Gearbox Hints At New Game (Borderlands 3?)

i-kicked-a-brit

It would be funny if this was just teasing that Borderlands 1 remaster we already know is coming. :P 

But yeah, I would be shocked if this announcement wasn't for Borderlands 3. I hope the Borderlands 1 remaster isn't some kind of pre-order or season pass incentive for Borderlands 3. I want to purchase it separately. Would be nice if it was made available on the day of the announcement too.

I'm a huge Borderlands fan with thousands of hours into the series (literally) but I am super worried about Borderlands 3. I have 0 faith in Gearbox anymore. After the way they screwed up the Pre Sequel, and multiple other projects along the way, it's hard to get excited for 3.

BTW this might not even be Borderlands 3 or Borderlands related. They're also developing a game that's a Shooter / Card Game hybrid... Yes, you read that right... A shooter card game. So it could be that too.

Honestly? I don't want it at all. Gearbox has failed time and time again with Duke Nukem and Aliens as well as Battleborn. Their only successful IP is Borderlands but remember this was pre-lootbox and micro feeding Take-Two. People got annoyed with how much the cosmetics are for sale in BL2/TPS but now Take Two has published and pushed micros to insane levels. Look at Evolve which pretty much died due to over 160$ in day one DLC and GTAO pretty much running on shark cards and lets not forget that RDO is still a mess yet the only content they released is high costing items with gold bar costs that push micros and nerfed all in game payouts to the point where it's not worth playing.

Now if you are excited for Borderlands 3 i'm not here to tell you not to buy it cuz if you want it it's your money :P I just don't want to support Take Two anymore and Randy Pitchford anymore.

Edited by EmoKitten4

Just now, KANERKB said:

You may say that but you never know. As at the end of the day people kept on going on about how bloodborne 2 was going to come out when they saw bits of shadows die and yeah.

We know Borderlands 3 has been and currently is in development, we don’t know anything about Bloodborne 2, if it even exists.

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

We know Borderlands 3 has been and currently is in development, we don’t know anything about Bloodborne 2, if it even exists.

I know but this could be a different game, sure I can be wrong but I rather see it be said that this game coming is borderlands 3.

Borderlands 3 has already indirectly been announced. Back in 2017 at the GDC, Pitchford showcased the Unreal engine tech that will go into powering the next Borderlands game and showcased it on what looks like Pandora. He basically covered stuff like shadows, effects and shading etc but it's inevitable that we'll get a Borderlands 3.

The Know also reported on some information that got leaked to them from what they deem as a very credible source:

It sounds like they are ready to announce something based on all that - My prediction is - Borderlands 3 will get announced officially off the back of that Tweet - and we'll also see a collection of some kind.

I'm also thinking, with some of the buzz around a Borderlands remaster - we might see that as part of a pre-order bundle e.g pre-order B3, get the remaster for free.

5 hours ago, EmoKitten4 said:

Gearbox has failed time and time again with Duke Nukem and Aliens as well as Battleborn. Their only successful IP is Borderlands but remember this was pre-lootbox and micro feeding Take-Two. 

I'm not a fan of Pitchford, but alot of the shitshow around Aliens:Colonial Marines was because of the fact that they were putting more dev time and attention on the Borderlands game they were working on at the time. Battleborn is arguably a good game, it was just released at a really bad time in terms of releases and got steamrolled.

I think that regardless of sentiment towards him and Gearbox, - Borderlands is their main baby and they will undoubtedly be putting the majority of their resources into that. I'm really optimistic about this.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/12/2019 at 4:02 PM, i-kicked-a-brit said:

Posted on Twitter about 2-3 hours ago. Not much else, but this is quite tempting!

EDIT (3/27/19): The website www.borderlands.com has a new teaser trailer, and a live announcement coming on March 28th, 2 PM EDT.

New info! Go to www.borderlands.com and tune in for an announcement tomorrow!