thefourfoldroot

Your Longest Time to Plat and Why

120 posts in this topic

It took me just shy of 8 years to Platinum the PS3 version of God of War III for the following reasons:

1. Lost the disc for a few years
  2. Got hit with a weird glitch that would freeze/crash my PS3 every time I tried to load a save or start a new game. This persisted for 2-3 years until one day it just started working as intended
  3. I sucked at Titan Mode

I love friends when I watch them challenge each other

Edited by SoundDreams

The Last of Us Remastered took me just over 4 years purely because I had done the online on the PS3 version and couldn't be bothered to have another go until I learnt that playing backwards on Grounded made that mode easy so I went for 100% at that point.

Uncharted 3 took me over 7 years because I don't like the uncharted games (or in general tomb raider like games. I can understand that people like the game but the genre, in general, isn't my sixpack of beer). So with the server shutdown on the PS3, I had to get shit done. I may finish the previous titles on PS4 in order to see at least the story from first to last title.

I think Musou Orochi Z on PS3, my save data was over 400 hours when I got platinum. So much grinding in that game. It's weird to look back on it now, because most of that I played coop with my EX gf.

Longest overall time from start to finish was Troy Warriors, 5 years and 9 months according to this site.

Lego Indiana 2 on PS3 took me 4 years and 8 months according to the site.  This was gearing up to be my first ever platinum and I was raring to go but the "beat all levels in freeplay" trophy was glitched and I couldn't get it to unlock despite me playing through the game twice in free play.  Eventually I gave up and moved on but it always bothered me when I saw the game on my profile.  Finally, after a few years I decided to try it again.  Beat the first two levels and it popped.

Rocket League took me 3 years and 5 months to fully 100%. Solely because of the DLC. Need for Speed: Rivals is the longest that took me without at 3 years and 1 month because I had 0 interest in trophies until I played Unravel, and I've loved them ever since. 

Recently I platinumed Prince of Persia (PS3) the reboot and it made me laugh that it is now my slowest platinum ever at 10 years and 10 months. I was wondering what other peoples are?
We always look at fastest platinums but how about your slowest?

Fallout New Vegas, at 3 years, 11 months, 3 days for the platinum. 
It only took me a few weeks in real time, but I played the crap out of it before I cared about trophies. It was an amazing game to return to for the trophies :) 

Final Fantasy X-2. It's a tale of sorrow and woe, and one I'll expand upon in greater detail in the most recent platinums thread when time comes. Suffice to say, I finally turned a corner late last month, and now I've got all my ducks in a row, ready to be cashed in at the most opportune moment. Which is when, you say? You'll just have to wait and see... :yay:

Assassin's Creed Brotherhood, at one year, five months. Bloody online trophies still give me nightmares...

Prince of Persia PS3, 10 years 10 months.

My reasoning being I just didn't like the game when I first played it haha.

Recently I plugged my PS3 back in and was looking at games I could probably platinum and I had an urge to do some wall running...

Probably Friday the 13th. You realise just how many microseconds there are in an hour when you're grinding out those last trophies.

Resident Evil 5 on PS3 - 9 years and 4 months

A friend wanted to play co-op last year so finally decided to go for the platinum on it.

L.A. Noire - 3 years , 8 months.

I legit forgot about this game then rediscovered it in a backlog hunt. Shame on me for missing this masterpiece.

Bioshock Infinite on PS3 - 6 Years, 3 months and 2 weeks.

Got this game on my 22th birthday, played it once, played the DLC a year later (though this was long before my trophy hunting days). Originally I wanted to platinum Bioshock 2 but this game has no multiplayer and would be perfect for my 50th platinum as it is one of my favorite PS3 game. But the main reason I didn't platinum it sooner is because my PS4 distracted me.

Playtime-wise: Final Fantasy XIII

I've spent 120-130 hours on this game till i got the platinum. The main reason why it took me so long is because of that Treasure Hunter trophy. Upgrading six weapons to Tier 3 was a pain in the ass. Also, farming materials.

Year-wise: Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3)

1 year, six months. My current record. There many reasons for this, but mainly because i was away from home a lot, be it work or my military training. Also, that platinum was a long journey. Still worth it.

These two are my current record holders, but someday that will change since i'm planning to resume some of the older games i haven't finished/started. Until then.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - PS3 

6 years, 3 days. My record for the moment, probably won't top it anytime soon(maybeefirst Jak one day). The game is good but tech orbs just suck as a collectible. Incredibly frustrating, easy to miss and there are A TON OF THEM. Didn't have any good phone/tablet to use guides when I first played it and didn't want to return later. One day I though that 60% overall completion is kinda not good and here we are now with 85%. 

Edited by Akrioz

It took me nine years, two months to 100% GTA IV (got the plat a year earlier). The game was really difficult and grindy, simply put. Very satisfying to have finally got it done.