Obtaining The Platinum On Modern Warfare Remastered

Hello Everyone. I've recently started going for the plat on MWR, and I was wondering what people's opinions are on the best way to get a large amount of the trophies. I'll give my idea a little bit of context first. So I started the first mission "F.N.G" of course and I instantly went for the Best of the best trophy.

Once I had achieved this, I started the campaign on veteran, and thought that I should complete it on veteran first to get it out of the way. Yet, here I am, only reaching as far as Charlie don't surf, and I'm already regretting that decision as I can't get past the bloody broadcast room.

Where is this heading you may think, well, my new idea was to restart the game on recruit, and complete all the trophies for the campaign that aren't the ones for completing the game on veteran, and goinjg for the other trophies like weapons master and master ninja etc. I made this post to see what other people's approaches to the Platinum are or have been, and whether I should stick to veteran or restart my campaign.

ImVlux_ :)

• Like 1

Stick to Veteran in my view, started this yesterday and some areas are tricky but I found flanking and trying to get behind worked well. Sometimes a flash grenade and rushing past to trigger checkpoint also helped. There is an excellent trophy guide on this site that also covers some glitches you can exploit where you only have to play the final section on Veteran for each mission. I'm doing it the hard way and also had a few frustrating moments but practice / trial n error gets me eventually through it...

• Like 2

My advice is to make regular use of your flash-bang and smoke grenades. Conserve your ammo with headshots if you can manage it. Using a 3-round burst weapon will help a lot with accuracy and getting through enemies faster. Ideally you need to clear as many enemies as possible and then proceed because just killing some and running through will likely get you killed as the games A.I is pretty unforgiving in this instalment.

The hardest part in this game i would say is the level 'One Shot, One Kill' when you get to the helicopter area and your partner is injured and you have to fend off wave after wave of enemies. 

Edited by DarkSoleride

I'd say to stick to veteran

For rooms like on charlie dont surf, be aggresive, there's infinite spawns on mwr, and a bunch of grenade spammers

My suggestion would be to search for veteran walkthroughs for every mission, usually u'll see where they kinda press on to negate alot of these infinite spawns

I wouldnt try for the misc trophies yet, maybe intel, but also dont prioritize them (especially in One Shot, One Kill, ignore the last one on ur veteran run)

Good luck with these missions, some of them are extremely hard (Hunted for example) & One shot one kill will definitely, definitely get ya crazy

@DarkSoleride i think u meant 'One Shot, One Kill'

Ghillies in the mist was pretty doable

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, zer007uk said:

I'm stuck on that chopper part on one shot one kill. I rage quitted and I've stopped paying it for a few days. Can anyone please give me some advice on how to beat it? Thanks

What chopper part? The one where four choppers come in and drop more people?

To OP, stick with Veteran, it will likely save you time in the end. While the checkpoint glitch will work, it won't help you with arguably the most difficult level of the game, One Shot One Kill.

Veteran is tough, but very seldom did I find it cheap. Take it slow, as there are infinite spawns, but rushing in will rarely benefit. Most sections of the game are capable by a slow and steady advance using your teammates to cover you. It is important that you move up continually. There are often also multiple paths you could take, so don't be afraid to switch it up. The harder levels are ones where you must defend against waves of enemies, or storm forward with a time limit. One Shot, One Kill, and Hunted were the two hardest levels for me, and they match up back to back. Heat is also very difficult. If you're having difficulty, look up a video guide to see how someone else has done it. I found look at other methods and then trying them out would sometimes get me a successful run. 

Thank you to everyone who replied. I see the main viewpoint of everyone is to stick to veteran for now. I appreciate all the help with being aggressive and use flashbangs etc, I will make sure to take this into account moving forward. I should have made it clear to everyone, I was aware of the glitch of recruit to veteran, however I my opinion I'm just trying to experience the feel of veteran and I think overall it will be a bigger achievement. I must say though, Charlie Don't surf is pretty frustrating, so I may use the glitch just for this mission. 

Thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciate it. I'm glad there are people like all of you that are willing to help a brother out.

Now let's get this platinum boys :D

Edited by ImVlux_
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ImVlux_ said:

Thank you to everyone who replied. I see the main viewpoint of everyone is to stick to veteran for now. I appreciate all the help with being aggressive and use flashbangs etc, I will make sure to take this into account moving forward. I should have made it clear to everyone, I was aware of the glitch of recruit to veteran, however I my opinion I'm just trying to experience the feel of veteran and I think overall it will be a bigger achievement. I must say though, Charlie Don't surf is pretty frustrating, so I may use the glitch just for this mission. 

Thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciate it. Let's get this platinum boys :D

Good luck! You are definitely going to find One Shot One Kill very difficult. It was very frustrating for me. I'd recommend looking up some strategies for that level. Since the last checkpoint glitch won't save you there, you will have to overcome it. I recommend bunkering in the leftmost ticket both when looking from the Ferris Wheel to where the enemies spawn. You can go prone and hide for the whole wave. Grenades are tossed left and right at you, and 95% of the time they will not harm you. I found it most effective to fight from 

that ticket booth, poping up to snipe and then ducking down to reload. Rinse and repeat until the chopper gets there to take you out, and then just praying that you can get MacMillan to the chopper without dying, as you will be unable to defend yourself.

Again, good luck!

2 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

Good luck! You are definitely going to find One Shot One Kill very difficult. It was very frustrating for me. I'd recommend looking up some strategies for that level. Since the last checkpoint glitch won't save you there, you will have to overcome it. I recommend bunkering in the leftmost ticket both when looking from the Ferris Wheel to where the enemies spawn. You can go prone and hide for the whole wave. Grenades are tossed left and right at you, and 95% of the time they will not harm you. I found it most effective to fight from 

that ticket booth, poping up to snipe and then ducking down to reload. Rinse and repeat until the chopper gets there to take you out, and then just praying that you can get MacMillan to the chopper without dying, as you will be unable to defend yourself.

Again, good luck!

You're totally right. 'One Shot One Kill' Is 100% going to be the hardest mission I feel, my friend over on xbox is stuck on that mission, so I feel it's going to be a struggle for me too. I'll definitely use the spot you recommended though, as that sounds like a safe bet in my opinion. I'm worried more about the entire mission though, because from the veteran gameplay I've seen there are just infinite waves of enemies that spawn, so it might be a real struggle.

I'm ready for the challenge though, and this platinum will look good on my trophy list. 

2 minutes ago, ImVlux_ said:

You're totally right. 'One Shot One Kill' Is 100% going to be the hardest mission I feel, my friend over on xbox is stuck on that mission, so I feel it's going to be a struggle for me too. I'll definitely use the spot you recommended though, as that sounds like a safe bet in my opinion. I'm worried more about the entire mission though, because from the veteran gameplay I've seen there are just infinite waves of enemies that spawn, so it might be a real struggle.

I'm ready for the challenge though, and this platinum will look good on my trophy list. 

I can only speak for myself but it wasn't very difficult at all aside from that last checkpoint. I think I died a few times at the first section where they throw a fair amount of enemies at you, and then a few times when MacMillan first gets injured, but the first wave at the Ferris Wheel I didn't have any difficult at. You can do it friend!

4 hours ago, TheYuriG said:

You can just use the difficulty glitch and not put up with that altogether.

Wow. That is really cheap.

I got all the trophies legitimately, would not want it any other way. Took me a few hours of frustrating trial & error to complete Mile High Club on Veteran difficulty, but at least I got it without cheating. Learn how to persevere, I say.

Edited by BlindMango
Took out name-calling (to prevent derailing the thread)
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

I can only speak for myself but it wasn't very difficult at all aside from that last checkpoint. I think I died a few times at the first section where they throw a fair amount of enemies at you, and then a few times when MacMillan first gets injured, but the first wave at the Ferris Wheel I didn't have any difficult at. You can do it friend!

Thanks man, I definitely feel much better now about trying to get the plat than before the day started. I'm so close to platinuming a few games at the moment but Modern Warfare Remastered is the one I'm trying to focus on the most right now, so I really appreciate everyone's help. :)

ImVlux_.png

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

Wow. That is really cheap.

I got all the trophies legitimately, would not want it any other way. Took me a few hours of frustrating trial & error to complete Mile High Club on Veteran difficulty, but at least I got it without cheating. Learn how to persevere, I say.

Bro, I totally agree with you on this one. This is the first Cod that I'm trying to plat, and playing through the entire campaign is what will make this worth while. I know the glitch is there, and I can see why you'd use it, but for me who'd like a challenge, playing on veteran is a big one. I feel like I can persevere through it though, as I completed GTA 5 to 100% completion and almost have it platinum too.

44 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're a troll, because otherwise this is just too funny.

He may be trolling, but I can see both sides' opinions on the subject, and it still is pretty funny ?

Edited by BlindMango
Adjusted quote

3 minutes ago, ImVlux_ said:

Bro, I totally agree with you on this one. This is the first Cod that I'm trying to plat, and playing through the entire campaign is what will make this worth while. I know the glitch is there, and I can see why you'd use it, but for me who'd like a challenge, playing on veteran is a big one. I feel like I can persevere through it though, as I completed GTA 5 to 100% completion and almost have it platinum too.

He may be trolling, but I can see both sides' opinions on the subject, and it still is pretty funny 1f602.png

Yeah I get it, but insulting other players for doing something that is generally accepted by the community, and then also calling them retarded noobs is just not appropriate. 

I find it more comical because on his PSN Profile he has "Be respectful" listed...

33 minutes ago, ImVlux_ said:

Thank you everyone for your help, I really appreciate it. I'm glad there are people like all of you that are willing to help a brother out.

Now let's get this platinum boys :D

This game is really all about checkpoints, which takes most of the difficulty away by allowing you to chunk along without having to go back to zero. I don't think I'm all that great and while this game has it's challenges, there's really nothing insurmountable that you have to have some sort of high skill set to draw from as a gamer. It's all about cover and move while figuring out the best approach. I won't judge the people that want to glitch the game out -- I just don't personally see what the point of playing games is if all you're trying to do is get through it rather than experience the challenges the game throws at you when nothing is unfair or game breaking in any way. 

This is also one of those games, where outside of the intel collectibles and getting a list of weapons, there's not much need to follow any kind of a guide. 

2 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

Yeah I get it, but insulting other players for doing something that is generally accepted by the community, and then also calling them retarded noobs is just not appropriate. 

I find it more comical because on his PSN Profile he has "Be respectful" listed...

Yeah true, I get it is a respected method by the community, and no way does it say that he has "be respectful" haha.

14 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and assume you're a troll, because otherwise this is just too funny.

No trolling involved. If you condone this kind of cheating, good on you. You do you. But I'll stick to my principles, handling the proper difficulty setting and earning the platinum trophy legitimately.

14 minutes ago, ImVlux_ said:

I get how this can seem tempting when you have a huge backlog and you just want to rush through this game. Trust me, my backlog is huge: I've got dozens of games that still need to be finished. But I feel you should attempt this in a legitimate fashion, because I think it's weak when someone completes it by using an exploit. Equally so, if you put in the effort and earn the platinum trophy legitimately, you earn my respect, because "Mile High Club" is no laughing matter on Veteran difficulty.

9 minutes ago, ferginator88 said:

"Be respectful" towards people who deserve it? Sure.

Cheaters however: GTFO. I think it's retarded and noobish to resort to cheats to obtain trophies (unless you did everything legit but failed to get the trophies because of a glitch, for example). I stand by what I said, don't worry. Again, if you condone this kind of stuff, that's your call. I think it's a sign of weakness, though.

Edited by Aponac1987

3 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

No trolling involved. If you condone this kind of cheating, good on you. You do you. But I'll stick to my principles, handling the proper difficulty setting and earning the platinum legitimately.

I get how this can seem tempting when you have a huge backlog and you just want to rush through this game. Trust me, my backlog is huge: I've got dozens of games that still need to be finished. But I feel you should attempt this in a legitimate fashion, because I think it's weak when someone completes it by using an exploit. Equally so, if you put in the effort and earn the platinum trophy legitimately, you earn my respect, because "Mile High Club" is no laughing matter on Veteran difficulty.

My main goal at the moment is trying to get the most out of the games I play, and earning the trophies as legitimately as possible, I won't go as far to "cheat" per say, but I will "boost" some trophies with the help of my friends. Playing games to the deepest level has really shown me how much effort developers put into their games, and it's a great experience. So I will 100% go for this trophy legitimately, but I'm not saying that doing the glitch is outright wrong, as in my opinion if it's in the game and they haven't fixed it, there's not much you can do from stopping people if it helps them complete things faster, and unfortunately not everyone is blessed with having a long period of time to play the games I'm sure they'd love to sink hours into.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ImVlux_ said:

My main goal at the moment is trying to get the most out of the games I play, and earning the trophies as legitimately as possible, I won't go as far to "cheat" per say, but I will "boost" some trophies with the help of my friends. Playing games to the deepest level has really shown me how much effort developers put into their games, and it's a great experience. So I will 100% go for this trophy legitimately, but I'm not saying that doing the glitch is outright wrong, as in my opinion if it's in the game and they haven't fixed it, there's not much you can do from stopping people if it helps them complete things faster, and unfortunately not everyone is blessed with having a long period of time to play the games I'm sure they'd love to sink hours into.

Boosting is an entirely different thing. This is a technical exploit that allows you to bypass the entire difficulty challenge altogether, because you don't want to put the effort in.

For the record, I don't hold a personal grudge or anything against people who cheated to finish the game. If that is how they enjoy getting the most out of their games, that's their business. But I stand by the fact that it is incredibly ridiculous to resort to this ... this shit.

People who finished Wolfenstein II on "Mein Leben" difficulty for instance, deserve my full respect. I don't know if I'd be able to get that done, because that seems incredibly difficult.

Edited by Aponac1987

22 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

Boosting is an entirely different thing. This is a technical exploit that allows you to bypass the entire difficulty challenge altogether, because you don't want to put the effort in.

For the record, I don't hold a personal grudge or anything against people who cheated to finish the game. If that is how they enjoy getting the most out of their games, that's their business. But I stand by the fact that it is incredibly ridiculous to resort to this ... this shit.

People who finished Wolfenstein II on "Mein Leben" difficulty for instance, deserve my full respect. I don't know if I'd be able to get that done, because that seems incredibly difficult.

Don't see how boosting is any different to you. But whatever. They're all the same. Earning trophies in unintended ways.

• Like 1