What's Your Controller Settings?

mstimac

Since DMC 4, in which Nero has a beastly charged shot, I've been using :l1: for ranged weapons.

I also use :square: for melee attacks so that I have easy access to :cross: in case I need to dodge or enemy step.

This also helps with V so that I can easily charge with either summon while using the other independently.

I keep most of the other actions where they are. :r1: to target, :l2: for Exceed and so on. For Nero :r2: ended up with Break Away, and all Devil Triggers ended up on :triangle:.

Edited by AndresLionheart
  • Like 1

I swapped L1 and Square on each character just because it's so awkward to evade with X while you're holding or spamming Square to shoot. The other buttons feel fine.

Nero got a little funky after getting a Devil Trigger, so for him I ended up with:

-L1 = Gun

-Square = Devil Trigger

-Dpad = Eject Breaker

• Like 1

3 hours ago, xXIrishPride42Xx said:

I swapped L1 and Square on each character just because it's so awkward to evade with X while you're holding or spamming Square to shoot. The other buttons feel fine.

Nero got a little funky after getting a Devil Trigger, so for him I ended up with:

-L1 = Gun

-Square = Devil Trigger

-Dpad = Eject Breaker

I wanted to keep it consistent between characters to have an easier time with shared mechanics. I was gonna have Devil Trigger on :r2: when I got to start playing as V, but then I remembered I was gonna need that button to switch weapons with Dante, so I kept it for character specific actions. Same happened with the D-pad, since I knew Dante was gonna need it for style changes.

I also think it helps to have constant hold actions in different hands. Like for example to have targeting and gun on different hands so it doesn't get confusing when you need to release one or the other.

Dante: Unchanged (As generally you do not do charge shots with Dante)

V:  :r2: for Griffon 

:square: for refueling Devil Trigger

Nero: :l1: for DT, just like others

:square: for Devil Arm

D pad for Ejecting break 

:r2: for gun charging

• Like 1

For Nero I set Devil Breaker to :r2: and Devil Bringer to :circle:. Then Devil Trigger to :l1: and Break Away to D-Pad. This is because I became so familiar with his control scheme from DMC4.

For Dante I simply swapped the Gun wheel to :l1: and put the Devil Trigger on :l2:. Then set the Devil Arm wheel to :r1: and mapped the lock-on to :r2:. Makes it way easier on my hands to charge the Sin Devil Trigger and remain locked on to enemies.

I haven't changed V's controls yet but I may have to start experimenting for the S ranks.

Nero: Switched :square: to :r2: to charge Blue Rose all the time

Dante: Switched :square:  and :circle: to be able summon Dante Spiral swords in Swordmaster

V(The sickest one): Replaced :square: to :r2:,  and :cross: to :l2: to be able to dodge with Shadow and charge Griffon at one time

(Sorry for my bad English))

Edited by CaymanGlobal

Going for S ranks made me realize that I still needed to tweak Nero's controls. This time I set lock-on to :l2: and gun attack to :r1:. Then put Exceed on :square:. Now I can just tap square to charge the Exceed meter along with melee attacks, and keep charging the Blue Rose while remaining locked on and still being able to jump.

For V I also set his lock-on to :l2: and set the auto-attack to :r1:. Makes it a lot easier to dodge while remaining locked on.