Fix auto updates for profiles

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is beyond a joke now... on my main PSN profile I'm ranked 40,000 in the world - but by the time you factor in how many people are behind me due to their profiles not updating, I'm probably placed 80,000th! What is the point in using a trophy website when it isn't even tracking the stats properly?
Plus the main page says that unregistered profiles update on a weekly basis - that hasn't been the case for over a year now! The people who run PSN Profiles need to sort it out or just shut this amateur operation down.

Edited by whittle181
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

It's been over six months since this issue appeared again just after it was fixed around the release of the PSN ID change and I'm still seeing accounts on this site (most of these I come across are at around the same leaderboard ranking as me) that haven't been updated in more than 12 months.

Did Sly say that he couldn't resolve this because Sony has changed the way he's able to collect profile/trophy data or am I just missing something?

With the growing population of the PlayStation player base and attracting more competitive gamers as a result here on this site and competing trophy tracking sites, I think we need to have staff here on psnprofiles who are on payroll that can support the demand of site updates, requests, and communication. We are at a point that having voluntary staff trying to maintain a robust operation here may be too much. How we do this, I do not know. Sly is just too busy in handling the changes Sony is doing, or I would hate to think, the passion has waned and doesn’t care anymore. I am grateful what is available on this site and I only share this out of concern for the community here.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

@BlindMango
@Sly Ripper

Any news about this?

We just want some response, if the auto updates are going to come back or not. just a single reply please.

This is directly affecting games trophies rarity, before, free games on Ps Plus got trophies rarity really low, now, only active trophy hunters have their profiles updated and the rarity on these games just goes up. so we got some inaccurate rarities, at least in my opinion.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, zGaete- said:

@BlindMango
@Sly Ripper

Any news about this?

We just want some response, if the auto updates are going to come back or not. just a single reply please.

This is directly affecting games trophies rarity, before, free games on Ps Plus got trophies rarity really low, now, only active trophy hunters have their profiles updated and the rarity on these games just goes up. so we got some inaccurate rarities, at least in my opinion.

Not only that, but when a new game released you could sometimes see 40k+ current players. Today the highest iv'e seen is TLOU2 with 25kish.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, zGaete- said:

Arguably, you’re now dealing with an even more accurate rarity number, considering you’re now being compared to other trophy hunters that are active enough to ensure their trophies stay updated. 

Just now, DaivRules said:

Arguably, you’re now dealing with an even more accurate rarity number, considering you’re now being compared to other trophy hunters that are active enough to ensure their trophies stay updated. 

not at all, easy games on plus before could even get many ultra rare trophies and some hard games today rise its trophies rarities. so I'm comparing rarity between games, and not in a single game. 

it is more accurate if you are looking to just a single game and just if it was release after the auto update was disabled. ZOMBI was free on ps plus before and now its an ultra rare platinum while the trophies for call of duty modern warfare (which much harder and much more ppl play this game) just raised. I know "rarity" doesnt really mean hard and things like that, but I think this site should keep what it was before, so ALL games have the same affect on their trophies.

Just now, Neocarleen said:

On the front page of this website:

When do profiles update?
Premium           Every 6 hours
Registered        Every day
Unregistered     Weekly

And that's a lie. Unless you want to shell out for premium, you're profile is not going to be auto-updated.

If you don't want to have that feature on this website, that's fine, but at least be honest about it. Don't just keep saying 'it'll be fixed soon' over and over again for more than a year. If you need to shut the site down for a bit or hire a professional programmer or whatever you need to do to fix the issue, then do it! If not, then be straightforward about it!

Already said I would give everyone premium if I won the lottery. Just hasn't happened yet! :P 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Neocarleen said:

On the front page of this website:

When do profiles update?
Premium           Every 6 hours
Registered        Every day
Unregistered     Weekly

And that's a lie. Unless you want to shell out for premium, you're profile is not going to be auto-updated.

If you don't want to have that feature on this website, that's fine, but at least be honest about it. Don't just keep saying 'it'll be fixed soon' over and over again for more than a year. If you need to shut the site down for a bit or hire a professional programmer or whatever you need to do to fix the issue, then do it! If not, then be straightforward about it!

My profile does get updated regularly (daily in my case). I don't deny that this feature may NOT be working for everyone, but calling it a "lie" is exaggerating.

• Like 1

It’s not working, that’s for sure and it’s a fact.

I’m very regularly manually updating profiles that have not been updated for several years ! 

(Many French profiles like mine, I imagine that’s because there is very few French people visiting here)

i agree that’s a pity....all other trophy hunters websites do not have this issue...

• Like 1

It's clear just from clicking on people near me on the leaderboard that most people who are "tracked" on this site aren't being updated on any regular schedule.  It's mainly unregistered accounts that aren't getting updated, but just now after randomly clicking on several profiles, I found a registered non-premium account than hasn't been updated in 8 months.

Could be better.