Trophy: A friend in need

4 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

for the 1st time i spawned into someones request and they were down already and i still did not get the trophy.  Some bullshit probably won't get fixed considering a lot of people are somehow managing to get the trophy.

That‘s what I fear. The trophy is not bugged for everyone so it‘s probably not their top priority to fix it.

Joined an agent. He had already respawned. I went down to see if him reviving me would pop it. It didn’t.

He got downed (and unconscious). Revived him. Nothing.

He died again. So I died to reset the checkpoint. He went down and was able to crawl to me. Revived. Nothing. 

God damn it.

Yeah i'm betting the person has to be down when he makes the call for backup.  then you have to join his game which takes a minute and get to him and revive him before he decides to respawn.    However, i'm not believing that is the way they intended it because guides are up that say the requirement is to join someones game and revive them at any point and i'm guessing they wouldn't put that in their guide unless they actually got it in that way. maybe the trophy then broke during a update.  Who knows?

Popped it! 

Ended up reinstalling the game. Joined 3 different calls for help. In 2 of them, the agents were already up or it was evident they weren’t going to get downed. In the other one, I was a bit under levelled for the mission and could never get the revive in time.

Fourth attempt. Joined. Agent already up and about. Agent goes down. Revive. Popped. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, billyhyde94 said:

Popped it! 

Ended up reinstalling the game. Joined 3 different calls for help. In 2 of them, the agents were already up or it was evident they weren’t going to get downed. In the other one, I was a bit under levelled for the mission and could never get the revive in time.

Fourth attempt. Joined. Agent already up and about. Agent goes down. Revive. Popped. 

Hope this helps.

So you just deleted game from HDD and reinstalled it? You don't lose your character?

1 hour ago, billyhyde94 said:

Popped it! 

Hope this helps.

Have tried this as well several days ago. Still no luck. At this point, it's a crapshoot. You just need to get very lucky that the trophy is willing to pop.

Finally unlocked the trophy after trying almost everything. I tried everything short of reinstalling the game or playing through on a brand new character. Reviving another agent never got me the trophy whether that person was a group member or the group leader. However:

I answered a call for backup (I used the matchmaking feature if that makes a difference, but it shouldn't), and the other agent was well and alive when I arrived. What worked for me is having the Reviver Hive equipped and off cooldown (so it is ready to use when you go down), and I just ran into a gunfight with some enemies (mine was at a control point) so they would down me. The self-revive kicked in automatically from the hive to revive me, and the trophy popped shortly after. 

If you haven't tried using a Reviver Hive to revive yourself after answering a backup call, it might be worth trying. :)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, SpecularWorm663 said:

Finally unlocked the trophy after trying almost everything. I tried everything short of reinstalling the game or playing through on a brand new character. Reviving another agent never got me the trophy whether that person was a group member or the group leader. However:

I answered a call for backup (I used the matchmaking feature if that makes a difference, but it shouldn't), and the other agent was well and alive when I arrived. What worked for me is having the Reviver Hive equipped and off cooldown (so it is ready to use when you go down), and I just ran into a gunfight with some enemies (mine was at a control point) so they would down me. The self-revive kicked in automatically from the hive to revive me, and the trophy popped shortly after. 

If you haven't tried using a Reviver Hive to revive yourself after answering a backup call, it might be worth trying. :)

Tried this today, a few times, still nothing :/

I was going through the commendations menu and I'm wondering if the trophy description is incomplete. The commendation basically says, 'Answer a call for backup in a MAIN mission, revive a downed agent and complete an objective without using any healing items or health kits."

Edited by BigHonkingOne

27 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

I was going through the commendations menu and I'm wondering if the trophy description is incomplete. The commendation basically says, 'Answer a call for backup in a MAIN mission, revive a downed agent and complete an objective without using any healing items or health kits."

That could be, but the call I got was in freeroam during a control point. The revive a downed agent sounds like it could even be yourself (as it did when I unlocked it), but I don't know. There seems to be a lot of confounding things that make this trophy either pop or not, and a lot of it seems to be down to how lucky you are, as many people are unlocking it in a variety of ways.

20 minutes ago, SpecularWorm663 said:

That could be, but the call I got was in freeroam during a control point. The revive a downed agent sounds like it could even be yourself (as it did when I unlocked it), but I don't know. There seems to be a lot of confounding things that make this trophy either pop or not, and a lot of it seems to be down to how lucky you are, as many people are unlocking it in a variety of ways.

Right now it seems to be totally random and different for each player...

The "A friend in need" achievement seems very buggy/has many ways to unlock it. I have read the achievement description over and over and did the actions required for it however it never unlocked. "Respond to a call and revive an agent." I have done this many, many times. I have joined agents when they have been downed and dead and revived them no luck. Joined agents during a mission/objective and they got downed/died during it and i have revived them and no luck. However today i hosted my own game and sent out a call for agents to help me and the agent who joined downed in my game and i healed him and then it unlocked. I am playing on the PC platform.

4 hours ago, lunateena said:

They need to fix this. I’ve tried everything and even reinstalled the game. Still nothing.

Same. I tried everything that was recommended here, but nothing works for me. I hope they patch it (although I have my doubts if they patch it because some people are  somehow able to get this trophy).

On 18/3/2019 at 10:44 PM, Cordeyceps said:

I called in to help someone else like I did the previous 20 plus times, was waiting for the player to die so I could revive but got caught off guard and died myself. I kind of switched off thinking he wouldn't reach me and I would need to respawn, but he managed to come revive me, then I heard the trophy noise and I was shocked to see I got it.

Very strange indeed.

Alright thanks, so the way of earning this trophy is totally different from its description :D you have to ask for help, you die and the other guy revives you.

I'll try it later, now the servers are under maintenace today (CET timezone)

Just got the trophy.

A few guys talked about how they got the trophy with the hive technique.

So i tried, yesterday, at least 20 times ... nothing

But this morning i did it again ... first try and not even a broken trophy notification (no image, 20 sec delay, etc..) i would expect.

So what changed ?

The guy i joined was dead doing a control point. he did not give me the time to save him, but he was down when i joined.  In all my previous attempt, guys were already up at the safehouse. I killed myself with a grenade, hive autorevive, trophy popped instantly.

I think it is definitely worth farming this technique cause its easy and you don't have to ask people to die, or wait for it.

Just answer a call for backup, kill yourself, hive, pray...  leave the group and try again.

Btw the hive cooldown restarts when you switch from server to server. So you don't even have to wait 3 mins between tries.

• Like 4