Aiming issues

Scorpiio93

While aiming I can just tap L2 and it will stick. And it also keeps the little control menu for the person in your roster on screen too, so it slows me down while moving or in a fight. 

Sometimes it won't aim at all, even when holding the button down. It's like this on both controllers and it's affecting my game a lot to the point where it's making me get frustrated and I don't want to play it. I'm not looking to forward to the boss fight because of this. 

I haven't seen anyone else with this experience, so I'm not sure of this is how it's supposed to be or not :/ Could someone let me know please? 

EDIT: Sorted :)

Edited by Beeinhollywood

On 15/03/2019 at 3:23 PM, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Have you tried toggling your Settings in the menu for button toggling?

Yes, there was no difference unfortunately :/

EDIT: I checked a couple of playthroughs out on youtube, just to make sure I wasn't going crazy and I'm not. There really is an issue, lol. 

I've submitted a ticket with Ubisoft.

Edited by Beeinhollywood

Which videos did you watch? From my understanding, the issue is that regardless of your setting, holding or pressing L2 to aim locks it into place without returning to hip fire, extremely slowed movement in and out of aiming, Guns For Hire HUD issue, and lack of response when trying to aim. Is that right?

If so, I haven’t experienced anything like that, and neither has my friend whom I’ve been playing co-op with for both Far Cry 5 and this game. The most I’ve encountered is certain building edge lines having larger hitboxes than the line itself. Like I was trying to snipe from the church in Falls End (The Chip Shop outpost), and sometimes it wouldn’t let me shoot despite having a clear visual on the enemy. Moving off to the side a few inches helped remedy that tho.

16 minutes ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Which videos did you watch? From my understanding, the issue is that regardless of your setting, holding or pressing L2 to aim locks it into place without returning to hip fire, extremely slowed movement in and out of aiming, Guns For Hire HUD issue, and lack of response when trying to aim. Is that right?

If so, I haven’t experienced anything like that, and neither has my friend whom I’ve been playing co-op with for both Far Cry 5 and this game. The most I’ve encountered is certain building edge lines having larger hitboxes than the line itself. Like I was trying to snipe from the church in Falls End (The Chip Shop outpost), and sometimes it wouldn’t let me shoot despite having a clear visual on the enemy. Moving off to the side a few inches helped remedy that tho.

Yes, that's right. 

I just watched a few different people playthrough the game. It has been a couple of months since I played FC5, but I haven't had this problem when playing that game.