"Microsoft to Pull Complete Reversal on Xbox One DRM Policies "

KitsuneChaos

Maybe "care about customers" is too strong from me. However, "aware of" might be better. I have been an Xbox gamer for years. I'm not glued to the PS3 only, but like where PS is going. I like the communication coming from Sony over the last couple of years so much more than MS. I'm tired of MS trying to convince me that Kinect is the best thing ever (referring to the E3s from last year and the year before). To be fair, Sony did the same with the Move, but I feel it works better than Kinect. I'm tired of MS's Gawd awful customer service (though, to be fair I haven't had to experience Sony's to compare). I'm tired of MS leaving people hanging after their poorly-thought-out and poorly-executed programs prove not to be profitable (Game Room, Games for Windows Live, Xbox Gold Family Plan, and there are more). Finally, I'm tired of feeling like something is being crammed down my throat. I agree, innovation has been halted here, and that's a shame. Maybe MS's problem was how they presented these changes and not necessarily the changes themselfves.

Anyways, Sony's communication has felt much more positive, with their overall emphasis on valuing thier customers and giving game developers a place to comfortably develop their products (I'm referring to Indies). Maybe I'm way off, but I think that freedom is something HBO does with its original programming to a small degree, and that is one of the (many) reasons for its good quality.

Anyways, sorry for the ramble. Just wanted to assure you I'm not a Sony fanboy. I am just impressed with Sony lately and a bit tired of MS.

Rambling or not, this is by far one of the best posts I've read in the past few weeks.

Thank you.

Back to a stalemate...but it didn't really matter to me in the first place since I was going to get a PS4 anyways.  People are going buy what they want to buy, whatever that console ends up being.  As already said, it will drive competition which means better things for the gamers.

Damage is DONE!! I guess (money)soft could not take the slaughter in pre-sales! PLus is all about the games and ... YEAH xbox one has nothing really! Oh! yeah is still 499.99 ANd you still have your friend skynet watching you! :) And I really call bull(blank) on this too! Never can trust them! One min they say this and the other they say THAT!!

• Like 1

I love how some Xbox fans are evangelizing Microsoft for doing this AFTER the fact they tried to take their true ownership rights. Just guzling that Bill Gates cool aid.

You guys realize that he hasn't been anything more than a chairman since the latest 2008, right?

Also -- how is it that Microsoft is an asshole for possibly using DRM, yet PC developers get away with it without any complaints of "taking away true ownership rights"?

The fact still remains that they were going to do this. They don't care about consumers, they didn't change their ways until they figured out that people will not pay for the system. They are only interested in the money. That said, my wallet speaks louder than my rage, so I just will not buy the Xbox One. Because I do not want to support such behavior.

Fuck yes!

• Like 1

The fact still remains that they were going to do this. They don't care about consumers, they didn't change their ways until they figured out that people will not pay for the system. They are only interested in the money. That said, my wallet speaks louder than my rage, so I just will not buy the Xbox One. Because I do not want to support such behavior.

You sir... Made my day. Thank you.

Well said!

theres no shame in getting an X1 if it has games you want to play, im not all for kinect being requires, the DRM stuff being dropped was great, but if its all software whats to stop them from doing it again in a future X1 update? they already have you $$$ I still think M$ if shady, but again gamers will speak with their wallets when consoles launch, I already paid for both consoles, both consoles being 2 PS4s!

Microsoft had this planned all along, it was their marketing plan. Microsoft didn't change because of the gamers it was simply to cause hate in the first place and advertise their system thru hate. It's is so much easier to spread hate than love!

Still wount be getting one. Mostly because of the kinect being required now though I really don't see the need to force it on us as when I tried it I wasn't that impressed. Also it being Micro$oft and seeing as the infrastructor is in place they could decide to turn around and say:

"Hey, we've sold so many consoles lets turn the DRM back on to rake in even more money and screw gamers."

That and the way they handeled E3 they didn't really seem to know what was going on where as Sony was on the ball knew what to say and made everything clear.

Seems many Xbox fanboys are going back. I've seen hundreds of comments saying things like "Can't believe I was switching to the PS4" and other sh*t. The thing that people don't realise is that Sony was the one that brought this change on. If Xbox was the only one in the market or if Sony had done the same we would all be heading towards no more used games etc.

Am actually quite disappointed by this.

Only because I quite like the fact that I was always going to get PS4 and having the DRM and online connectivity just highlighted how much Microsoft had mucked up.

Doesn't change my plan to avoid Xbox though. I might be tempted to get on in a few years or so depending what games are around.

Forza has always been the game that has drawn me towards them in the past

• Like 1