Most boring platinum that you forced yourself to get

BANGURDEAD04

26 minutes ago, MAT_233pl said:

I know many people will disagree but for me the most boring was The Wolf Among Us

I'm currently playing TWAU and it's not grabbing me at all either. It's a close call for me between this and Minecraft for the worst Telltale game on the PS4.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, dokkanexpert said:

Psycho-Pass Mandatory Happiness

Ironic title then.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AndyKazama said:

Mafia III. Didn't use guides back then and had to play the game 2.5 times. Game was good, but not replayable, so that didn't help

I had to play it three times first time I played it  I decided to just give turf to Burk and Vito and killed one too many informants. I enjoyed the game but after the second play through I wanted to chew a bullet.

Knowledge is Power. Awww yeah, you're all jealous I've got that one.

The game CAN be funny and enjoyable when you actually play it as a party game with visiting friends or family (especially family that doesn't normally play video games). But playing through 30 games (mostly by myself with multiple phones and tablets, after our visitors had departed) just to get the platinum.... oy. I was glad when it was over.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but it was Mad Max for me, the game started to bore me sometime around the middle mark and wasn't enjoying it anymore but pushed through it all and was trying to be mindful of any glitches during my playthrough, but thankfully.. got the platinum okay..

On 12/03/2019 at 7:54 PM, shopo said:

Damn! Killzone was an amazing game from the ps2 era. I keep some great memories from my teen years playing it :( Maybe the trophies are bad I have no idea, I may replay it since it is available in ps now, but for me it is a classic shooter game from the past like Medal of Honor Frontline or Call of Duty 2

Maybe for the time it was, but for example its colour scheme is grey and brown which is what a lot of shooters a few years ago got criticised for. It was ahead of its time for sure, when that kind of thing was what people wanted, but the majority of players don't want that kind of shooter anymore. I feel it closer to the blandfest that is Medal of Honor 2010 than Medal of Honor: Frontline, which is a fantastic game and a real fun challenge to plat. I really liked the premise of Killzone, but other than that I really wish I had skipped it and jumped to the sequel before the servers closed.

Edited by I-SilentEcho-I

23 hours ago, Heartlesswaheart said:

Out of curiosity, how far did you get? Asking because I found the first half to be mediocre at best and cringe-inducing at worst, but I absolutely loved the second half. So I'm wondering if you gave up before you reached there (I did until I was informed of just how good it was, haha) or if it's just not your thing.

I finished the whole game, I got both Steins Gate and Steins gate zero free on PS Plus, so just boringly read through the story. I felt the game was more aimed at guys, and as a female gamer I felt awkward playing it with all the characters being kawaii busty girls except Okabe, his nerdy friend and maybe Mao. That was the main reason I couldn't enjoy it. The story was alright, a but to sci-fi for my liking but it was the characters that I didn't like which put a dampener on the story. 

• Like 4

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Good to play once, and that’s basically it. 

Very boring, slow moving walking simulator. Trophies are ludicrous (leave controller idle for one minute, moonwalk backwards, etc), gameplay is very dull, there’s no real appeal. 

It was crap, and it’s not a game I want to play again. 

Plus, I bought this game just before it went on PS Plus. Could have saved my money.

Star Wars Battlefront 2. Getting the Level 50 trophy.

After the grind of getting to L100 in  Battlefront 1 I said I wouldn't buy Battlefront 2. In a moment of weakness however, I did.

After getting all other trophies legit I was only at Level 23 out of 50. The game modes were fun for the first 10 hours but become very tiresome and repetitive after that. Game-play was very simplistic and lacked the depth of other Battlefront games. The progression system was completely broken with the only unlocks being tied to random loot boxes. Basically there was nothing to keep me playing except for the platinum trophy. Doing the remaining 27 levels legit would have taken over 100 hours of grinding out the Hero's vs Villains mode. Longer still if you account for time waiting in lobbies.

I was angry at EA for doing the bare minimum in relation to this game. Releasing a very simple, in my opinion average, multiplayer shooter knowing that it would sell as they have the Star Wars license. I was angry at myself for letting EA take my money...again.

After a 3 month break I said I would finish it. I managed to boost it during double XP weekends doing Hero's vs Villans over and over. It still took about 4 sessions of about 5 hours each to get it.

I just hope they don't release DLC that raises the level cap to 100 and have another trophy for that.

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World is mine. Love the Tales of series but this one was just boring. Still gotta get back to Zesteria as I'm eventually gunning to have all Tales of games with a plat, minus any foreign one I can't read. Gotta know the story and that's what makes these games great, along with the characters. And those skits, looking at you Xillia

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I finished the whole game, I got both Steins Gate and Steins gate zero free on PS Plus, so just boringly read through the story. I felt the game was more aimed at guys, and as a female gamer I felt awkward playing it with all the characters being kawaii busty girls except Okabe, his nerdy friend and maybe Mao. That was the main reason I couldn't enjoy it. The story was alright, a but to sci-fi for my liking but it was the characters that I didn't like which put a dampener on the story. 

That's what I always wonder about a few of my Russian friends: if they don't get tired of Russia being portrayed as the antagonistic nation, out to plunge the world into chaos. :D

Thank God we got the Metro games, they have the balls to not only entirely take place in Russia, but actually portray the Russian people as ... people. And they're amazing games to boot!

1 hour ago, Spaz said:

Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture

Good to play once, and that’s basically it. 

Very boring, slow moving walking simulator. Trophies are ludicrous (leave controller idle for one minute, moonwalk backwards, etc), gameplay is very dull, there’s no real appeal. 

It was crap, and it’s not a game I want to play again. 

Plus, I bought this game just before it went on PS Plus. Could have saved my money.

I was so happy I played that game and got the trophies for free, when it was free with PS Plus. I would not have wanted to pay for that game. Same thing with Gone Home: it's an interesting gameplay design, but €20 for such a short experience? Heck no. There are games out there which are cheaper, and have a lot more substance. Every time I see the Metro games or Alien Isolation on sale for something like €5, I always think it's a goddamn steal and people should pick those up if they haven't already.

33 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World is mine. Love the Tales of series but this one was just boring. Still gotta get back to Zesteria as I'm eventually gunning to have all Tales of games with a plat, minus any foreign one I can't read. Gotta know the story and that's what makes these games great, along with the characters. And those skits, looking at you Xillia

You think Dawn of the New World was worse than the original Symphonia? Wow, it must have been a hell of a slog to get through!

8 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

You think Dawn of the New World was worse than the original Symphonia? Wow, it must have been a hell of a slog to get through!

Yea, I'm kinda weird that way. Original Symphonia, while it had like 6 play throughs, (I ended up doing 7) I thought was way more fun. As I mentioned I like the stories and the skits and the original game had a bunch new skits and character background stories to go with it, so it didn't feel really repetitive. Plus each play through didn't take that long.  Always something new to see each time. DotNW didn't have over world map, both protagonists I found very annoying and hard to listen to, and lots of monster grinding to get them all, among other things that made that plat a chore. 

Probably Persona 5, but not like what you might think...

It's one of my favorite games, thing is, my 1st playthrough I did with no guides and missed "A Perfect Job" trophy along with bunch of others. That's normal, no big deal.

On my 2nd one I pretty much got all the rest if not most of them but I also managed to fuck up and miss one of the jobs Mishima gives through SMS.

So...

Yeah, I played Persona 5 for 3 times.

Probably took me over 200hrs.

Oh, and the sick part? I played 2nd and 3rd pretty much time back to back (credit roll to new game) cuz I was so pissed i missed that 1 job.

Pretty sure i'm done with Persona 5 for years to come ?

Edited by SnizelPS

On 13/03/2019 at 1:35 AM, Z1MZUM said:

Mafia 2, collecting the pinups paintings and posters. I liked the game but left this for about a year.

Oops, Chose the wrong System. Farcry Primal and Farcry 4.

That's what you get for leaving collectibles till last. Get a few in-between missions and you won't have that problem

Nier Automata. I couldn't get into the story, I found it boring and confusing in some parts. Most of the endings were also really silly and I think the game should have developed the characters a but more via side quests instead of random quests hunting for things. It was an easy platinum, it took me exactly 30 hours to complete the game and then I just bought the rest of the trophies in the in game trophy shop.

Another is Steins Gate and Steins Gate zero. Both were free on plus, but I found the story super boring and had to force my way through all the awkward kawaii girl scenes as a female player, which was an eyesore to say the least. As a VN, super easy plats in the bag though. 

• Like 1

Ps3- Final Fantasy XIII Treasure Hunter and maxing the Crystals was a major boring pain in the ass doing the same thing over and over,over,over for like 30 hours.

Ps4- Berserk and the Band of the Hawk over all it was a fantastic musou game....issue is like 90% of the roster is not fleshed out and over all not built to deal with the apostles let alone f'ing FEMTO!! in Endless Eclipse mode.

Across both PS3 and PS4- Heavy Rain. The game it's self was fun but having to do all the endings was a major pain because nothing is skippable so you legit have to play the game like 9 times most of which is from early or middle of the game to the end just for 1 ending or 2 out of 12.

Edited by EmoKitten4

On 3/16/2019 at 10:04 PM, RedDevil757 said:

That's what you get for leaving collectibles till last. Get a few in-between missions and you won't have that problem

That's exactly what I did, was still boring. Doesn't matter now as I'll just move on to the next game plat or not.