Trophy: A friend in need

15 minutes ago, kierkegaaard said:

Just got the trophy.

A few guys talked about how they got the trophy with the hive technique.

So i tried, yesterday, at least 20 times ... nothing

But this morning i did it again ... first try and not even a broken trophy notification (no image, 20 sec delay, etc..) i would expect.

So what changed ?

The guy i joined was dead doing a control point. he did not give me the time to save him, but he was down when i joined.  In all my previous attempt, guys were already up at the safehouse. I killed myself with a grenade, hive autorevive, trophy popped instantly.

I think it is definitely worth farming this technique cause its easy and you don't have to ask people to die, or wait for it.

Just answer a call for backup, kill yourself, hive, pray...  leave the group and try again.

Btw the hive cooldown restarts when you switch from server to server. So you don't even have to wait 3 mins between tries.

Or maybe they changed something during the maintenance this morning? Will try when I get home tonight.

3 hours ago, kierkegaaard said:

Just got the trophy.

But this morning i did it again ... first try and not even a broken trophy notification (no image, 20 sec delay, etc..) i would expect.

So what changed ?

The guy i joined was dead doing a control point. he did not give me the time to save him, but he was down when i joined.  In all my previous attempt, guys were already up at the safehouse. I killed myself with a grenade, hive autorevive, trophy popped instantly.

I think it is definitely worth farming this technique cause its easy and you don't have to ask people to die, or wait for it.

Just answer a call for backup, kill yourself, hive, pray...  leave the group and try again.

Btw the hive cooldown restarts when you switch from server to server. So you don't even have to wait 3 mins between tries.

Sadly this doesn‘t work for me, I tried it several times just now and the trophy didn‘t pop :(

1 hour ago, anotherfangirl said:

Sadly this doesn‘t work for me, I tried it several times just now and the trophy didn‘t pop :(

All i'm saying is that it works and you can farm it.

Some guy said he needed 5-10 tries. I did more than 25.

If you spend 2 or 3h doing this, you'll get it, trust me. ?

I never said it would be first try for everyone. So please guys dont comeback to say it doesnt work before really try. ?

EDIT: my guess.

What i read a lot is how different were the situations when people got the trophy. Some did it my way. People got it while saved by agents, others saved the host of the party 20 mins after joining, etc... 

So maybe the initial trigger is, join a backup call and revive someone during this session. That would make sense when you're familiar with Ubisoft trophy list. It could be the guy that called for backup, another player, yourself... seems like it doesnt matter. The problem is its not working as intended but maybe its just a server issue.

Maybe all you need is jumping from one party to another to test the trigger on a new server till you find one that works.

I might be totally wrong but i feel like its more interesting to see it that way, instead of looking for the perfect trigger situation.

Edited by kierkegaaard

1 hour ago, kierkegaaard said:

All i'm saying is that it works and you can farm it.

Some guy said he needed 5-10 tries. I did more than 25.

If you spend 2 or 3h doing this, you'll get it, trust me. 1f60b.png

I never said it would be first try for everyone. So please guys dont comeback to say it doesnt work before really try. 1f60e.png

EDIT: my guess.

What i read a lot is how different were the situations when people got the trophy. Some did it my way. People got it while saved by agents, others saved the host of the party 20 mins after joining, etc... 

So maybe the initial trigger is, join a backup call and revive someone during this session. That would make sense when you're familiar with Ubisoft trophy list. It could be the guy that called for backup, another player, yourself... seems like it doesnt matter. The problem is its not working as intended but maybe its just a server issue.

Maybe all you need is jumping from one party to another to test the trigger on a new server till you find one that works.

I might be totally wrong but i feel like its more interesting to see it that way, instead of looking for the perfect trigger situation.

I didn't say it doesn't work generally, it just doesn't work *for me*. I was trying it for almost three hours, so I guess I'll have to wait for a patch.

But thanks for telling us how it worked for you, maybe you can help others with this method. That's a good thing ??

Edited by anotherfangirl

8 hours ago, kierkegaaard said:

Just got the trophy.

So what changed ?

Just got the trophy also. I never cheered so much in my life. So yeah this method worked for me perfectly. Took me about 10 attempts clicking people’s SHD on the map (instead of searching not sure that makes a difference) I joined a guy who just finished a mission and top left said “Exit Mission 34m” I downed my self, self revived and got back up. So maybe you have to do it and complete a mission or be at the end of it. The trophy notification didn’t come up at all. I realised I got it when I clicked psn button and it said on notifications I got it. 

Just have faith I was like you guys who never thought this would pop but if you do this method it will eventually.

Have a little faith and good luck people! 

17 minutes ago, x-Killer_Luke-x said:

Just got the trophy also. I never cheered so much in my life. So yeah this method worked for me perfectly.

Just have faith I was like you guys who never thought this would pop but if you do this method it will eventually.

Thx god someone read my post before replying here. ?

I don't get why people still come here to say its impossible, just luck or that a perfect situation exists when i just explained the opposite.

I'm sure if people put a little effort into my method, they would get it.

Whatever.

17 minutes ago, kierkegaaard said:

I don't get why people still come here to say its impossible, just luck or that a perfect situation exists when i just explained the opposite.

Whatever.

Thanks for the input guys. I've been doing it for the past 1,5 hour and still no luck but I keep trying :)

35 minutes ago, kierkegaaard said:

Whatever.

If your method involves repeating some actions an unknown amount of times hoping the outcome changes.... it is luck.

Edited by BigHonkingOne
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, BigHonkingOne said:

If your method involves repeating some actions an unknown amount of times hoping the outcome changes.... it is luck.

Its easy, it works, and it does not require help from anyone else so its not some random bullshit method.

You don't have to be that lucky.

18 minutes ago, kierkegaaard said:

Its easy, it works, and it does not require help from anyone else so its not some random bullshit method.

You don't have to be that lucky.

Just quibbling about your statement about luck, nothing else. I do like your method and don't think it's bullshit. It's quick and repeatable and gives you lots of chances to pop the trophy in a short amount of time and prevents you from wasting a bunch of time hanging in groups waiting around for people to die when it's pointless. I've done the auto-revive thing myself 5 or 6 times and no trophy pop yet. I haven't been able to grind it yet. Usually, if I'm logging into this game its because my friends are on and ready to go. But eyah, the fact that it could take two times or 25 times does mean it's just random luck when the game finally recognizes you did the thing. 

• Like 1

I can confirm I got this earlier today with the hive method, it literally only took me a few tries and it took about 10 seconds for the trophy to pop after the fact. As for the guy saying it's not luck is a total joke. I know people who have tried countless times and don't have the trophy. I would say it's lucky that someone can get it in under 5 minutes and then some other people can do it 3+ hours and have all their time wasted. 

• Like 3

How do you guys that got the trophy join others? By holding the touchpad when you get the message "a player needs help" or just search for people in the SHD tab?

I want to try this Hive method since it my last trophy for the platinum

Edited by LucienNL

21 hours ago, kierkegaaard said:

Just got the trophy.

So what changed ?

Absolute Legend!! Popped first try!