Trophy Thoughts

4 hours ago, Naruto_Senju92 said:

Not pretty easy i think because dying makes progress to the dragonrot and i think dragonrot makes much to all the endings so you need specific death amounts maybe. Cant wait to challenge this plat

I believe you progress the Dragonrot every time you resurrect in the middle of a battle so if you choose to take the penalty and respawn at the "bonfire" right away, then perhaps the Dragonrot won't spread. Just a guess based on the videos I've watched. 

Edited by Killbomb

Trophies “look” straight forward but you can’t really tell with from software ?. For the same price you’ll need to do crazy stuff to get certain upgrade items, like defeat a boss naked, with one hand (oh wait, that is the case for all bosses ?), blind folded when the moon is full...

Nevertheless, From software told the game will be very difficult.

So, yeah, feels like it will look like a DS/BB type of plat, around 5 to 8/10 difficulty with around 80-100h to plat maybe. Cloud saves can definitely help reducing that on the endings part.

Can’t wait to start playing. First time i’ll do one of their game without a guide. Will look like a total different approach to go blind but that makes it... exciting!

5 hours ago, phiivy85 said:

the "Purifiction Ending" is gonna be a platium stopper for most ppl, i read that if you die more than 25 times in 1 playthru your locked out of the Purification ending..

Nah, man. Just cloud save and reload if you die. People will cheese the shit out of this method. Can see this plat going up to 30% just like bloodborne.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LepreCon91 said:

Will probably be a 1/10 in difficulty just like all the other soulsbourne games huehuehuehue

Stan! Your "huehuehue" suggests you are trolling here!!

Anyway, looking forward to this one.

5 hours ago, phiivy85 said:

the "Purifiction Ending" is gonna be a platium stopper for most ppl, i read that if you die more than 25 times in 1 playthru your locked out of the Purification ending..

25 is pretty friendly. I hope that such an ending exists - I've waited for years for Dark Souls/Demon's Souls/etc. to reward players with no/few deaths.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, phiivy85 said:

People are just gonna upload their saves to cloud and redownload when they die to get that trophy. If I manage to get every other trophy I'll give that one a fair chance before I resort to that method. 

On 2019-03-15 at 8:20 AM, xh117 said:

Uhhh I don't know how I feel about the 4 endings, I heard dying a lot will lock you in to a worse ending, guess we'll see. If true though this could be a ultra rare plat.

You just save scum to avoid that. List looks fun game looks amazing.

Edited by Quink666

All of the Soulsborne content creators who have spent years of their lives mastering these games have all said that Sekiro is much much more difficult than any of the others, so people going in expecting this to play and beat this like the soulsborne games are gonna be in for a shock.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

All of the Soulsborne content creators who have spent years of their lives mastering these games have all said that Sekiro is much much more difficult than any of the others, so people going in expecting this to play and beat this like the soulsborne games are gonna be in for a shock.

yeah! i don't know if it was SunlightBlade or someone else that stated that you cannot cheese your way in this game by spamming the attack buttons and it will be more difficult even for good DS/BB players. i spect this to be a 10-15% rarity plat.

16 minutes ago, Arielferrari19 said:

yeah! i don't know if it was SunlightBlade or someone else that stated that you cannot cheese your way in this game by spamming the attack buttons and it will be more difficult even for good DS/BB players. i spect this to be a 10-15% rarity plat.

Yes, Sunlight, Vaati, Terra, Iron Pineapple, and even Lobosjr have all said that we are going to have to readjust our mind set and muscle memory for Sekiro. I'm excited for it

• Like 1

I'm very interested to see how this plays out. You wouldn't believe the crap i hear about how this game will fail because it's a horrid soulsborne game(it's not soulsborne) or how since the game is going to be so hard the game will flop because it has no coop(i never cooped in soulsbornes and did just fine)

2 hours ago, nazareth357 said:

Yes, Sunlight, Vaati, Terra, Iron Pineapple, and even Lobosjr have all said that we are going to have to readjust our mind set and muscle memory for Sekiro. I'm excited for it

That's what gets me about people talking about it though. It sounds to me like they went into a game with different mechanics with a Souls mindset and so that made it more difficult than it needed to be. Sekiro looks like the sort of game where you have to take advantage of being more maneuverable and unlike Souls or Bloodborne where you weren't really agile it would be very difficult approaching this game like you would in those. It's what often tripped up a lot of people when they played Nioh, they went in thinking it was a Souls game and while it kind of was, it was a faster game with different mechanics. 

That's not to say Sekiro can't or won't be difficult in its own way, but it feels to me that people are overestimating how hard it actually is because they tried to approach the game in a way they just thought was going to be similar to a Souls game because it's a FromSoftware game. If this were an Armored Core game and someone tried to play that like Dark Souls it would also be very difficult to play.

• Like 1