugs and stupid trophies. For me it was Kingdom Come Deliverance... probably lost 30 hours worth of playing due to save file corrupts, animation freeze glitches and other Warhorse Studio magic.

At least the trouble I went through in The Forest made someones day. Kingdom Come Deliverance, tell me about it, I platinumed this turd last year. I had to store my saves elsewhere after losing two of them, there was the annoying King Charming trophy that I really struggled with and I made my life more difficult than it needed to be by doing the second playthrough for the Merciful Trophy in Hardcore mode with all negative perks to get these out of the way too. Let's just say they do not go all that well together, the last battle was pure magic and needed like 20 tries, the successful one lasting almost two hours and I regret not recording it to laugh about it later. At least it was not boring, but boy did I have some moments of rage. Some bugs were so funny that I was not even mad though, and from what I heard the game is still in a pitiful state even today, more than a year after release, which is a shame given that I wanted to return after all the low effort dlc are out to see if it is playable now.

Edited by Nighcisama

Bloodborne jk that's blasphemy.

The Technomancer- I liked the game it was fun to play but going for the platinum was boring simply because of all the backtracking. Had to take several breaks during my extreme difficulty playthrough because of all the walking back and forth. It got worst at the end when you have to walk all the way to one place to talk to an npc then walk all the way to another then back then do the same thing over again 2 more times. I'm annoyed just thinking about it.

For me, definitely Fear 2.

It took me a year and a month to get through the online for that. 

Stuck in a 16 person ps3 chat with so many non-cooperative folk or guys simply in chat but not even playing while others who were waiting to get in the lobby were blocked out.

I remember one time a guy who already had the plat was blocking space in the chat to 'supervise the chat' and not actually playing... seriously, some of the crap in that chat.

Plus my connection was pretty bad so i would get booted 2 out of every 3 matches and xp doesn't count if you get kicked. 

I think being part of such a toxic chat made it all worse. if i were to do it again now, with a couple ps3s and some good like-minded mates, it would be somewhat more bearable.

Looking back, if it were still possible, i'd do it again for the japanese stack... never with a chat of randoms though.

• Like 2

Obduction.  I know it was designed for VR but decided to play it because I was familiar with the Myst-like games.  I fell into the same trap like all the other Myst games: play as much as i can without consulting a guide.  That didn't last long.  Got too bored and even took a several-month hiatus before dragging myself back to play it again. 

The most boring game I've actually Platted is probably Virginia. Very tedious going through the game twice. Grim Fandango and Deponia are up there as well since I followed a guide basically straight through which removed the fun from the games. Not going to do that again just for a Platinum. 

Other Plats I've given up on due to boredom are Stories: Paths of Destinies and Shenmue. Stories was fun for a while but the grind for all the endings was just too much to bear. I actually might go back and finish that one since enough time has probably  passed for the game to feel fresh enough for me to finish the Plat.  Shenmue is just flat out a boring and tedious game and I doubt I ever go back for the Platinum. 

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

Mine would be Ratchet and Clank on PS4, grinding to get all the weapons to level 10 was soooooo annoying. It pretty much ruined my enjoyment of the game which was a shame since it is a good game. This game really turned me off from playing the others since I know I would be too tempted to platinum them. 

• Like 2

Either Super Smash Playstation, Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments, or Sly Cooper 1.

Smash Playstation tried too hard to be innovative with its way of getting kills, but honestly, it'd probably still suck even if it didn't make that mistake. Trying to mix platform fighters with normal fighters doesn't work too well, either. I only managed to do it because of how little attention was needed for most of it.

Holmes should've been a PS4 exclusive with how poorly it ran on the PS3, but even then, the whole morality thing suffered from how you were railroaded to choosing a specific choice or be forced to play it again for the trophy. I have a feeling my enjoyment was heavily hampered by using a guide, but it has collectables and I simply cannot stand those.

Sly Cooper 1...well, barely any part of it was enjoyable for me. I particularly hated how loud your partners were, since they were practically screaming.

• Like 1

That's a good question, normally I would say Everyone's gone to the Rapture (mainly because of your character's snail pace speed) or Murdered: Soul Suspect because its entirely a collectathon. But these games I got what I expected, TellTale's Guardian of the Galaxy on the other hand was so boring, yet it shouldn't have been, I mean ITS THE FRINKING GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, its should have been excited!

Edited by Pershing24
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pershing24 said:

Murdered: Soul Suspect because its entirely n collectathon. But these games I got what I expected, TellTale's Guardian of the Galaxy on the other hand was so boring, yet it shouldn't have been, I mean ITS THE FRINKING GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY, its should have been excited!

I totally agree with these, ugh! It was a PAIN collecting all the stuff for Murdered, and Guardians was slow and the story was meh...

I've also forced myself to plat XBlaze: Lost Memories, but I probably would've had more fun just watching an anime by itself. The story was interesting but it just wasn't delivered well in terms of the game. 

• Like 1

Maxing every monster in Godzilla (PS4 version) is probably the most tedious, but at least some monsters were interesting to play and others... well, let's not talk about SpaceGodzilla. Also I just got the Fate/Extella Umbral Star plat. I don't know why this is 8,4% rarity. Imo it's more tedious than for example Warriors All Stars. At least in the latter I was working towards stuff like alternative endings.

46 minutes ago, mecharobot said:

Maxing every monster in Godzilla (PS4 version) is probably the most tedious, but at least some monsters were interesting to play and others... well, let's not talk about SpaceGodzilla. Also I just got the Fate/Extella Umbral Star plat. I don't know why this is 8,4% rarity. Imo it's more tedious than for example Warriors All Stars. At least in the latter I was working towards stuff like alternative endings.

Yeah I’m surprised the plat for Extella is that high, having to replay everything on very hard was just dumb

that and getting all the servants bond levels to 30 took forever

i hope link isn’t as bad of a plat

Out of my list, definitely Street Fighter X Tekken. So many tedious grind trophies: fight 500 matches online, win 100 matches online, finish a round with Cross Assault, Pandora, Super Art, Cross Art 300 times each (1,200 in total), activate Cross Assault, Cross Art, Pandora, Super Art 500 times each, connect with special moves, EX special moves, launchers 500 times each, obtain 300 titles, use the same character over 300 times, clear 300 trials, beat every mission in mission mode, etc.

Just an extremely dull and tedious grind, never again.

Edited by Deep_Space_5D
  • Like 3

One that comes to mind for me right now is Disney Universe. I learned a valuable lesson from it though: do not buy and plan to platinum games just because the characters are adorable! But I was suckered in because there was a Lion King world and I could dress up as Simba. The gameplay was just so boring and had to replay levels several times for collectibles and such.

• Like 1