Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

17 minutes ago, RJP_X said:

god i forgot about that game, its been so long. i mean there's been a lot of games i slogged through to get the platinum, with games i enjoyed but other parts of the games i didn't but had to spend a lot of time doing, but man, that game had nothing memorable for me and was pretty painful playing. people on the gamefaqs vita boards praised it up and down. there has been a ton of games that got a lot of praise over there and i liked/loved a lot of them, but that game was painful for me. 

Sorry I brought the memories back. ?

And honestly I don't get why the game is praised either. Maybe the story is a bit more interesting when you know Ciel nosurge but as a standalone game it was pretty dull. Or maybe most just focused on that hot spring-related gameplay? xD

45 minutes ago, Elvick_ said:

And good Yevon, that “running” speed. The walking is bad enough, but the running is soooo slow. And you go even slower inside places. And the areas are soooo large, but there isn’t a point to exploring. You could say plot, but if you miss some them it’s even harder to piece it together. Again, a horrible way to deliver plot in a game which aims to only give a narrative. 

Yeah, I've had people ask me if I knew there was a "running" speed. My reply to that was, "You call THAT a run!?!?" xD More of a brisk jog if you want to call it that. Plus, you had to build your way up to the brisk jog and if you stopped, then you had to build up to it again which was horrible trying to do while looking at a guide to find all the collectibles which as you mentioned, were mostly just looking at a bunch of books, maps, etc. No real interaction that added to the story at all.

And for those reading this thread thinking it's just a thread now to bash on EGTTR, try it and see if you agree that it's the most boring platinum or not. It wouldn't be so bad if you only had to play through it once, but if you go for that (which is technically possible with a lot of backtracking), then you have to play the game really obscurely, and you'll still find no enjoyment cramming everything into a single playthrough. Therefore, there really isn't a great way for a trophy hunter to enjoy this game which is why I think a lot of people have agreed with me.

• Like 1

Like many have stated; Everybody's Gone To The Rapture was boring af. I didn't platinum it. In fact it was the game that made me stop playing games Just for trophies!

I'll still play an easy game here and there as long as it actually interests me, but up until that point my relationship with gaming and trophies was pretty shitty in general. At the time I only had Infamous Second Son that was incomplete on my profile but I always planned to go back and mop it up. Now I won't bother with either of them because I didn't particularly enjoy Infamous either. My trophy list was all quick games bar a couple up until EGTR. I was primarily an Xbox player back then and still play on there a fair bit, but, I only really trophy whored now and again on PlayStation to see if I'd get the bug for it like I did with achievements (Got over 100k, nothing crazy but still half decent).

Anyways, long story short; that game sucked ass and when I moved onto and then aquired the Platinum for God of War, the stark difference of quality between those two games snapped me out of being a total trophy whore and got me back into gaming. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, I need more BIOSHOCK said:

Oh Sir the insult simulator.

There are a fair few mind numbingly boring plats that come to mind but that horrible fuck awful game wins by a million miles!

Anyone that has had the pleasure of wasting all those hours on the 'Say no more trophy' will know.

Hated every minute of this game. I didn't even have as bad luck as some others have, but that Say no More trophy was ridiculous

• Like 1

Hakuouki games. I didn't know it was all just Japanese history, sword finding and blood splattering. I love otome games but prefer ones more in the line of romance (which Hakuouki didn't really give to what I expected) and an easier more interesting story. I had to read about the Shinsengumi, Tokugawa etc. to just follow the story. I don't know how this is so popular in the world of otome games. 

Steins Gate: I found the story boring but at least it was easy and quick. 

Just now, thefourfoldroot said:

If you're talking boring grind that's more like diablo 3. This didn't overstay it's welcome at all. But, you know, opinions.

Sorry, i don't know about Diablo 3, didn't play it so i can't compare. For the games that i plat., yep, stories was boring as hell IMO. I'm glad you enjoyed the game.

20 minutes ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Steins Gate: I found the story boring but at least it was easy and quick. 

Out of curiosity, how far did you get? Asking because I found the first half to be mediocre at best and cringe-inducing at worst, but I absolutely loved the second half. So I'm wondering if you gave up before you reached there (I did until I was informed of just how good it was, haha) or if it's just not your thing.

2 hours ago, Elvick_ said:

Oh man, I like the game but them making you max every. Single. Costume. Was evil. You never make progress on it either. You max one, but you get a costume from beating the world. You’ll always be behind. So you have to grind it out. Such a boring plat. Especially since every costume plays the same. If they at least had different abilities or something it wouldn’t have been sooo tedious. 

Totally. The only good thing about the costumes was that they were cute with a few exceptions (characters I really didn't care for). I had to get the plat though; It was an easy game and it wasn't as bad doing it in chunks.

2 hours ago, Rinku_Starth said:

I didn´t liked the game either, but I´d suggest you still go for it.

Once you finish the story, the cleaning up is rather easy. specially with all the upgrades. 

Don´t bother with difficulty and you´ll have a plat very soon

I have the platinum already, its just for the 100%. I'll be doing another playthrough at some point, when I forget about how much I hated it. xD

• Like 1

On 12-3-2019 at 7:39 PM, colia100 said:

Everbody's gone to the rapture.

If i wanted to walk around town at a normal pace and look at houses and trees, i would heave my fat ass out of my couch and do that in real life... :dunno:

Since that trauma, i check walking and running speeds on all new games i play, and if i can't haul ass, i'm outta there!

This. Thanks for giving me a good laugh, great analogy. I bear no ill will against these walking simulator-type games, even though I'm not a big fan of them. But the walking pace in Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was just abysmal. It felt like a chore to get that platinum trophy. The game's decent, by the way, but personally: I think it is nowhere near being great, let alone legendary. Still don't understand what Rob Pearson from PS Access sees in that game. First time around: it was enjoyable uncovering everything. Second time around, getting the remaining trophies: an absolute snoozefest.

I'm still trying to get loads of platinum trophies in my game collection, both old and new. I've done some pretty frustrating ones, and some that take ages to complete (the MGS4 one is a good example of the latter, I lost count of how many playthroughs I did to acquire all trophies).

But the one that certainly was the most boring for me, is my rarest platinum trophy to date: "Starhawk". Playing the story is okay, it's not a very memorable game. But the multiplayer trophies were just a tedious grind, it was mind-numbing to get them. You need to get 1000 kills in multiplayer, win 100 Team Deathmatch games, win 100 Capture The Flag games, win 100 Zones games, win 50 Prospector games, and so on.

When I got that platinum trophy, I turned off the game a second later and deleted it from my PS3. Never want to see that POS (piece of software) ever again.

Edit: went through the thread ... Damn, a LOT of people hated the trophies of Everybody's Gone to the Rapture. Much more than I expected. Maybe it's because I've suffered through way worse trophy lists that I didn't think of this one at first. Great thread, though, keep the posts coming!

Edited by Aponac1987
  • Like 3