Fix auto updates for profiles

1 minute ago, DarknessRises99 said:

My profile hasn’t updated for nearly 2 weeks now I’m registered so it ahould be every week? I use this when getting plat trophies but I can’t see what trophies I’ve done since it’s not updating. If it’s not fixed I’ll have to move to an alternate site

The owner of the site told me not too long ago he's gonna switch it back on soon for everyone, however he'd have to leave a post here to give specifics on exactly when.

In the meantime if you type your username into the box on the site homepage it will update your profile. I've just updated it for you ;) 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, BlindMango said:

The owner of the site told me not too long ago he's gonna switch it back on soon for everyone, however he'd have to leave a post here to give specifics on exactly when.

This issue has persisted for months, and the last reference to the matter I can find that matches what you're mentioning was exactly a month ago. OP does raise a good point, it's no longer about individual inconvenience, after so long the site's global statistics, which is a primary selling point, are down the gutter.

• Like 4

Yeah I told Sly today he needs to fix whatever he's been meaning to fix (Something relating to name-changing or the API) and turn auto-updating back on for regular members

... And we wait? I'm honestly just as curious with this as you all are at this point with this :dunno:

• Like 3

Didn’t even think of how it would impact overall stats, that’s pretty obvious now that I think about it. :/ 

i manually update date all the time so it’s a non issue as far a shame my own profile is concerned, but I would like accurate rarity, recent players and all that for those slack users who don’t manually update. 

17 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Yeah I told Sly today he needs to fix whatever he's been meaning to fix (Something relating to name-changing or the API) and turn auto-updating back on for regular members

... And we wait? I'm honestly just as curious with this as you all are at this point with this :dunno:

Thanks, I appreciate it.  Those of us that have been getting updated will fall down the leaderboard some, but, it'll be nice to get a better picture of how things really are.

People have posted about this several times over the last couple months, but little more than silence. Normally the site admin is on top of things, but that hasn’t been the case lately. I’m sure there’s a reason, but it’s not a good look to not answer. Makes it look like you’re just ignoring people asking about a big part of the site.

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

I agree.. it’s really a shame that there is such silence. Also, a lot of things and plans of this website seem to just disappear. Like the psnprofiles app. Or the game categories that were supposed to be added “soon” (they said a long time ago).

I hope things will get better