thefourfoldroot

Your Longest Time to Plat and Why

116 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

For me, its tied between Watch Dogs 1 and Assassins Creed IV Black Flag. Watch Dogs because for so long I was dreading the RNG OF the songs you have to randomly find off random civilians . Assassins Creed because I was stuck on sequence 11 between the ships battles and Rogue waves and the forts shooting at me I was having an impossible time . I was stuck just trying to finish the story.   Both games took me 4 years and 7 months to platinum

Edited by johnnyjh

Star Ocean The Last Hope, 4 years and 6 months, I think there's no need to explain...

Borderlands 7 years 5 month. Modern games don't hold my attention for long.

Smackdown Vs RAW 2010 took me 5 Years and 1 Month because I didn’t know there were no Online Trophies. If I had known I might have gotten earlier. I find that when I earn my Platinums though it’s always when it should happen.

Ratchet: Deadlocked. 5 years 1 month. At the time I started it, it was very buggy and had a lot of glitches so I put if off. Accidentally put it off for to long haha.

Buzz!: Quiz TV

2 year’s 11 months.

L4be492.png

I started the game before I knew of trophies and came back to it later when I first started trophy hunting.  One of my first.

For me, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt fully completed at 3 years and 5 months. The reason it took so long was not due to difficulty or time, but simply because I didn't care much for trophies when I started and didn't play it for about a year or two. 

For in-game time, I think it's a tie between Monster Hunter World and SAO: Hollow Fragment.

I think I'm currently/lately going for more chanllegning platinum so instead of getting the 15 plats a month with the cheap easy plats I'm getting like 1 plat a month with more difficult games. Busy with Witcher 3 but that might make it the longest time without a plat as I'm enjoying for the game and not worrying about when I get the plat. Actually don't want to get the plat to quick because it will mean I've come to an end of the most beautiful experience I've had with a game. I don't normally do the DLC's but I'm definelty going to go for B&W and HOS DLC when I'm finished with the base game

Dying light... I played at launch and the 100% trophy was bugged and after 3 patches and 4 more 100% plays i finally got the plat. Not fun at all...

Posted (edited)

All 33 Trophies
5th June 2019  Platinum in 3 years, 2 weeks

Edited by tjoe1bkhjtqxm
Thought the longest one was Diablo III Reaper of Souls: 2 years and 4 months.

1Lefe39c.png

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/462-dead-nation/KennethMcCormick

8 years, 3 months, 2 weeks! 😂

My former longest was GTA IV, with almost 7 years between Off the boat and Taking a Liberty.

I downloaded Dead Nation when Sony offered games to apologise for 2011 PSN outage for like a month, installed it, barely played it and never touched it again: I was still rather new to console gaming at the time (bought my PS3 mainly for reading BDs), and as your typical film buff, I was more interested in story driven games. Top-down shoot-em-ups didn't really appeal to me.

Years passed, I became a more versatile gamer, and looking at my stats on this website, I set myself a few personal goals just to spice things up a little bit, namely getting to less than 500 unearned trophies (check), 95% completion (check) and getting at least A ratings on all my games (working on it).

Dead Nation was one of my only two E rated games on this website (the other one being Red Faction: Guerilla), both wallowing at the bottom of my trophy list with a single measly trophy each, so I started it again earlier this year between other games, set my mind to finish it once and for all last week, and voilà! And I don't regret it one bit, as I quite learned to love that game, actually. Next two on the list are Red Faction (rated E) and Lords of the Fallen (C) (which I don't intend to plat, let alone 100%, just get them to A rating). And there are other games and DLC to finish afterwards, but I doubt I'm going to beat this more than eight years personal "best"! :D

Excluding stuff that I still have to finish...

Resident Evil 5 on the PS3, 3 years and 6 months

I wasn't really interested in this game, I just bought it because a friend wanted to play co-op, and we blasted through it on the highest difficulty... which is a nice trophy to have, but then I had to re-do it again for the collectibles, grind out the eggs, etc. Wasn't until I platinumed the Revelations games when I started craving for more Resi that prompted me to finish it up.

On 8/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, Brightblade76 said:

Star Ocean The Last Hope, 4 years and 6 months, I think there's no need to explain...

LOL, what a surprise.

For me it is also Star Ocean: The Last Hope, at  9 years and 5 months. What a boring grind...

13 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

LOL, what a surprise.

For me it is also Star Ocean: The Last Hope, at  9 years and 5 months. What a boring grind...

And here I was flaunting my 8 yrs +... You're just doing that to spite me, aren't you :D

Joke aside, wow, 9 years...

2 hours ago, KennethMcCormick said:

And here I was flaunting my 8 yrs +... You're just doing that to spite me, aren't you :D

Joke aside, wow, 9 years...

I'd just pick it up for an hour here and there over the years. What's remarkable is that I kept a mental record of everything I had made, the progress I had made towards BTs (over two separate games), and it was remarkably accurate.

Grand Theft Auto IV probably
I don't think an explanation is really needed for that one.
Another one that took a long time was Drakengard 3 mostly because I couldn't beat the final boss and took me months to beat it.

Reached 50th plat today, so to sum up

1. 5 years 2 months - Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch

I had only grinding left in the game, and couldn't be bothered. Completed it before I started on the sequel

2. 1 year 8 months - Dead or Alive Xtreme 3: Fortune

Not particularly fun anymore.I used to play Volleyball so I buy aømost anything related I find. Strange to have a game where you miss the Water Scooters (from DOAX2) in a game where volleyball should be the main event.

3. 1 year 6 months - Dreamfall Chapters

When I saw I had to play through it twice things got tedious. I also have it on Steam, which is even older and I haven't gotten past the first chapter.

4. 1 year 4 months - Akiba's Trip: Undead & Undressed

Also kind of a grind, completed it the same day as the PS4 version,  or else it would have taken even longer

5. 1 year 2 months - Final Fantasy XV

Not particularly fun anymore. I watch movies instead.

5. 1 year 2 months - The Bard's Tale

Buggy achievements made this a long haul for everyone that bought it early. Thankfully they patched it, not all developers do that.

The main reason is to work and take care of other things. Not all of them play.
There are things we deserve to do and develop. Games are free time and some time.

i love longest time with platinum , but i have some game fast achive cause my friend he pro like me and he always challenge me and i love defeat him lol

Edited by SoundDreams

51 minutes ago, SoundDreams said:
The main reason is to work and take care of other things. Not all of them play.
There are things we deserve to do and develop. Games are free time and some time.

i love longest time with platinum , but i have some game fast achive cause my friend he pro like me and he always challenge me and i love defeat him lol

You mean you get fast times because you CFW Games?

I mean holy fuck, you really don't have anything better to do that you hacked every trophy one by one just to make yourself look like that you have a 11 year old ACC? Just to brag on people that you have "X" game 100%ed? Get a life man

Also, nice save edits on Sekiro,DS3 and DSR:)

Edited by Nostalgy_Furi

Grid autosport - 2 years 3 months.

The 100 wins and the level 250 in multiplayer were both a pain in the ass

It took me one year and eight months to get the Platinum of Dragon Ball Xenoverse.

Just one word, just three letters: RNG.

Borderlands 2 on PS4 took me 2 years and 9 months. The only reason this was the case, is I made my PSN in the summer of 2016 at a friends house before I could afford my own PS4. Got one or two trophies from the start of the game when we played co op, and in September of that year was when I actually got my PS4. I got The Handsome collection almost immediately, and over the next few months we played online and got most of the trophies if I remember correctly. It wasn't until earlier this year that I actually sat down to slam through the last handful of trophies that I couldn't be bothered to get over the years.

Got a new record since my last post (that early this year): Need for Speed Most Wanted PS3 is now at 6 years 2 months. First title to go over 6 years mark.

Reason why is i started the game (Aug 2013) after it was given for free by EA. Did a few races but didn't enjoy it. I do prefer the sim like racing games with racing tracks. Controls felt wonky. Finished a few races almost a year later, still didn't feel good. Dropped the game until in June 2017 i decided i'll get the mp trophies with a friend together. Almost another year later i saw a very good offer for the DLC bundle and decided i'll get the mp dlc trophies because it bugged me that the game was at C rank.

After i was done with the mp dlc trophies i was happy that my xp earned in mp counted also in sp. So i did win all Most Wanted Races. Only thing left mostly after this was win all races for base game and the 4 dlcs. It took another 2 years until i decided it's time to finish this off :D ... At the end the dlc races felt easier than the vanilla races but that may be the result of 100+ hours driving in total. Still think cars don't drive well. Not a good experience :P

Edited by Evil_Joker88

Assassins Creed Unity. Took me 1 year, 1 day, 8 hours. Why? Well, I hate online coop missions in games. But you needed to do them to get all skill points.

But one day I just did them anyway. Wasn't a big deal, but I tend to ignore trophies that are forcing me to do stuff I don't like.

Strider took me 4 years, it was a plus game that I tried when I got my PS4 at around December 2014 but never really got in to. Fast forward to December 2018 and after getting the plat on Castlevania SOTN I needed more metroidvanias so I rediscovered this gem and got the plat.