Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KitsuneChaos

"Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies "

99 posts in this topic

>.>

No words can describe what im feeling.... Microsoft the damage is already done at the reveal...

i'm calling bullshit on this one

This.  Plus...they keep doing this wishy-washy shit.  

It's because they know the console will sell more, not because that's what us gamers want.

This doesn't surprise me,but it's too little too late.

I don't see how. The E³ audience and those watching the streams don't make up for the mass consumer base.

Even after the "Red Ring" scare, the Xbox 360 still sold more and more consoles; not due to failure, but just overall interest.

In the end, sure, the move is to keep general interest in the item, and sure, it's for money -- but if these companies were in it for the people and not the financial institute, then they wouldn't be pushing entertainment technology; they'd be better off working with people or the environment.

And the confirmation (edited into the OP): http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

I don't see how. The E³ audience and those watching the streams don't make up for the mass consumer base.

Even after the "Red Ring" scare, the Xbox 360 still sold more and more consoles; not due to failure, but just overall interest.

In the end, sure, the move is to keep general interest in the item, and sure, it's for money -- but if these companies were in it for the people and not the financial institute, then they wouldn't be pushing entertainment technology; they'd be better off working with people or the environment.

And the confirmation (edited into the OP): http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

Sure, they need to make money, but can do so with gamers' interests in mind...gotta be a balance

*********** NOOOOOOO!!!!! I WANTED TO SEE SONY WINNING SO EASILY!!!! dammit hopefully PS4 will sell better than X1 100 less talks + GAIKAI streaming service when it launches i think Yoshida and Hirai and ps ppl will be like F***K U microshit! microshit wants money nothing else

Sure, they need to make money, but can do so with gamers' interests in mind...gotta be a balance

And judging by a bunch of comments I've read (outside of these forums, of course), a good portion of these gamers have had their interests met.

Their only disadvantage now would be both the price point and the Kinect requirement; remove the latter and drop the price accordingly, and it could be back to how it had been for a generation.

Wont this change delay their launch date? I hope it does ;-)

My guess the release date set for october if I'm not mistaken will still remain. Even though I could almost bet, the product will be released half-arsed due to that. Implementing those changes properly after they were clearly not planned  from the get-go, would take time. So the first few months will be crashes, system failures and voice activation giving you the finger, if you've got a cold. It's shameful that it took a bloody shitstorm (mainly from the press is my guess, because I still believe they don't care about consumers), for them to change those restrictions.

Good news for those who would've prefered buying an xbox at the start instead of the ps4, but were let down by Microsoft.

Sony is still going to win this war. Microsoft has already proven they are shady and here for money and nothing more, not they're just showing that they're willing to tuck tail and do a complete 180 if it means more money for them. Face it, they've admitted to the spanking that Sony was giving them and realized that if you can't beat them, join them.

Wont this change delay their launch date? I hope it does ;-)

Still November 2013.

All of those xbox fanboys are probably celebrating... Its June... There is still ways to go until November....

Sure they "listen" to their wallets that is bound to dry up.... 

All of those xbox fanboys are probably celebrating... Its June... There is still ways to go until November....

And the other side of the spectrum hasn't been doing the same?

No, not you Nintendo fanboys. You guys still have to wait.

I'll still be buying a PS4 at launch instead of this, but now I won't feel so bad about buying it down the road. Forza 5 and Halo 5 have got me hooked :/

Maybe now the sony fanboys will shutup, so damn annoying, we are the "hardcore gamers", we are the minority, the xbox one will still sell a huge ton to the "casual market" because of COD and Madden.

But is anyone honestly surprised they changed this? They knew they were going to lose quite a few customers if they kept everything the way they announced.