Back 4 Blood (October 12, 2021)

Ghost

WifQq1j.jpg

*Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Turtle Rock Studios have announced Back 4 Blood, from the creators and development team behind Left 4 Dead.  Back 4 Blood is designed from the ground-up as an original, premium title and marries the best of what made the co-op zombie shooter so successful with new features and state-of-the-art technology.

“We are thrilled to partner with the proven Turtle Rock Studios team on Back 4 Blood to advance the co-op zombie genre forward with innovative multiplayer gameplay,” said David Haddad, President, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment.  “The talented team at Turtle Rock has been developing amazing games together for a long time, and this is a great opportunity to work with them to create a new gaming universe built specifically with the large co-op zombie shooter community in mind.”

“It’s hard to overstate what an awesome opportunity this is. We get to return to a genre that was born in our studio with over ten years of additional experience and zombie ideas racked up in our brains,” said Chris Ashton, Co-founder and Design Director, Turtle Rock Studios. “We also have some of the best teammates in the business at WBIE who understand our development process and are equally committed to our player-first mentality. We love being able to announce, so we can start working with the community right away.”

“We are not resting on any past laurels. Our goal is to take all we’ve learned and push forward. We know that’s a tall order,” said Phil Robb, Co-founder and Creative Director, Turtle Rock Studios. “We’re growing the team considerably because we’re stepping up to the biggest challenge in this studio’s history. We know this title has to stand out and we fully intend to make that happen.”

FAQ

Q: What kind of game is Back 4 Blood?
A: Back 4 Blood is a cooperative first-person shooter, zombie horror game with a heavy emphasis on multiplayer and replayability.

Q: Who is developing Back 4 Blood?
A: Turtle Rock Studios is developing Back 4 Blood.

Q: Who is publishing Back 4 Blood?
A: Warner Bros. Games is publishing Back 4 Blood.

Q: What platforms will Back 4 Blood be on?
A: Back 4 Blood will be available for PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One consoles, and PC.

Q: Which PC platform(s) will Back 4 Blood be available on?
A: Back 4 Blood will be available on Steam and the Epic Games Store.

Q: How much will Back 4 Blood cost?
A: The price will depend on the territory where the game is sold. In the US, Back 4 Blood will be available in Standard Edition ($59.99), Deluxe Edition ($89.99) and Ultimate Edition ($99.99).

Q: What kind of multiplayer modes will Back 4 Blood have?
A: Back 4 Blood will support up to 4 players in online co-op and 8 players in PvP.

Q: Can I play Back 4 Blood solo?
A: Yes, the Back 4 Blood campaign can be played solo with 3 AI teammates, and includes online drop in and drop out co-op with up to 3 friends.

Q: What is the story in Back 4 Blood?
A: The Back 4 Blood story takes place after a catastrophic outbreak where most of humanity has either been killed or infected. Hardened by the unspeakable events and emboldened to fight for humanity, a group of veterans of the apocalypse called the Cleaners have rallied together to take on the parasite infected horrors known as the Ridden to take back what is left in the world.

Edited by Ghost
  • Like 1

Yes please. I need another zombie online coop with my friend. We dying because coop is dying! Too much work to make they say! Pffft.

• 1 year later...
On 3/14/2019 at 0:05 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

Yes please. I need another zombie online coop with my friend. We dying because coop is dying! Too much work to make they say! Pffft.

Right! I've had enough of this PVP BS nowadays! Let's get back into co-op games instead.

That being said, I have already preordered B4B, and am patiently waitin for June...

• 1 month later...
On 3/25/2021 at 6:12 PM, kingdrake2 said:

isn't a huge loss. prefer a polished game rather than a rushed one.

also gives more time for everyone who wants a ps5 to get one and this game.

This

I mean i hated Evolve (lets be honest, everything they did to save that game was a reaction to SAVE it. If theyd of done it from the start, may of been more inclined to enjoy a bit more).

But more L4D in whatever guise is excellent. I do not care about delays, just make it good. 

*Stumbles over that Miyamoto quote* 

You know which one. xD

• 2 months later...

Warner Bros. Games and Turtle Rock Studios have also announced that an early access open beta will be open to those who pre-ordered the game, and it starts on August 5 and will run until August 9. From there, the open beta will become available to all players and run from August 12 to 16. You can find out more details about the beta via the official website.

Edited by Ghost