Hell And Hell questions / help

DarkAnimaa

Hello, first I was wondering what score is required to get an S rank on a HAH mission, I'll soon start it and if getting hit once does it give you a penalty? or removes the "No Continues" bonus.

the second question is related to missions like prologue if you got hit in the final boss does it also removes your No continue bonuses?

I'm honestly worried since I'm bad at getting stylish to 6000+ and I might actually aim for getting no damage bonus on all stages *yikes* if this is how its gonna be </3

I'd also appreciate it if someone has strats/stuff for no damage playthrough especially on some bosses like Urizen and his shitty tentacle attacks.

Going by the Powerpyx guide it sounds like you can't get hit/die once otherwise you won't be getting an S Rank since I guess you get a big bonus for no damage, so you don't actually have to focus on combos too much.

As for the second question it sounds like you're referring to the scripted sequences where you automatically get hit. If so then I highly doubt it since you don't seem to actually take damage during those parts.

For strategies I can't really offer much except for Nero his Charge Shot 3 seems to do a lot of damage to bosses, so try using that. The other two I'm not sure what I can say except for V try to let Shadow and Griffon do the work and summon Nightmare when you can. In their battles I often just mash both square and triangle at the same time and they manage to do fine.

Edited by Redgrave
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Redgrave said:

Going by the Powerpyx guide it sounds like you can't get hit/die once otherwise you won't be getting an S Rank since I guess you get a big bonus for no damage, so you don't actually have to focus on combos too much.

As for the second question it sounds like you're referring to the scripted sequences where you automatically get hit. If so then I highly doubt it since you don't seem to actually take damage during those parts.

For strategies I can't really offer much except for Nero his Charge Shot 3 seems to do a lot of damage to bosses, so try using that. The other two I'm not sure what I can say except for V try to let Shadow and Griffon do the work and summon Nightmare when you can.

as Dante, the hat is OP, on DMD I just killed King Cerberus in 1 minute with it!

same goes with mission 17 got an S rank with only using the hat and balrog + Dante's devil sword.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

as Dante, the hat is OP, on DMD I just killed King Cerberus in 1 minute with it!

same goes with mission 17 got an S rank with only using the hat and balrog + Dante's devil sword.

Man I'm really underestimating the hat :P

Oh yeah and for Urizen's tentacles I'm not really sure the best way to go for those. I have a hard time dodging his attacks in general especially when he gets more aggressive and starts shooting the lasers out. Maybe Royal Guard if you think you can block them quick enough?

The only thing I might be able to offer advice on is to remember that Nero can use his Buster on bosses although it seems unlike DMC4 you don't do a ton of damage when you do it but I guess it's something that can build up your Style meter. It's also kind of hard to know when you can do it too since for that one boss with the giant bird thing I thought you could do it when she's knocked down but you have to wait for some kind of bubble to form under her or something. I could never really tell what let you do it.

If anything else though it's the Fury and the enemies that have two scythes on their arms that also give me trouble. I'm not exactly sure on how to counter the Furies and the other guys teleport around too much so I wind up spending most of the fight chasing after them than hitting them.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

Man I'm really underestimating the hat :P

Oh yeah and for Urizen's tentacles I'm not really sure the best way to go for those. I have a hard time dodging his attacks in general especially when he gets more aggressive and starts shooting the lasers out. Maybe Royal Guard if you think you can block them quick enough?

The only thing I might be able to offer advice on is to remember that Nero can use his Buster on bosses although it seems unlike DMC4 you don't do a ton of damage when you do it but I guess it's something that can build up your Style meter. It's also kind of hard to know when you can do it too since for that one boss with the giant bird thing I thought you could do it when she's knocked down but you have to wait for some kind of bubble to form under her or something. I could never really tell what let you do it.

If anything else though it's the Fury and the enemies that have two scythes on their arms that also give me trouble. I'm not exactly sure on how to counter the Furies and the other guys teleport around too much so I wind up spending most of the fight chasing after them than hitting them.

for furies I use Ragtime and hold Circle as Nero, as for Dante I spam the Balrog legs with swordmaster or switch to Cerberus weapon and do the ice shield.

for the two scythes enemy, I believe ragtime also works with it, as for Dante you can use swordmaster and hold circle with Dante's Devil Sword they sometimes cancel the attacks which gives you time to attack run and repeat.

• Like 1

I've seen a few videos on YouTube on Hell and Hell and the person doing the run has lost 2 lives, but at the end of the run there is no penalties on the award screen and they are awarded the S rank. Anyone know why that's the case because I was under the impression that there are penalties for losing one life let alone 2.

5 minutes ago, CannibalX666X said:

I've seen a few videos on YouTube on Hell and Hell and the person doing the run has lost 2 lives, but at the end of the run there is no penalties on the award screen and they are awarded the S rank. Anyone know why that's the case because I was under the impression that there are penalties for losing one life let alone 2.

You lose the no damage penalty which is the easiest way to get S rank(almost 100% fact S rank) But if you rake up high enough style points and extra bonuses such as nero exceed bonuses and dantes style bonuses as well as things like collecting all red orbs and so on it's very possible to still S after dying twice. 

EDIT: Cuz remember H&H is pretty much SoS with one hit kill effect on you. So i would think the points needed to get S is the same as if you are playing on SoS.

EDIT 2: Sorry for all the edits. I myself have not played HaH yet but i S rank 99% of the time first try on Humn,DH,SoS with only the damn Urizen levels giving me trouble because those levels demand higher points by surviving against Urizen X amount of time to rake up more style. But the biggest diff is that i noticed is that on human you need roughly 4-5K points for S across all 3 difficulties with only the urizen lvls needing more. SoS a few needed 6K points for S rank.

Edited by EmoKitten4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, EmoKitten4 said:

You lose the no damage penalty which is the easiest way to get S rank(almost 100% fact S rank) But if you rake up high enough style points and extra bonuses such as nero exceed bonuses and dantes style bonuses as well as things like collecting all red orbs and so on it's very possible to still S after dying twice. 

EDIT: Cuz remember H&H is pretty much SoS with one hit kill effect on you. So i would think the points needed to get S is the same as if you are playing on SoS.

EDIT 2: Sorry for all the edits. I myself have not played HaH yet but i S rank 99% of the time first try on Humn,DH,SoS with only the damn Urizen levels giving me trouble because those levels demand higher points by surviving against Urizen X amount of time to rake up more style. But the biggest diff is that i noticed is that on human you need roughly 4-5K points for S across all 3 difficulties with only the urizen lvls needing more. SoS a few needed 6K points for S rank.

Yeah, I see what you mean! I have just had a run on Hell or Hell now and it is perfectly ok to die, just as long as you have made enough points throughout the level so that the no hit multiplier doesn't have to make or break the S rank! From what I had read, I was under the assumption that it was only possible to get the S without dying once, but I perhaps got crossed wires on that myself! ? However, it is worth mentioning that if the worst happens and all 3 lives are used up, it's better to quit out to the main menu as opposed to using the Replay Level option as that counts as a continue used, so nerfs the score, which I found out to my horror on mission 8! 

4 hours ago, EdgeHosenka said:

Hi for mission 7 you Can play Nero or V my question about S ranks, i need complete both road with a S ranks or just 1 in my choice ?

One of your choice.

15 hours ago, CannibalX666X said:

Yeah, I see what you mean! I have just had a run on Hell or Hell now and it is perfectly ok to die, just as long as you have made enough points throughout the level so that the no hit multiplier doesn't have to make or break the S rank! From what I had read, I was under the assumption that it was only possible to get the S without dying once, but I perhaps got crossed wires on that myself! 1f602.png However, it is worth mentioning that if the worst happens and all 3 lives are used up, it's better to quit out to the main menu as opposed to using the Replay Level option as that counts as a continue used, so nerfs the score, which I found out to my horror on mission 8! 

Seriously I’m starting my HAH playthrough now and mission 8 is my worst nightmare so far! Nerf this mission bruh

On 15/3/2019 at 2:03 AM, EmoKitten4 said:

Oh really? For some reason I was imagining I would be needing DMD numbers or even higher, especially since people were hyping up so much the fact that you NEED to not die once.

This makes HaH hella easier to S rank now.

Still, that won't help for stupid mission 08 and 10... It feels like enemies give less style points on those. I can play mission 10 really well and still be short on points, but then I go to mission 11, get smacked left and right, and still get an S rank. The balance seems really off...

And on another note: damn you guys hyped up the Furies. I read about them over here before meeting them, so when the first appeared I was kinda scared. They have like 3 fucking attacks which are extremelly telegraphed. Dante can beat them with 0 skill needed, Nero does require a bit of timing (I stand fairly close and then I use an Ex back + attack (grounded) when they do the subtle dagger movement right before rushing in. Clashes every time, allowing a few hits into a Buster for some sick moves and free style. Alternate between the ground and air versions or the style won't increase)

7 hours ago, BASEL-_-KSA said:

One of your choice.

Seriously I’m starting my HAH playthrough now and mission 8 is my worst nightmare so far! Nerf this mission bruh

Yeah, any mission with Urizen is a pain in the ass to get an S Rank for, especially the higher difficultys, but as far as Hell or Hell went, I used Ragtime extensively for his fight, not for the entirety, but I always kept it for those tentacle attacks. I hated them big time. It just gave me enough time to react personally. ?

15 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

And on another note: damn you guys hyped up the Furies. I read about them over here before meeting them, so when the first appeared I was kinda scared. They have like 3 fucking attacks which are extremelly telegraphed. Dante can beat them with 0 skill needed, Nero does require a bit of timing (I stand fairly close and then I use an Ex back + attack (grounded) when they do the subtle dagger movement right before rushing in. Clashes every time, allowing a few hits into a Buster for some sick moves and free style. Alternate between the ground and air versions or the style won't increase)

Ragtime is again my Devil Breaker of choice for Fury. Break Age gives me all the time in the world to build a decent combo on them and means zero issues at all as they don't come with any offence or use their teleport ability. Again, super useful during the Hell or Hell run when it's better to not take a chance! ??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AndresLionheart said:

Oh really? For some reason I was imagining I would be needing DMD numbers or even higher, especially since people were hyping up so much the fact that you NEED to not die once.

This makes HaH hella easier to S rank now.

Still, that won't help for stupid mission 08 and 10... It feels like enemies give less style points on those. I can play mission 10 really well and still be short on points, but then I go to mission 11, get smacked left and right, and still get an S rank. The balance seems really off...

That's because you go and build up style to SSS and try to keep it there and when you move forward you only fight when you are locked in the room. That's how you keep your style points for later. For mission 10 you don't even have to touch the boss as it would just add into or take away from your score, so just survive for a minute. And about the furies, not everybody figured out what to do with them on their first run without any streams or videos or comments to prepare them

49 minutes ago, KainDMD said:

For mission 10 you don't even have to touch the boss as it would just add into or take away from your score, so just survive for a minute.

Are you sure about this? And can I get hit by the boss and still not lose points? Maybe this is what I am doing wrong on DMD.

4 hours ago, CannibalX666X said:

Yeah, any mission with Urizen is a pain in the ass to get an S Rank for, especially the higher difficultys, but as far as Hell or Hell went, I used Ragtime extensively for his fight, not for the entirety, but I always kept it for those tentacle attacks. I hated them big time. It just gave me enough time to react personally. 1f601.png

Ragtime is again my Devil Breaker of choice for Fury. Break Age gives me all the time in the world to build a decent combo on them and means zero issues at all as they don't come with any offence or use their teleport ability. Again, super useful during the Hell or Hell run when it's better to not take a chance! 1f44d-1f3fb.png

That's a good idea. Having a bunch of Ragtimes to break could be really useful when not wanting to get hit.

1 hour ago, KainDMD said:

And about the furies, not everybody figured out what to do with them on their first run without any streams or videos or comments to prepare them

I can see it being harder without knowing about clashing, but they are still leagues easier than the motherfucking Blitzes in DMC4. Those guys have electric armor, always move around really fast and come out from those fast movements with attacks that have different timings. Furies always take the exact same time to appear with their attacks, making it much easier to time dodges or counter attacks.

1 hour ago, nudoetcrudo said:

Are you sure about this? And can I get hit by the boss and still not lose points? Maybe this is what I am doing wrong on DMD.

That's what I meant by surviving. Dodge everything for about a minute.

59 minutes ago, AndresLionheart said:

That's a good idea. Having a bunch of Ragtimes to break could be really useful when not wanting to get hit.

I can see it being harder without knowing about clashing, but they are still leagues easier than the motherfucking Blitzes in DMC4. Those guys have electric armor, always move around really fast and come out from those fast movements with attacks that have different timings. Furies always take the exact same time to appear with their attacks, making it much easier to time dodges or counter attacks.

When a blitz appears you do about 4 pinups with lucifer, detonate and then do a distorted real impact when they are not moving around. When they are active, you can just shoot the blitzes and jump around until the shield breaks. I also hit them with kicks and then guarding because it was faster in DMD. They are blind as well so they will be very passive. Those are the strats I remember. The furies are so fast, you only see an after image, they zig zag all over the place and it's impossible to predict where they are coming from, which is why everybody uses the cerberus or the L2 move in sin devil form to get rid of them as quick as possible.

Edited by KainDMD

1 hour ago, KainDMD said:

That's what I meant by surviving. Dodge everything for about a minute.

When a blitz appears you do about 4 pinups with lucifer, detonate and then do a distorted real impact when they are not moving around.

Alright, I thought you meant just "don't die" :D

Btw, is distorted real impact sill in DMC 5? I couldn't perform it, but I was never great at doing it in DMC 4 (I preferred to use Nero and insta-rev) so I might just suck.

55 minutes ago, vgor1988 said:

Can someone tell me if you lose the no continue bonus if you get hit in this game and lose a gold orb? I remember that this was the case in DMC4, not sure how it is here.

If you get hit you lose all the bonuses. If you get hit 3 times you get the penalty for triple continue.