White Knight Chronicles Solo Help - UPDATED!

Hey... Can I use this thread to talk about the second game as well? Yeah I could talk about how I am one trophy away but this is what I'm not here to do....

I focused on using the bow while focusing. in my agility stat. This class I recommend is for people who want to heal themselves without relying on potions. With the focus on agility ... You could stay in the fight for awhile and be able to help your party member if they fall.

For those who went for the long sword... I suggest finding equipment that gives strength bonus of you like dealing damage rather than healing....

Some Monsters in the game have "break" points in which should be hit first in order to increase the drops of the enemies as such.

Do WKC 1 trophies pop in WKC 2? I vaguely recall the 1st game being included with the 2nd.

Yes they do. The first game is included with the second game. That is how I started.

Nice thread Griff, if I can still plat it I'm definitely interested. Tried to get people together right before the servers went down but no luck.

I tried to but to no avail.

Edited by GamepartnersTV

Do WKC 1 trophies pop in WKC 2? I vaguely recall the 1st game being included with the 2nd.

WKC1 on WKC2 disc do not pop WKC1 trophies. the game is just remastered with WKC2 gameplay. For WKC1 trophies you play WKC1 same for 2.

Hey... Can I use this thread to talk about the second game as well? Yeah I could talk about how I am one trophy away but this is what I'm not here to do....

I focused on using the bow while focusing. in my agility stat. This class I recommend is for people who want to heal themselves without relying on potions. With the focus on agility ... You could stay in the fight for awhile and be able to help your party member if they fall.

For those who went for the long sword... I suggest finding equipment that gives strength bonus of you like dealing damage rather than healing....

Some Monsters in the game have "break" points in which should be hit first in order to increase the drops of the enemies as such.

I was actually going to make a separate forum for WKC2.  I am not that good on WKC2 as this will be one of the plats I work for when I get back to America (China sucks FYI)

I started the series when I heard about the shutdown and managed to come out with both platinums. I don't know how much help I'll be since I avoided soloing anything unless it was rebirthing, but I'll see what I can do.

The biggest question mark here is: can you still access the DLC quests (such as Trail Blazer, Troll Treasure, etc) now that the servers are down? If yes, it's still doable, but if not, you might as well forget it. Supposedly, the 50 S ranks becomes one of the hardest trophies to get if you don't have the DLC quests as there are only 51 quests without it, which means you'll be stuck having to solo the likes of King of Dragons III, and some are very luck-driven like Strike like the Wind and Take your Lumps.

Just a few notes about some of the trophies

- The equipment collector trophy can actually be gotten as early as NG+, as that is where mine popped. You'd have to buy quite a bit of stuff from the stores though to make it happen.

- Likewise the equipment maniac trophy, which most people tend to save for last, can actually be gotten as early as GR10. You'll need to bind a lot of stuff then buy one of everything from the stores offline however.

- Quest items like the carnations and ripe fruits, count towards the Item trophies. Most people get Item Maniac around GR10 provided they've been harvesting and playing different quests.

I think what will need to be done here is to compile a list of quests that can be reasonably soloed at a certain GR and any ideal equipments for that GR that don't take too much hassle (i.e. don't require you to kill boss monsters multiple times) to bind and upgrade at that GR. Something like

GR9

Equipments:

Geist Pike (Dragonfly+5 and Fire Dragon Horn)

Quests to run:

Dragon's Heat II (break the Fire Dragon's tail until it drops a horn)

If a quest does require you to kill a boss, you'd probably need to include an equipment and inventory setup as well as tactics, as you really need to know what you're doing if you're doing the solo route, since bosses can be quite unforgiving with that knockdown.

• Like 1

Is it still platinumable even after the servers close?

If you have logged in before the sever terminated, yes you can obtain the plat offline. However, even with that it's still extremely hard. I'd say it's even harder than Star Ocean 4 or Demon's Souls without glitches.

If you haven't logged in a single time when the server was up, then it's impossible to plat this offline. 

• Like 2

If you have logged in before the sever terminated, yes you can obtain the plat offline. However, even with that it's still extremely hard. I'd say it's even harder than Star Ocean 4 or Demon's Souls without glitches.

If you haven't logged in a single time when the server was up, then it's impossible to plat this offline. 

Actually this should have been mentioned in the first post, since the 50 S ranks are impossible to get solo if you don't have the DLC quests. The way the thread is done may make the impression that's possible.

As for this being harder solo then SO4, I have to agree, since both games aren't to hard, but are a grind fest.. as for Demon's Souls, I wouldn't say it's harder, since DS isn't hard because of the grind (Yes, it may be a pain to get the Pure Bladestone solo for some, but the difficulty to plat don't come from that, but yes from the game itself).

PS:I Plat both EU and US versions of DS, and had to grind the Pure Bladestone in both since no one would give me one, but in both games I end up getting 2 Pure Bladestone drops in 3 or 4 hours (yes I was that lucky..), so my sense of difficulty regarding to the grind on that game may be a bit different from others... and my main difficulty on it was the Penetrator in NG+++ in the US game (the 1st of the 2 I played, then I learned a few things when doing the EU version, that 2nd platinum felt like a bad joke..)

Just noticed you were asking for tips on how to grind gold solo, then from my experience Sprog Cleaning 2 doing the EXP grinding loop.

This loop with a wind elemental spear, Sonic Javelin and enough power to do about 400 can kill everything in 1 hit, and allow to do a run in about 7 minutes. High Defense is useful to allow a full run without healing, and some kind of sleep protecting equipments (like the glasses if the armor used doesn't have this protection).

The loop I usually do is just on the starting floor, and killing the lizards to get the key item to spawn the spiders in the 1st spot, close to the start.

Per run this gives about 13k gold for the kills, plus 7-10k gold for selling the drops (of a single run).

The only thing better then this is running BR3 if you are able to do it in 3-4 minutes, but to be able to run BR3 this fast you need to be GR14 (that's the earlier you can get final gear for the Spear class), while the Sprog Cleaning can be done that quickly at about GR11 (I was doing it at GR12, but wasn't wearing the chest piece, and was hitting for 600 damage, taking 1 damage per hit).

• Like 1

I think you don't need Geonet to unlock DLC quests. Just install the patch and access the world map for the first time.

Edited by SuperZay

If someone can confirm this that would be fantastic. A little hard for me since I dont have a ps3 anymore (sold it cause i moved to china)

I remembered that i could access the dlc quests offline but i'm not sure if its only in the second game. As long as you have the guild rank for the quest (for example quibble with kibbles 2 need guild rank 26) or access of the area in story mode (such as Balastor Plain).... I think it could work.