Deaths_Trooper

Fix auto updates for profiles

65 posts in this topic

The lottery win has been slow in coming, so can't get premium to everyone and solve the issue yet. xD 

Edited by MidnightDragon

18 minutes ago, Deaths_Trooper said:

Any updates?

Looks like everything is turned on. I only spot checked a dozen or so non-registered accounts, but they're all on the update schedule..

I just checked three accounts right below me on the leaderboard:

F2AM89W.png

HuriqYO.png

jSTH9HL.png

If I were to guess based on stuff related to this Sly has done in the past, it's likely that the site has them queued - it can't update them all and once and it will probably take several weeks to do them all.

The site would probably crash if it tried to do them all at one. xD 

It's definitely not working correctly. Some members are still not on 1 day cycle and non-registered profiles are not updating either (7 day cycle).

Edited by HusKy

There are so many that it's possible that it's being spread out to prevent the site from crashing, but... :dunno: 

This is beyond a joke now... on my main PSN profile I'm ranked 40,000 in the world - but by the time you factor in how many people are behind me due to their profiles not updating, I'm probably placed 80,000th! What is the point in using a trophy website when it isn't even tracking the stats properly?
Plus the main page says that unregistered profiles update on a weekly basis - that hasn't been the case for over a year now! The people who run PSN Profiles need to sort it out or just shut this amateur operation down.

Edited by whittle181

It's been over six months since this issue appeared again just after it was fixed around the release of the PSN ID change and I'm still seeing accounts on this site (most of these I come across are at around the same leaderboard ranking as me) that haven't been updated in more than 12 months.

Did Sly say that he couldn't resolve this because Sony has changed the way he's able to collect profile/trophy data or am I just missing something?

With the growing population of the PlayStation player base and attracting more competitive gamers as a result here on this site and competing trophy tracking sites, I think we need to have staff here on psnprofiles who are on payroll that can support the demand of site updates, requests, and communication. We are at a point that having voluntary staff trying to maintain a robust operation here may be too much. How we do this, I do not know. Sly is just too busy in handling the changes Sony is doing, or I would hate to think, the passion has waned and doesn’t care anymore. I am grateful what is available on this site and I only share this out of concern for the community here.

Is this fixed?

any news?

Just ppl going for the platinum have their profile updated. The rarity of the trophies doest match with the amount of ppl "tracked" on this website for the new games 

2 minutes ago, zGaete- said:

Is this fixed?

any news?

Just ppl going for the platinum have their profile updated. The rarity of the trophies doest match with the amount of ppl "tracked" on this website for the new games 

No, this isn't fixed yet. Don't know if it will ever happen.