I don't get why RE2 is so great

abhinandhan22

18 hours ago, KillerGV said:

This game is one of the most overrated games I've ever play, is just a copy of the amazing Resident Evil 1 Remake , but a bad copy, is truly unbelievable how much they copy the first one and also cut enemies.

I give a 6 out of 10?

How is it a copy of RE1? If anything it’s a copy of RE2 since, ya know, it’s a remake of that particular game lol.

RE2 remake was fantastic. What makes it neat is that is takes the formula of the early Resident Evil titles — the claustrophobic, metroidvania-style mazes and labyrinthian environments filled with puzzles, secrets, and danger — and adapts it for a modern audience with contemporary camera angles and control schemes, while bringing the graphics, lighting, and sound up to modern standards as well. You get the best of both worlds, while making the franchise accessible to a new audience who might never have played the originals before. 

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, KillerGV said:

Delusional as fuck, 10/10 is Witcher 3 / Elden Ring PS5.

Not the ultra mega slow,wasted potential, content cut re2. ?

Dude you have 4 posts and attacking people for the Games what they love. Whats your problem lol. Witcher 3 10/10 YOUR Opinion its ok but dont attack other people here.

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, KillerGV said:

Delusional as fuck, 10/10 is Witcher 3 / Elden Ring PS5.

Not the ultra mega slow,wasted potential, content cut re2. 1f602.png

You'd have to be delusional to call re2 ultra mega slow when YOU as the player literally can beat it as fast as you want. Want to beat it in 10 hours taking time to read through stuff and gather everything? Or want to beat it in like 2 and a half hours going fast? You're complaining about you being slow at the game lol 

Edited by DeadmanStrife

Because it is an example of how remakes should be made. Recreate an old game, make it up to modern standards but don't break the game by adding, changing or removing stuff so that it stops feeling like the original. It's what RE2 would've been if somehow this was its first release. It feels like the original 25+ years old RE2 but it also feels like it was made today.

Some people might not like the game itself, but objectively this is the most faithful and complete remake out there imo. Without adding 30 hours of filler content/long empty corridors that make the game completely different and boring like FF7, but also doing way more than TLOU part 1, or even the upcoming RE4 remake. 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Seems like OP got a lot of pushback on this one, which is to be expected. I agree though. I struggle to really see much resi 2 does well. Bosses are all the same, enemies are bullet sponges, characters move like slugs, all the scenarios are practically the same, making the plat insanely tedious, and there is an overemphasis on speedrunning which is fine as a one off but way overused here. I’ve been bored out of my mind for most of my playtime with this one, and enjoyed 7, village, 4, and revelations 2 quite a bit more. I’m honestly to the point where I’m seriously considering dropping the game and not getting plat, although I’ll try my best to finish up the s rank hardcore Leon run.