thefourfoldroot

Your Longest Time to Plat and Why

157 posts in this topic

Final Fantasy X - 4 years, 8 months, 3 weeks.

Took me a long time because I took years long breaks in it twice.  First was I just was like I'm probably not getting this plat and was bored and moved on to something more doable and was actually fun.  Went back and wiped out most of the grind, but didn't want to deal with blitzball and dark aeons, so I stopped.  Went back and did blitzball and other stuff and then stopped short of the last two trophies.  Then finally wiped out the last two trophies.

Though if I ever get the FFX-2 plat that will beat it since I started that around the same time and finally am going back for the last few trophies.  That one is sitting at over 6 years since I earned the first trophy in it.

NEED FOR SPEED: SHIFT - Completed in 8 years, 3 months

1. Started playing it 3rd Oct 2010.. and lost interest after seven days.
  2. Continued playing it 22nd Apr 2016.. and again stopped playing it after 7 days 😆.
  3. Finally returned to this game in January 2019 and achieved the online DLC trophy on 4th Jan 2019. Also boosted some badges online and finished carrer stuff on 19th Jan 2019.
Edited by Geridian
Wording

Recently beat my “record” by finishing Yakuza 0 after 3 years 10 months.

originally couldn’t do Mahjong and gave up, but after teaching myself I went back and managed to do it and then it was pretty easy run to the plat. In fact I’ve done the next 3 Yakuza games too as I’ve learned to love mahjong.

Call of Juarez in 10 years and 3 months.

Reason : takes me a while to get to my backlog

Longest for me is 12 years 3 months. 1st earned trophy ever was off the boat in gta 4 on October 30th. Platinumed and 100%ed the game a week ago 😂 could say I took a little break

teenage mutant ninja turtles: mutants in manhattan. the top trophies ive earned of all time are from this game it's stupid hard

Urcharted Drake's Fortune remastered in the Nathan Drake collection.He tooks 2 years and 9 months.I dropped it for so long and i decide to platinum this year.Also for me isn't uncommon to drop a game and platinum it later.An example is also Mafia 3 or Watch Dogs.