White Knight Chronicles Solo Help - UPDATED!

I remembered that i could access the dlc quests offline but i'm not sure if its only in the second game. As long as you have the guild rank for the quest (for example quibble with kibbles 2 need guild rank 26) or access of the area in story mode (such as Balastor Plain).... I think it could work.

what I mean is for those who have never put the game into their system before. If the can still get the dlc quest or not since the servers are offline

Here's a little help for people who have not started this game at all

First off, get to Dogma's Riff and unlock all the locations. At this point, you should be roughly around level 35. At this point, you should grind to the GR rank of 7 by working your way up with easy quests and grind out to GR 7 by playing BR3 (after you've played all the easier missions at least once for various items for binding and the item count). Once you've reached GR7, finish off the game and start a new game+. Revisit all the old treasure chests that you remember from your first playthrough and many of these chests will be filled with GR7 weapons. Once you get back to the final place again, grind to GR8 with Boot camp 2 (at this point you should be getting close to level 50, if not, then play some sprog cleaning to level up.). Then, go ahead and explore the final palace and you should find GR8 armor (confirmed) and possibly a few weapons (not confirmed). This will make a good starting point towards the grind of your life without too much heartache.

Also, as a reminder:

-Upgrade your binding level from time to time. This could be a potential pain in the ass if not upgraded since all the best weapons can only be obtained through binding

-Hoard your items (esp. any type of ore) these are vital in upgrading weapons which can be binded into stronger weapons.

-Don't upgrade your armor too much because most armor can easily be replaced by better armor (GR9 and below)

-remember to learn buff magic (haste, fortify, etc) along with healing magic (up to Heal II) and use it before a boss in a quest.

-Learn 1 move that will allow you to gain AC no matter what class you pick, for only a cost of 20 mp, you can get 2 AC (which are used for combos that can potentially take massive damage) in barely any time at all. it sure beats the hell out of doing it the old fashioned way.

-The "purse" trophies are obtained by the amount of guilder at one time, so if your getting close to a magic number (100,000, 1,000,000, or 10,000,000) then sell ALL of your items, claim your trophy, and reset your game.

-Also, realize that any magic that revives a fallen party member is now useless (since you can't revive yourself), so don't waste points on them or anything that only increases the range of your healing magic such as Fortify+, Haste+, or Heal All.

• Like 4

Here's a little help for people who have not started this game at all

First off, get to Dogma's Riff and unlock all the locations. At this point, you should be roughly around level 35. At this point, you should grind to the GR rank of 7 by working your way up with easy quests and grind out to GR 7 by playing BR3 (after you've played all the easier missions at least once for various items for binding and the item count). Once you've reached GR7, finish off the game and start a new game+. Revisit all the old treasure chests that you remember from your first playthrough and many of these chests will be filled with GR7 weapons. Once you get back to the final place again, grind to GR8 with Boot camp 2 (at this point you should be getting close to level 50, if not, then play some sprog cleaning to level up.). Then, go ahead and explore the final palace and you should find GR8 armor (confirmed) and possibly a few weapons (not confirmed). This will make a good starting point towards the grind of your life without too much heartache.

Also, as a reminder:

-Upgrade your binding level from time to time. This could be a potential pain in the ass if not upgraded since all the best weapons can only be obtained through binding

-Hoard your items (esp. any type of ore) these are vital in upgrading weapons which can be binded into stronger weapons.

-Don't upgrade your armor too much because most armor can easily be replaced by better armor (GR9 and below)

-remember to learn buff magic (haste, fortify, etc) along with healing magic (up to Heal II) and use it before a boss in a quest.

-Learn 1 move that will allow you to gain AC no matter what class you pick, for only a cost of 20 mp, you can get 2 AC (which are used for combos that can potentially take massive damage) in barely any time at all. it sure beats the hell out of doing it the old fashioned way.

-The "purse" trophies are obtained by the amount of guilder at one time, so if your getting close to a magic number (100,000, 1,000,000, or 10,000,000) then sell ALL of your items, claim your trophy, and reset your game.

-Also, realize that any magic that revives a fallen party member is now useless (since you can't revive yourself), so don't waste points on them or anything that only increases the range of your healing magic such as Fortify+, Haste+, or Heal All.

Good advice one the divine skills Grave. Might I suggest that the revival stones are a lot of help? at the beginning of a quest throw one on and then when the quest starts go grab another from your inventory. just dont use them against dragons as dragons can reset your buffs

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

no biggie just need someone to check it out for me

confirmed!  Just started WKC on a guest account with no PSN access (since geonet was down figured it made no difference), made it up to the Greydall Plains, which is where the guildquests open up, and at 1st was only able to purchase the quest in the starting city. But after going to Balastor Plain and exiting the zone, Boot Camp 1 & 2 opened up (blue DLC type quests).  Although I was just testing, and stopped after acquiring those quests, I think it would be a good assumption that as you unlock the correct guild rank, other DLC-type quests will automatically open up.

Again to emphasize, I have had this game in cellophane for almost 2 years, and just opened it prior to testing this on the guest account, so had to install the patch 1.01, meaning there is absolutely no way I was on geonet before the servers closed.  Looks like the plat is still attainable, which makes me, and I'm sure others quite happy! :)

• Like 4

confirmed!  Just started WKC on a guest account with no PSN access (since geonet was down figured it made no difference), made it up to the Greydall Plains, which is where the guildquests open up, and at 1st was only able to purchase the quest in the starting city. But after going to Balastor Plain and exiting the zone, Boot Camp 1 & 2 opened up (blue DLC type quests).  Although I was just testing, and stopped after acquiring those quests, I think it would be a good assumption that as you unlock the correct guild rank, other DLC-type quests will automatically open up.

Again to emphasize, I have had this game in cellophane for almost 2 years, and just opened it prior to testing this on the guest account, so had to install the patch 1.01, meaning there is absolutely no way I was on geonet before the servers closed.  Looks like the plat is still attainable, which makes me, and I'm sure others quite happy! :)

Great!!! Thank you for the info ;)

Hey thanks for confirming this for me! 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I just got S rank on my 6th quest and because I choose to be a Mage(not knowing about the servers being down)its actually quite difficult. I've had to play monkey in the middle with the bosses because most of their attacks throw me to the ground. I've also been using the ”inspectables“ on the bosses, so that I can build a combo around their weaknesses. For those who read this: follow griffthedragoon's advice about building up your spear skills. I'll post again when I S rank 20 quests.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone got any tips for what to solo to get to GR 11 as I'm at GR 10. I got to that rank way before the servers shut down but stopped playing because of other games and I was sick of grinding for loot for weapons and armor. 

Current gear

Black Fang +10 Non-elemental

Hero's Plate +10

Hero's Gauntlets +10

General's Pants +10

General's Boots +10

Paladin Cloak

Colossal Ring

Dragonslayer +10 Wind-elemental +2

Devil Bringer+10 Fire-elemental +3

Demon Blade +10 Earth-elemental +3

Agito +10 Water-elemental +3

• Like 1

If you're playing WKC1, the quest that is most efficient for GR grinding is Best Served Cold.  Use your particular weapon's skill to maxx out your AC, then make a beeline for the boss.  Bring an ice-enhanced weapon for the extra damage, kill the Fire Giant, lather, rinse, repeat.

At GR10 with the right equipment, Best Served Cold 2 is the one you want if you can handle the giant.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey guys, I managed to play this game a bit before the servers closed and got to GR 8. Been thinking of repicking this up though and have a quick question.

I picked the longsword and have the class at 100% level 45 right now and Sprog Cleaning is close to impossible as I die way to quickly. I am thinking the best way forward is to farm BR1 until I get to level 50 then do a rebirth and focus on the spear as my main and just put all other skill points on one skill at a time for the Master Skills trophy before choosing Spear as my final build.

Does that sound reasonable or does anyone have any other tips? I stopped playing because the teammates I asked for help went off without me and just vanished when I needed help back at the server closure. (Plus the grind is a huge bore lol)

Edited by BlazzingWind

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Dr_Stranamore said:

What I want to know... is it just time-consuming or also hard? Because I can bear hard games or time-consuming, but not hard AND time-consuming.

It's absolutely going to be grindy/time-consuming.  WKC was basically an MMO after all.

S-ranking all those quests is probably going to be the most difficult part of the grind, because without the servers you're going to be stuck doing it solo.  If I'm recalling the mechanics of the original correctly, I'd strongly suggest using a Spear-based build because Spear damage scales off of (one or both of) your Defense/Vitality.  Building yourself a spear-wielding tank, therefore, has a double benefit in that you'll pump your (physical) defense while you're also pumping your attack power.

The other part of the grind is going to be material drops for all of the binding, but a lot of that can be done in concert with S-ranking quests.

It may still be hard, anyhow, but a Spear build ought to make it less so.  Enough to make a difference to you?  I've honestly got no idea.

• 2 months later...

I'm playing WKC1 japanese version (which has a separate trophy list) 100% offline, and currently I've arrived to GR11 with following: 45 S ranks, 3 million gold, 402 binds, unknown number of unique equipment but I feel like I'm close to 500. I hit a small wall now because to further upgade my equipment I need gems from GR11 quests (S rank only) and realistically I can solo only Only Game in Town 3 and in my +10 GR10 equipment it still eats a lot of charge drinks to solo three golems in 38 minutes which are required for S. There are some tips I can give to those who'll attempt this:

- use jp wiki http://wns.gkwiki2.com through online translator, it'll give a lot of useful info about S rank conditions, exact drop rates, will help with planning upgrades etc.

- when planning which gear to get for current GR (GR10+) keep in mind that only a few sets can be upgraded to max at your GR (for GR10 it's Centurion and General set (excluding sets which require blues from hard quests), and for GR11 it's only Valiant set). You'll not get +10 bonus if you'll bind other sets, though it's always useful to have +9 light armor for speed/RES

- optionally you can setup your georama at GR7 to start getting up to GR11 harvestables early on, you can also research which citizens have a chance to give harder to get drops like ancient guardian/ancient dragon's after every quest

- play in short bursts to avoid burnout, no matter what route you choose (efficient GR grind or varied quests for all kinds of drops) it'll take hundreds of hours

- (only for JP version) enjoy 10+ extra quests which will make 50 S ranks trophy much easier, but you must not quest at all until you finish the story. The reason for this is there are 3 unique GR1 quests which scale difficulty with your current guild rank, and they become incredibly hard after GR3 and will continue to scale till GR15. So you'll want to S rank them when you are still GR1 but in lv40+.

Edited by SuperZay
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...

This is guide still viable? Or is there any other builds that has been found that makes it slightly more easier? Or is this hands down the best to solo with?

I ask because I decided to do my first playthrough today and I don’t want to make any mistakes lol