Sniper Elite V2 Remastered Announced

I played V2 on ps now last summer and I have to say that by the time I finished I had forgotten about the poor visuals and frame rate and everything else that seemed dated.  V2 is an excellent play with just the right amount of challenge.  I love the entire Sniper Elite Franchise and will be playing this remaster somewhere on down the line.  Even with playing this on authentic solo it is still the fastest Sniper elite platinum you can obtain.

• Like 1

I’m kind of mixed on this. On one hand: SEV2 was a pretty good game. I honestly didn’t like how my footsteps sounded while I was walking. But I got over that. On the other hand: it’s kool that it’s being remastered, but I’m not sure if I’ll go through this again. Would’ve preferred to see news about another gem of a game being remastered (like Tenchu or The Punisher for example). 

Edited by kidson2004

This is unnecessary. I finished this on 100% almost 4 years ago. I remember it being ok, but nothing great or really special about it. I found WWII Berlin to be the right setting for this but always felt something missing. Having that said, it was still better than the third game which was boring as hell (never played the fourth but also not really interested). I really don't see why this game should get a remaster but yeah whatever... Rebellion Games probably needs money.

I recently did the online for this game and am now playing through it on elite difficulty. It's a fun game, definitely! I really liked the co-op missions. But to remaster it this late in the PS4's lifecycle seems a bit strange to me. Although the game came out in 2012, it still feels a lot like an early generation PS3 game. So people who picked up gaming with the PS4 might quickly get annoyed with this one if the game only receives a graphical update. Checkpoints are too few and far between for example (in my opinion, of course) to appeal to the masses. I also think the game descends into a pretty mediocre third person shooter too fast when you're forced to do something other than sniping.

• Like 2