Good ending

VitiosusLupus

4 hours ago, emskay said:

I've just wanted to make sure that regardless of the actions I make during the good ending play through I just need to save at least two out of three of Artyom's companions? Is that correct or not?

In the past metro games you needed to not kill hardly any humans so my guess to get the best ending is to do that plus not kill only knock out people never kill unless forced to. So my guess is to not kill many people. Also I never played metro 3/exodus so it could be different but yeah. I could see them doing what they did in all the past games still in this too.

Edited by KANERKB

Having 2/3 people still with you by the end of the game should grant you the good ending, but you won't be able to get this trophy:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8746-metro-exodus/29-full-strength

So to clarify - not all of them actually die, but some can just flat out leave you depending on how you've played the game up until then.

Duke, Damir and Aloysha are the characters in question - if you can get 2 of them to still be alive and with you by the time you reach the final area of the game you'll come to the good ending. None of the supporting characters count as they technically always hang around.

There are three specific points in the game which will signify you losing someone:

• Duke - At the end of the Volga level
  • Damir - At the end of the Caspian level
  • Aloysha - At the end of the Taiga level

Losing them depends on how you choose to play during the levels that precede them.

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

6 hours ago, emskay said:

I've just wanted to make sure that regardless of the actions I make during the good ending play through I just need to save at least two out of three of Artyom's companions? Is that correct or not?

That should be the case. However, during my Ranger Hardcore run I wanted to achieve the good (canon) ending as well, so I focused on keeping all three of them with me.

I could go into detail about Duke, Damir and Alyosha, but to avoid spoilers, I'll just give you some general tips: play stealthily (unless firefights are mandatory), fulfill people's requests (like Giul's photo) and do NOT kill innocent people, people who indicate they only want to live in peace, or enemies who lay down their arms. I'm not entirely sure about the last one, but I never took any chances and always knocked them out when they gave up. Thugs and bandits are all fair game; those, you can kill in any way you see fit.

Basically, when you want to get the good ending: don't be a psychopath.

Edited by Aponac1987

40 minutes ago, kiseiju68 said:

The enemy soldiers who shoot me, can I kill them for the good ending?

Killing bandits won't affect anything with your endings/outcomes.

Any soldiers outside of that probably will - so for example in the Volga, the armed cultist soldiers will more than likely count towards a bad ending. They are all fairly easy to stealth around though to be honest.

So confusing because people say if you have the 3 characters with you at the end of the 3 respective levels that they make a choice to stay or go then you will get the good ending regardless of who you kill or what you do in levels where these characters are not choosing to stay or go.  then you have a bunch of people saying not to kill anybody you don't have to the entire game.  so which is it????????  Do i just have to be careful the 3 chapters I need a character to make a choice?  Or do I have to be careful and not kill people the entire game?  WTF?

Also lets say I accidentally killed the wrong person in chapter 3 and duke doesn't jump on the train at the end.  Can I  not just replay the chapter to get him to join me?  Do I have to start a new game?

I literally have know idea why i bother with metro games.  they are as glued to a guide as you can get.  At one point in volga I had 3 videos ready to go.  One for collectibles, one for the Stealth sections for good ending, and one guide for miscellaneous trophies and general walkthrough of the level.   I spent about 5 hours and i'm still not finished with the damn level.  I just got the train back to the home base area.

Edited by steel6burgh

57 minutes ago, steel6burgh said:

So confusing because people say if you have the 3 characters with you at the end of the 3 respective levels that they make a choice to stay or go then you will get the good ending regardless of who you kill or what you do in levels where these characters are not choosing to stay or go.  then you have a bunch of people saying not to kill anybody you don't have to the entire game.  so which is it????????  Do i just have to be careful the 3 chapters I need a character to make a choice?  Or do I have to be careful and not kill people the entire game?  WTF?

Also lets say I accidentally killed the wrong person in chapter 3 and duke doesn't jump on the train at the end.  Can I  not just replay the chapter to get him to join me?  Do I have to start a new game?

I literally have know idea why i bother with metro games.  they are as glued to a guide as you can get.  At one point in volga I had 3 videos ready to go.  One for collectibles, one for the Stealth sections for good ending, and one guide for miscellaneous trophies and general walkthrough of the level.   I spent about 5 hours and i'm still not finished with the damn level.  I just got the train back to the home base area.

Yes if u missed him surviving and getting on the train you can restart the chapter and play from there but you cannot just decide at the end to go redo the chapter and jump back it all has to be 1 continuous play through.

As for can you kill in the chapters not related to 1 of the 3 sure but thing is I think there's only like 2 chapters that have fighting besides those 3 the others are more just on the train hanging with your crew before heading back to the fight 

The games pretty easy to get through

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steel6burgh said:

Or do I have to be careful and not kill people the entire game?

Here is the list of moral points. Not everything"bad" included there, but those are fairly obvious things like "do not kill the friendly npc, prisoners, etc". You just need to get good points and try not to get bad points. Other than that, fighting is fine.

This game is pretty straightforward in it's moral system, as opposed to previous games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Akrioz said:

Here is the list of moral points. Not everything"bad" included there, but those are fairly obvious things like "do not kill the friendly npc, prisoners, etc". You just need to get good points and try not to get bad points. Other than that, fighting is fine.

This game is pretty straightforward in it's moral system, as opposed to previous games.

thanks for the link to the moral points.  Uggh another guide now i have like 5 to follow just for this one game.  I just hope this volga level plays out ok because It took way too long.