Obtaining The Platinum On Modern Warfare Remastered

1 hour ago, Aponac1987 said:

I got all the trophies legitimately, would not want it any other way. Took me a few hours of frustrating trial & error to complete Mile High Club on Veteran difficulty, but at least I got it without cheating. Learn how to persevere, I say.

It took me ~2 hours, but other than that I agree entirely.

I believe it all comes down to the magical question: What's trophy hunting for you?

Is it the trophy numbers (going mostly for easy/casual games in order to boost your trophy count)?

Does glitching or not matters to you? Would it be more satisfying to get trophies legitimately? Would you like to achieve things very few people did? How strong is your willpower?

For the record, I don't hold a personal grudge or anything against people who cheated to finish the game. If that is how they enjoy getting the most out of their games, that's their business

I don't hold a personal grudge or anything either. We're just debating here.

"Be respectful" towards people who deserve it? Sure.

I disagree here. Be respectful towards everyone, I'd say.

As for the OP, I'd advise you to stick to the Veteran difficulty and keep trying. Should you have questions about certain parts, don't hesitate to ask. We'll find a solution. Together.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sunashigure1 said:

I disagree here. Be respectful towards everyone, I'd say.

My wording may have been chosen poorly, but it reflects my attitude opposed to similar cheats and glitches clearly. And as for respect: that depends on the context. If someone were to attack you, would you still grant them the same level of respect you initially did?

I give strangers the benefit of the doubt and show them a fundamental level of respect, but once someone resorts to these technical cheats and glitches and claims they're as good as the rest, that respect dwindles. Quickly.

The discussion about respect - its definition and context - is one which I should not be addressing here. But I would applaud Activision for one, if they would actually close this loophole, and block people out of achieving this so cheaply. That goes for all other games as well, honestly.

Edit: As for OP, it will be no surprise if I advise you to go for it the legitimate way. Even if it takes months for you to acquire all the trophies, you'll at least get everything properly and in the meantime, you'll be honing your skills, improving your playstyle. To me, that's win-win. You'll get a lot more satisfaction out of it this way. My opinion may not be the popular one (because hey, why put in the effort when you can achieve the same result without?), but it is one I firmly stand by nonetheless.

Edited by Aponac1987

And as for respect: that depends on the context. If someone were to attack you, would you still grant them the same level of respect you initially did?

Of course not. I meant the positive attitute in general. If I were attacked by someone, I'd "adjust accordingly". I prefer to solve things with diplomacy, but I don't have that particular luxury all the time. It depends on the situation.

But I would applaud Activision for one, if they would actually close this loophole, and block people out of achieving this so cheaply. That goes for all other games as well, honestly.

So would I, but it seems unreal.

Even if it takes months for you to acquire all the trophies, you'll at least get everything properly and in the meantime, you'll be honing your skills, improving your playstyle

Exactly. I remember my Ninja Gaiden experience and months of blood, sweat and tears. The amount of time, dedication and perseverance I put in order to complete every mission on Ultimate Ninja difficulty was unthinkable. That being said, when I finally did it, I felt I could achieve everything. That sole feeling made it all worth it.

That's why I encourage people to never give up and keep on going. You can do it OP, fingers crossed ^^

• Like 1

honing your skills, improving your playstyle

That, is extremely true

The skills u gain in one game still helps quite alot in another, be it just reaction speed or a different way of thinking/changing strategy faster

Thats why i'd say to go 'the hard way'

Ultimately u just polish up yourself

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sunashigure1 said:

Of course not. I meant the positive attitute in general. If I were attacked by someone, I'd "adjust accordingly". I prefer to solve things with diplomacy, but I don't have that particular luxury all the time. It depends on the situation.

Exactly. I remember my Ninja Gaiden experience and months of blood, sweat and tears. The amount of time, dedication and perseverance I put in order to complete every mission on Ultimate Ninja difficulty was unthinkable. That being said, when I finally did it, I felt I could achieve everything. That sole feeling made it all worth it.

Stimulating positivity is something I can only agree with. Same thing with giving diplomacy full priority, as the initial approach.

That's why I also think you should instantly demotivate using technical glitches (or cheats). Don't stoop so low, strive to be better, face the challenge and emerge victorious! The feeling afterwards is very fulfilling.

And lots of respect to you for getting Ninja Gaiden finished on Ultimate Ninja difficulty. That must have been sheer torture! :)

20 minutes ago, DJ_AdruA said:

That, is extremely true

The skills u gain in one game still helps quite alot in another, be it just reaction speed or a different way of thinking/changing strategy faster

Exactly! I started at the bottom (i.e. inexperienced) as well, many years ago. When I got into more serious games and I attempted higher difficulties, I struggled. But you learn, adapt, and apply those experiences to other games, improving and sharpening your skills even more. Eventually, you'll even start to develop an eye for a game's design, and you quickly see how you can use a game's mechanics optimally to gain the upper hand during difficult sections.

• Like 1

Just a quick update for everyone, I recently just completed Charlie Don't Surf on veteran. I know that is only the 3rd mission, but it was causing me a lot of trouble. Thank you to everyone who is still replying to my original comment, I didn't think I'd get this much help, and I'm struggling to read and keep in mind everyone's advice. I'm also sorry that there seems to have been a little argument between our opinions but I'm sure we can come to an understanding.

Overall, as trophy hunters we all share the same goal, but like everything else in life there's always multiple paths to achieving our goals.

I'm here if anyone wants to party up on any game at all too ;)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

That's why I also think you should instantly demotivate using technical glitches (or cheats). Don't stoop so low, strive to be better, face the challenge and emerge victorious! The feeling afterwards is very fulfilling.

And lots of respect to you for getting Ninja Gaiden finished on Ultimate Ninja difficulty. That must have been sheer torture! :)

Yes and yes. Impossible is nothing :)

Thanks. 100% trophies (DLC especially) in Ninja Gaiden 3 was the hardest thing I have ever done on a console. By the way, your Aliens vs Predator Platinum trophy is very impressive. Hard to forget the Marine run, huh ^0^

50 minutes ago, DJ_AdruA said:

That, is extremely true

Precisely!

12 minutes ago, ImVlux_ said:

Just a quick update for everyone, I recently just completed Charlie Don't Surf on veteran. I know that is only the 3rd mission, but it was causing me a lot of trouble. Thank you to everyone who is still replying to my original comment, I didn't think I'd get this much help, and I'm struggling to read and keep in mind everyone's advice. I'm also sorry that there seems to have been a little argument between our opinions but I'm sure we can come to an understanding.

Overall, as trophy hunters we all share the same goal, but like everything else in life there's always multiple paths to achieving our goals.

I'm here if anyone wants to party up on any game at all too ;)

Glad you're making progress. Sure, that's what forums are for :)

• Like 1

Im stuck on the last checkpoint of one shot one kill :(

I use the exploit by going to the booth in the right and hiding until the chopper arrives BUT i die instantly when i step out to carry my friend. 

Any other ways to do it? I have this game for months and this mission screws me .

Edited by shlomaniac

6 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

I use the exploit by going to the booth in the right and hiding until the chopper arrives BUT i die instantly when i step out to carry my friend. 

Any other ways to do it? I have this game for months and this mission screws me .

I know this sounds silly but wiggle your right analog stick back at forth while carrying him. For some reason when you do they shoot you less

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, shlomaniac said:

Everybody dies there several times 10,20,30 because it's more luck than skill dependant. Do what @StiffTripple_X said the wiggle analog thing xD

Everything is in this video.

Edited by UltraRareBoy

On 3/16/2019 at 8:17 PM, shlomaniac said:

i didn't find One Shot One Kill that difficult, but the mission after that was harder, imho. i can't remember the name of it now, it's been such a long time sinse i played that game, but the one after, and the one where you face down three tanks - those two missions caused me a lot of raging.

Here's my vid of Veteran runthrough on One Shot:

A few times i come close to getting downed, but that was just me being a bit too cocky with it. Sticking to the trees in that last area is the easiest way to get through that mission that i found - both on the original and remastered version.

Edited by yoda_squad

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2019 at 4:17 PM, shlomaniac said:

I think the most important thing is to wait about 10 seconds after the helicopter lands before you exit the booth. That gives the arriving troops time to thin out the enemies. I had the same problem before I tried that strategy - I'd get slaughtered as soon as I stepped out of the booth. Also, place your C4 around the booth and detonate it just before exiting.

Funny side story, I actually had a dog run into the booth at the height of the grenade explosions. Jump scared the crap outta me because I certainly wasn't expecting that.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

I shamed myself by hiding in the booth next to the Ferris wheel.

I found if I don’t lay down but actually standing up, you’ll get grenades thrown at you. I panicked and tossed them back out the booth door, then abused the lock on and fire blindly out the window and the bloody helicopter arrived.

I can’t believe my luck and grabbed the injured captain and made my way. I got blocked by the fucking friendly soldiers, and with luck I went around and popped myself in the helicopter withou getting shot at.

Phew. That was the most toughest veteran mission I’ve done, and I even got the achievement on the original 360 version but I wasn’t as stressed. Oh to be young again.

And I can’t beat 15.1 seconds on FNG. I am always 3 seconds too slow. Bah.

Edited by KHDelBoy
  • Like 1