Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories on PS3

Christ almighty three playthroughs on different difficulties, getting Sora and Riku to Level 99 (Riku was especially ugh) then grinding for the enemy cards. I used a guide to manipulate the card RNG but it was still tedious as all hell. It was already my least favourite in the series but that slog made me thoroughly hate it. At least the PS4 version stacked difficulty trophies.

• Like 2

I made the mistake of buying a cricket game (Ashes Cricket) to play with a friend's kids. Now I like cricket, but the grind required was extreme to plat it.

And now I've made the same mistake again this cricket season by getting another cricket game, that not only features almost 10 times the grind by statistics, but also buggy trophies. Big Bash Boom will likely occupy prize place in frustrating boring platinums, should I ever build up the self-loathing needed to actually finish it. 

2 hours ago, LucianaRosethorn said:

I have the platinum already, its just for the 100%. I'll be doing another playthrough at some point, when I forget about how much I hated it. xD

Please keep me posted. I threw away the 100% cause I couldn´t get myself to care about anything in the game, not even the story. 

If they did a better job on the DLC´s I might give it another try.

I normally don't mind the walking simulator genre, but I'll add another to Everybody's Gone to the Rapture's tally. 90% of it is due to the excruciatingly slow walking pace, but the Backtracker trophy also bugged for me and I had to walk through a significant portion of the game again. 

Stories: The Path of Destinies and Wheels of Aurelia both got stale after a few runs, but 25 and 16 different endings are just so many when the game barely changes playthrough to playthrough.

XBlaze Lost: Memories and Psycho-Pass: Mandatory Happiness were both just experiences in mashing the skip dialogue button. I'd say these two were the most boring overall because at least the others weren't abysmally awful.

• Like 3

Orc Slayer, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1, Saw, Saw 2, Albedo, Spongebob games, Disney Universe, Trivial Pursuit, Escape Dead Island, Last Rebellion.

These are just a select few of the mind numbing, tedious and incredibly rubbish games I have had to force myself to platinum. In fact its games like this that have made me re think what I play now.

On 3/12/2019 at 3:52 PM, Maverick6146 said:

LOL, don't think you are really into SLG then. I platted that game long time ago, grindy, sure, but not that intolerable to me.

I enjoy Strategy games, but the topic is Platinum's you forced yourself to get. I rechecked my time and it says I got the Disgaea 3 Platinum in 31 days. 180+ hours in 31 days. that's an average of about 6 hours a day. Besides going to work, playing Disgaea 3 was literally the only thing I did with my time for 31 days. I played nothing else, I did nothing else. I was burned out after 100 hours and done with video games when I finished. I've never played a game that hardcore since and I never will again. That might not be intolerable to you, but It certainly was for me

Edited by VanDeaM

Shadows of the Damned

3 separate playthroughs are not my definition of fun.

Also had to sit down and farm money with an exploit to be able to buy every item in one playthrough, because even on Easy I couldn't do that

Until Dawn (currently in progress) 

You know what I like about games like this, Telltale, Council? Because I can make my own choices I love that S#!t what I don't like having to follow a specific roadmap on which choices I have to make, there's no freedom there so idk my own 2 cents.

i don't have many plats but getting all the spirits in Dream Drop Distance was annoying, but I think the worst plat i grinded for was Fate Extella

Having to redo everything on very hard and get all the code casts felt like it was never going to end

Danganronpa V3, even though I liked the game the post game content was a bit much. There's a block puzzle minigame that really sucks and of course theres a trophy for S rank on it but the worst grind is having to go through the board game with every single Danganronpa character in all 3 games, it's kinda cool to see the characters interact with each other but it just felt like it took forever.

• Like 1

Sometimes I like some easy story driven games, like the telltale games for example. So when this game was on sale I picked it up as it seems to be a fun, short, story driven game. It was Knee Deep. Absolutely horrible game. Can’t recommend it to anyone. Still powered through it though.

• Like 1