Trophy: A friend in need

8 minutes ago, Gumble_Monkey said:

What are the exact details in unlocking this trophy? I've gone into multiple back up requests and revived an agent but no trophy? Anyone else having difficulty? 

Wondering about this as well, but I'm assuming once a downed Agent calls for back-up, he/she needs to wait until someone joins and allows them to heal him/her.

Can anyone verify if this is the correct approach?

I got the trophy when the person i went to revive held up on the D-pad (when they were downed). A message came on my screen saying agent needs assistance, I revived them and i got the trophy. I had a look when I was downed and there was an option to call for help. So I think the trophy refers to them requesting to be revived and not calling for backup, of course I could be wrong.

I join random agent who still alive but it seems he need someone to help him I side mission.

I join and then wait until he downed and go help him BOOM! trophy unlocked. 

I guess you can answer the call and wait for that agent downed then help him/her

• Like 1

I joined a few people who "asked for back-up". They were both down when I joined, healed them, but nothing.

On 15-3-2019 at 3:31 AM, ph0nix123 said:

I got the trophy when the person i went to revive held up on the D-pad (when they were downed). A message came on my screen saying agent needs assistance, I revived them and i got the trophy. I had a look when I was downed and there was an option to call for help. So I think the trophy refers to them requesting to be revived and not calling for backup, of course I could be wrong.

This could very well be the actual requirement. The trophy description is particularly vague, so it depends on a bit of trial & error to figure out how to make that annoying trophy pop.

1 hour ago, st-o-ck said:

Is it possible to do this with a friend? For example when he goes to some enemys, got himself shot down and then "calls for help"? Do you see his call or is there no chance? 1f914.png

Tried this an hour ago, didn't work. Not even when my friend (as group leader) called in back-up before he called for help when he was down.

Seems like you need to actually answer a back-up call and heal the group leader when he/she is downed and has called for help.

2 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

I just joined a group of two guys and revived them both a few minutes ago, so this theory doesn't seem true either. 

Did the same thing: answered a back-up call, and it turned out to be someone from my country. Messaged him and asked him to try out the trophy with me, so he let himself go down, "called for help", I went to revive him: nothing.

I'm starting to think this trophy really is bugged. There is no way this trophy would be that complicated to achieve.

• Like 1

Just unlocked the trophy there. It seems it’s very specific in the revive. I was trying all night by Answering the call and joining a game. The problem was all games I joined no-one was down. They went down later and I revived but nothing. 

I finally got the trophy when I was put into a game through answer the call and the guy was already downed. I managed to revive him and the trophy popped. 

I think a player has to go down, then call for backup and you have to respond, load in and revive them before they respawn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klair88 said:

Just unlocked the trophy there. It seems it’s very specific in the revive. I was trying all night by Answering the call and joining a game. The problem was all games I joined no-one was down. They went down later and I revived but nothing. 

I finally got the trophy when I was put into a game through answer the call and the guy was already downed. I managed to revive him and the trophy popped. 

I think a player has to go down, then call for backup and you have to respond, load in and revive them before they respawn. 

That seems very specific for something that has only a bronze trophy attached to it. The window for people to join in time before you bleed out so you can signal them to heal you (both as a back-up call, and a "call for help") seems so small, that I would be genuinely baffled if this is the correct strategy.

Not to mention: it does not explain why other people got it by simply healing a group member when they went down after they joined, without calling for help.

I think we're dealing with a typical case of Occam's razor; the simplest solution is most likely the right one. Case in point: the trophy is bugged, and the requirements to get it are probably far from the complicated strategies people are desperately testing to make it pop.

Edit: I re-read what you said, and I actually have been able to do that: I loaded into a few games when they called for back-up, the main player (there was only one) was still down, I revived him ... And nothing. So, that only further cements my opinion that the trophy is bugged.

Edited by Aponac1987
  • Like 1

Yesterday, I joined an agent doing a side mission solo. I was the only one who joined. The guy already respawned, but was still doing the mission solo. I revived him 3 times during the next 10 minutes - twice when he was completely downed (couldn't move) and once when he could still crawl on the ground. No trophy.

17 hours ago, st-o-ck said:

Is it possible to do this with a friend? For example when he goes to some enemys, got himself shot down and then "calls for help"? Do you see his call or is there no chance? 1f914.png

Not really possible to do with a friend unless you both get incredibly lucky and be assigned to the same server. Even then there might be measures prioritizing calls for help from agents other than your friend (I assume these measures might be a way for Ubi to influence who you meet in the open world - the more new people you meet, the larger the chance you meet new friends through Division 2, and the larger the chance you'll play the game longer).

I tried coordinating this with a buddy. First joined him & played with him a bit - we wanted to force the game to put us on the same server (we're both from the same city IRL). After I left the group, I killed myself and tried calling for backup, but he didn't see my call on the map. It was the same the other way around - i didn't see his calls for help. Also, seems that the clan members don't see your calls for help either. Like I said, I think the "call for help" system prioritizes players you've never played with before, so there's no way to coordinate the trophy.

I tried literally asking a few guys I joined to let the npc kill them and let me revive them to try to get the trophy. Just doesn't work for me. 

• Like 1

I’m also having trouble getting this one to pop.

Answered a call for help in which the other agent was in a mission, however wasn’t downed. They went down before the mission ended - I revived them and played till the end of the mission but got nothing. 

Answered another call for help in which the other agent was playing free roam. In this instance, he was already downed (and unconscious). I revived them and completed the free roam event however the trophy still didn’t pop. 

Bugger. I’ll keep trying and post here if I have any luck.

The trophy is definitely bugged, like many others I kept answering calls for help and lost count the number of times I revived people that were already down on arrival or after staying with them and then reviving, no trophy. 

I actually got the trophy when someone revived me, yup, someone revived me after I went down, its just luck and random at the moment until they address the glitch.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cordeyceps said:

I actually got the trophy when someone revived me, yup, someone revived me after I went down, its just luck and random at the moment until they address the glitch.

So you asked for help, you died, he revived you and you got the trophy? 

You were already dead unconscious or you were still able to move before bleeding out? 

On 3/15/2019 at 11:25 AM, boonperm said:

I join random agent who still alive but it seems he need someone to help him I side mission.

I join and then wait until he downed and go help him BOOM! trophy unlocked. 

I guess you can answer the call and wait for that agent downed then help him/her

This is exactly what I did. I joined on a call for help. Was expecting the person to be downed, but he was not. He was in the middle of a gun battle with the boss of the mission. So I being a terrible teammate just watched as, now stronger, enemies pushed and eventually killed him. I killed the close by ones, then resurrected him. Popped a little bit after. 

14 minutes ago, ghost_spike said:

I've tried this about 20 times so far - waited for the poor guy to get killed & resurrected him. No trophy. 

I assume you have, but throwing it out anyway. Have you tried picking him back up when he is just knocked down (able to crawl, stem bleeding) and when he is fully out and can only wait or respawn? 

1 hour ago, FLCLcrim2 said:

I assume you have, but throwing it out anyway. Have you tried picking him back up when he is just knocked down (able to crawl, stem bleeding) and when he is fully out and can only wait or respawn? 

Yeah, I made sure to try both ways. I even asked one guy specifically to help me with this trophy, and he was willing to help. Got killed 4 times in 15 minutes. I revived this specific agent twice while he was crawling and twice while he was dead. Nothing :/

2 hours ago, FLCLcrim2 said:

This is exactly what I did. I joined on a call for help. Was expecting the person to be downed, but he was not. He was in the middle of a gun battle with the boss of the mission. So I being a terrible teammate just watched as, now stronger, enemies pushed and eventually killed him. I killed the close by ones, then resurrected him. Popped a little bit after. 

I did this in my first try, no trophy. Other agent was able to crawl and made his way to me - revived him, got nothing.

3 hours ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

So you asked for help, you died, he revived you and you got the trophy? 

You were already dead unconscious or you were still able to move before bleeding out? 

I called in to help someone else like I did the previous 20 plus times, was waiting for the player to die so I could revive but got caught off guard and died myself. I kind of switched off thinking he wouldn't reach me and I would need to respawn, but he managed to come revive me, then I heard the trophy noise and I was shocked to see I got it.

Very strange indeed.

Edited by Cordeyceps
  • Like 1