Possible way to make Dante Must Die S Ranks easier (more manageable)

rubhen925

Update: So BASEL-_-KSA just mentioned that the save scumming might work on Dante Must Die mode, so it can help make your DMD mode s ranks easier.

Original post:

So this is just a theory which i will confirm when i get back home. In class now. We were learning about programming checkpoints in class and this idea struck me in the head.

Now I know many people have problems when i mention save scumming but an idea is still an idea. I was watching my friend stream and everytime he got him by urizen when facing him as Nero in chapter 8, he would dashboard and restart the game. After booting back he would load his checkpoint that was right before the boss. After doing this a couple times he finished the boss and still managed to get a no damage bonus. This got me thinking. If people were really paranoid about this mode.

They can just back up their save after each fight with no damage and continue the game. This way if you get hit you can reload save to mitigate it. You can also practice the bosses at end of levels without having to restart the whole frigging chapter. Now i haven't personally tested this, but if it works like i am thinking it to be, you can get the no damage multiplier to easily get the S ranks in Hell and hell. IT would still be a challenge but now you can do each fight checkpoint by checkpoint.

Loading will be a total nightmare though.

I hope this works, and I will test it tonight.

Will update later tonight.

Cheers

Edited by rubhen925
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

So this is just a theory which i will confirm when i get back home. In class now. We were learning about programming checkpoints in class and this idea struck me in the head.

Now I know many people have problems when i mention save scumming but an idea is still an idea. I was watching my friend stream and everytime he got him by urizen when facing him as Nero in chapter 8, he would dashboard and restart the game. After booting back he would load his checkpoint that was right before the boss. After doing this a couple times he finished the boss and still managed to get a no damage bonus. This got me thinking. If people were really paranoid about this mode.

They can just back up their save after each fight with no damage and continue the game. This way if you get hit you can reload save to mitigate it. You can also practice the bosses at end of levels without having to restart the whole frigging chapter. Now i haven't personally tested this, but if it works like i am thinking it to be, you can get the no damage multiplier to easily get the S ranks in Hell and hell. IT would still be a challenge but now you can do each fight checkpoint by checkpoint.

Loading will be a total nightmare though.

I hope this works, and I will test it tonight.

Will update later tonight.

Cheers

lol mate hope works 

Just now, Foremanskin said:

I`m pretty sure this doesn`t work since there are no checkpoints in Hell and Hell.

Well as i said it needed checking haha. I will try tonight. if it doesnt work, i will delete the thread. I haven't touched hell and hell yet so yea

4 minutes ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

I just tried it, I can confirm it works on all modes except Hell And Hell, didn't unlock it yet but there's no check point in it so it doesn't work.

Thanks for checking. I wish i was home to confirm it myself! Still works on DMD so can loosen the stress a bit haha. Make it one fight at a time. haha. Glad i thought this up today. Who knew going to class actually gives you game ideas!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rubhen925 said:

Thanks for checking. I wish i was home to confirm it myself! Still works on DMD so can loosen the stress a bit haha. Make it one fight at a time. haha. Glad i thought this up today. Who knew going to class actually gives you game ideas!

you dont even need to back up your save, just close the game and open it then chose continue, if you are playing on DMD, close the game before you die unless you are confident in actually finishing the fight.

now the plat is more easier although I don't like this method, but I will gladly use it.

Edited by BASEL-_-KSA
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

you dont even need to back up your save, just close the game and open it then chose continue, if you are playing on DMD, close the game before you die unless you are confident in actually finishing the fight.

now the plat is more easier although I don't like this method, but I will gladly use it.

Thanks for the check Basel, I'm use this tips for bring a S rank on DMD difficulty

1 minute ago, OnlyHardPlatinum said:

Thanks for the check Basel, I'm use this tips for bring a S rank on DMD difficulty

no problem, although you need to be careful because you need to reach a check point first, so for example in mission 12 has no check point for like half of the mission if I'm not wrong.

2 minutes ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

no problem, although you need to be careful because you need to reach a check point first, so for example in mission 12 has no check point for like half of the mission if I'm not wrong.

In any case it is an extra help XD, both in Hell and hell, the difficulty is the same as Son of Sparda yay

11 hours ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

This method will be helpful but still we have H&H to deal with after that we can say things will be easier hopefully there are ways

Edited by dark69knight
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dark69knight said:

This method will be helpful but still we have H&H to deal with after that we can say things will be easier hopefully there are ways

So, this is really like using scissors instead of tweezers to mow a lawn. ?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, KainDMD said:

Anybody got a good way to counter snd punish Fury in a reliable way as Nero? I know that with Dante you can use cerberus revolver or ice age to always parry them but what about Nero?

Ragtime makes it a piece of cake.