White Knight Chronicles Solo Help - UPDATED!

• 1 year later...

~60 hrs into the game, I'm NG+, GR 7 & working through low to high quests for materials. Have always loved this game, despite missing the multiplayer aspect now returning to the game years later. Let the grind begin! ? The hardest part for me will be not splurging on georama upgrades before I get the last coin trophy.

There is almost nothing of substance to this "solo" guide.

I'm about 275 hours in, and GR11. Slowly writing up my own guide for it for the those wanting the punishment in the future. It's a slow grind, couple hundred thousand GR points a day. Just started the 11 to 12 run, which will be exactly the same as the 10 to 11 run. 

I know some guides say its all achievable at rank 14, but we'll see. Heard it can be substantially easier at 15, so at least there's that. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Multi_Tasking said:

There is almost nothing of substance to this "solo" guide.

I'm about 275 hours in, and GR11. Slowly writing up my own guide for it for the those wanting the punishment in the future. It's a slow grind, couple hundred thousand GR points a day. Just started the 11 to 12 run, which will be exactly the same as the 10 to 11 run. 

I know some guides say its all achievable at rank 14, but we'll see. Heard it can be substantially easier at 15, so at least there's that. 

I look forward to the guide you put out as I one day get back to grinding the one out solo. 

20 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I look forward to the guide you put out as I one day get back to grinding the one out solo. 

I might actually start organizing it a touch and get the first iteration of it out soon. Though most of it is just simplest to make gear/BR1+2 strat at the time.

Did find out recently I had slightly undergeared myself for BR2 when I could knock it out about a minute or so faster, so I've got that going for myself now at least. Also not doing much else other than BR1-2 since GR is what we want most, and everything else is not quite beneficial. Tried to make the first tier Georama armor, and unfortunately found out that unless I want to grind some higher end enemies, capped at 45 bug/troll/drag until GR13. Didn't try the other sets though, didn't want to spend a lot of time on it when it'd probably fail. 

Even though it isn't quite as good, debating on running BR1 another 48 times to just make it an even 2k and then switching completely to BR2. 

BR3 is doable right now, but such a pain and pointwise is ALOT less than BR2 runs. Did get some rank 9 pearls though. Haven't found a great place to farm rank 7 or 8 pearls though. 

On 24/05/2021 at 4:51 AM, Multi_Tasking said:

Slowly writing up my own guide for it for the those wanting the punishment in the future.

Please be sure to post it when you're ready; I hope you'll cover BR2+ and it's 'glitch' in some more depth. :')   

I've just hit GR8 and noped out of trying to follow some of the 'descriptions' on it I could find, haha. Currently an axe user anyway so I think I'll go bow next when I'm ready to do my first rebirth.

4 hours ago, x-laura-c-x said:

Please be sure to post it when you're ready; I hope you'll cover BR2+ and it's 'glitch' in some more depth. :')   

I've just hit GR8 and noped out of trying to follow some of the 'descriptions' on it I could find, haha. Currently an axe user anyway so I think I'll go bow next when I'm ready to do my first rebirth.

I had the EXACT same issue trying to understand the "glitch" for BR2, i actually just ran around BR1 trying to get him stuck on things to figure it out. Took awhile, but I FINALLY did it.

The descriptions people give are typically awful. One guide was just " Run right, then run left hugging back wall." 

Its kind of hard without a real video. So imagine the BR field

X-----------------     <- there's a line that runs into the pillar

(start)  |               A

| 

Y()

C         B   (CRACK!)   

X is the pillar on the right that's kind of slanted. Y is the pad where a pillar was, but isn't there anymore. () is where we want to trap big red.

So you start at "start." Run IMMEDIATELY TO A, BR should stop just above where X is. 

When he starts to move ( he'll go to the right side of where X is. ) run to B. There's the pad where a pillar was, and the big crack on the ground, run inbetween it and sort of stand on the first step in line with him.  ( You might get hit here, practice makes perfect)

He will "probably" stop just above where Y is. You may need to wait at B until he starts moving again, moving early can sometimes cause him to run around Y, it takes a bit to get used to the timing.

Once he gets around even with Y, move to C. Try to stand as far to the right side of the screen as you can, but out of his range. With a bow, crits can knock him back, but if you're on the far right side, he'll just recatch himself in the glitch. 

Play BR1 a few times and just get used to the positioning on it. 

It's not super useful until you can do BR2 faster than several BR1 runs. ~Rank 10 I feel like it switches over, but 9 is easily doable. 

For BR2 - he won't welter stirke until ~50% hp. Use inspire + sting x 8 until he either "Draws power" or Starts Welter strike.

Fate's Favor here is NEEDED. Draw Power + Welter strike = Instant death. 

Favor is good for 3 attacks, as soon as your third attack goes off, RECAST FF.

On draw power - If he hasn't welter striked in awhile, use fates favor

- if he welter striked within 3 attacks ago. Wait a couple of attacks, and then use fates favor.

- if he uses it immediately after a welter strike - wait 5-6 attacks.   

Timing can be a bit weird on it, takes some getting used to, you'll learn the rhythm.

For Welter strike - If he hasn't used Draw Power on this iteration - Eat it. 300-400 damage, just heal 3 it. 

- If he HAS used Draw power, your FF will absorb it.

To avoid knockdown from Welter strike.

You'll see the text - Red is readying welter strike. and Set up an attack, but don't execute it.

Wait for the second line of "Red used Welter strike" and then execute your attack then. Your animation will cancel out the knockdown.

Combos - Bullseye + sting. 1 ac cost. spam after he starts Weltering or draws

Rinse repeat. Lower GR levels might need a MP3 potion or an elixir because if you spam FF too much, you'll run out of MP quickly.

As far as gear - My GR11 is currently using 

Fairie  Bow +8 (+5 at GR10, wait for BR3 to get r9 pearls to take to 8 upgrades to +4 extra int and 3 dex)

Spectral mail +1 ( Upgrading not worth it, +1 vit )

Earth Fists +1  ( i'd like to upgrade, but materials are hard to get.

Spectral Culottes +5 (upgrades to +1 dex)(Home of the Knave 1 boss drops higher GR items than he's supposed to. Took 17 runs to get the drops I needed.)

Mystical Socks

Colossal Ring

Earrings of War

And because rank 7 and 8 pearls are annoying to farm, I used water elemental stones from All in the Cards 2 (GR10) to upgrade some gear. Not as efficient, but easier to farm.

Edited by Multi_Tasking
  • Like 4

As far as grinding BSC2 goes I found myself rebirthing in Sprog Cleaning I and tackling the grind from GR9 onwards much more reliable because I didn't want to die to Welter Strike over and over (or maybe I needed an excuse after 500 BSC1 runs to do something more entertaining).

Now that I rebirthed and got all those passive attributes I am switching my gear from the running part (GR7, Doom Stuff) to being naked with a Sylvan Strongbow +4 Water when I reach the boss. With the above method Big Red is a no brainer as Draw Power + Welter Strike doesn't kill you in one hit, leaving me with about 100hp short to dying. I could argue that using Fates Favour is more time efficient here, but you definitely don't need to be as attentive because you won't die right away when messing up with the timing. With this method I have had runs completed in around 10 minutes of time.

I don't know yet if switching around the timing of going for GR10 and Rebirthing gets me stuck with not enough money in the end as every guide states you get a "substantial" amount of guilder for doing rebirths in Sprog Cleaning II.

I am at around 2 million guilder and 3m GRP atm.

Plus, I am trying to note every step after starting NG+ that I took for this plat. Some of the information was found in some of the old threads of the neoseeker forums. If anyone is interested I'd compile that stuff to make it readable lol.

Edited by pzkd
  • Like 1

On 5/30/2021 at 7:48 AM, pzkd said:

As far as grinding BSC2 goes I found myself rebirthing in Sprog Cleaning I and tackling the grind from GR9 onwards much more reliable because I didn't want to die to Welter Strike over and over (or maybe I needed an excuse after 500 BSC1 runs to do something more entertaining).

Now that I rebirthed and got all those passive attributes I am switching my gear from the running part (GR7, Doom Stuff) to being naked with a Sylvan Strongbow +4 Water when I reach the boss. With the above method Big Red is a no brainer as Draw Power + Welter Strike doesn't kill you in one hit, leaving me with about 100hp short to dying. I could argue that using Fates Favour is more time efficient here, but you definitely don't need to be as attentive because you won't die right away when messing up with the timing. With this method I have had runs completed in around 10 minutes of time.

I don't know yet if switching around the timing of going for GR10 and Rebirthing gets me stuck with not enough money in the end as every guide states you get a "substantial" amount of guilder for doing rebirths in Sprog Cleaning II.

I am at around 2 million guilder and 3m GRP atm.

Plus, I am trying to note every step after starting NG+ that I took for this plat. Some of the information was found in some of the old threads of the neoseeker forums. If anyone is interested I'd compile that stuff to make it readable lol.

Sprog 1 is great for farming money on due to the insane amount of spiders you have to kill to get to 50. IIRC, level 50 is something like 60,000 xp, and each spider is only giving about 100 xp at that time. So that's 600 spiders to kill just for one level. I forget how much cash they drop, but it's either 100,150 or 200, so even at the low end of 100, that's 60k in pure money for 1 level, add in the 15 levels required and its something like 250k or so. 

Buuuut, the time investment is the real downside there. Farming xp that way still takes a few days of playing ( at like 3-4 hours a day ) to complete. 

Now - Don't be afraid to spend your money, but don't spend it on stupid things. 

I'm at 3.8m and about halfway through rank 11. ( with about 500k spent, and 5-700k in items to sell ).

To hit GR13 and actually get to my next spending point, I'll gain another ~750 BR2 kills. Each kill+bonus is 3266g x 750 = 2.5m and would bring me to a pure 6.3m Add in his loot and that's probably more like 7.5m or so, which is not even close. 

At GR13 you have to get a rank 8 town ( -470k ) and then the georama gear, which I don't know the exact cost, but probably around 100-200k, so i'd be back under the 7m mark.

But again - none of that matters because BR3 - who drops around ~25k per run ( counting loot ) and assuming I was at ~7m when i get the rank 13 georama gear, would only be a paltry 120 runs to hit 10m, which is really nothing because at GR13 you still need to farm up to 14, and 120 runs would be around HALF of the 13-14 run. 

Assuming you still only do BR2, you'd gain around 1.6m in pure money, and then whatever his drops were. 

TLDR : Don't worry about the 10m achievement, assuming you spend only when you really need it, you should be right around 10m when you hit rank 14 and even if you're not. It just adjusts how many times you have to farm BR3

• Like 2

Thank you so much for that BR2 guide, Multi_Tasking!! It's incredibly helpful and much appreciated!

I'm a small ways off of GR 9, so I think I'll do my first rebirth once I rank up and give it a go. I was hoping to wait until GR10 to do all of my rebirths because of how quick it reportedly is, but I think realistically I'll want to do one or two way before then so I can actually stand a better chance at harder quests. 

Well, wrapping up the last 500k of points til GR12.  Would have been done tonight, but game crashed on my very first run, so I'm doubting it finishes that grind today.

Then about a month more to hit GR13 and I'll finally be able to really start writing up the meat of the solo guide.

Even at 300-500k a day-ish still takes forever to rank up.

Edit - and finally rank 12. The end is so close now. Just another 10 million points! That's only 425 runs of Big Red 2!

Edit 2 - Still plugging along. About to break the 25 million GR mark, just 6.8 million more to go. Going to be a bit wonky for the next while though since my work schedule is getting weird. Might slow down a tiny bit. Still hoping to hit 13 by mid July or so. 

Edited by Multi_Tasking
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...

Things have not gone to plan.

Rank 13 Georama armor... eh, helpful but did not give me nearly enough power to complete.

Bumped up to R14, but now I appear to hit another wall, which may take some time to try to figure out. 

Anyway - I need to be able to farm lv. 10 pearls reliably in order to start upgrading the gr14 gear, but as of right now, have no  way to do it, Can't kill BR3 fast enough to S rank it to get pearls, and some of the easier to solo quests { Lost Children 3 } cap out at r9 pearls. 

Once I get this solved out, progress should be fairly quick, at least I finally got the 10 million G trophy.

Current plan - Need to find way to upgrade my r10 weapon to r11 or 12, that may give me enough power to do BR3 S rank if I throw back Charge drink 3's and combo him as fast as I can. There's basically zero information for this portion and makes me wonder how anyone has finished this.

Edited by Multi_Tasking
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Multi_Tasking said:

Things have not gone to plan.

Rank 13 Georama armor... eh, helpful but did not give me nearly enough power to complete.

Bumped up to R14, but now I appear to hit another wall, which may take some time to try to figure out. 

Anyway - I need to be able to farm lv. 10 pearls reliably in order to start upgrading the gr14 gear, but as of right now, have no  way to do it, Can't kill BR3 fast enough to S rank it to get pearls, and some of the easier to solo quests { Lost Children 3 } cap out at r9 pearls. 

Once I get this solved out, progress should be fairly quick, at least I finally got the 10 million G trophy.

Current plan - Need to find way to upgrade my r10 weapon to r11 or 12, that may give me enough power to do BR3 S rank if I throw back Charge drink 3's and combo him as fast as I can. There's basically zero information for this portion and makes me wonder how anyone has finished this.

Sending you all my support from here. I'll be attempting to follow in your footsteps at some point in the future to finish up my long hiatus from this game.

• Like 2

Well, looks like Youtube had my answer... maybe. 

Going to have to try it out and see, but it at least "looks" promising.

Buuuuuut.....

Going to require remaking all my gear, reincarnating to use a spear, creating multiple spears so this could take awhile. 

For those following along though, the video of how to get rank 10 pearls with minimal gear, supposedly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euNQl_v0PHQ

Real downside is there are some fairly rare and harder to get materials on the list of the gear they're using. 

Dragonscale shield requires Pure Heart, which is a <1% drop from T3 Awahnee, along with 5x fire dragon skulls, which are semi-rare at ~2%

Wyvern Plate+5 is expensive but not terrible. (+6 requires r10 pearls)

Centurion Plate needs 8 Troll Claw+, which I have to find a decent Troll Farming spot, thinking LC3 might work.

General's pants is easy, just gatherable materials, tad time consuming, but easy. 

General's boots need 4 Hard Massive Jaws, again T3 Awahnee @ 2% drop rate

Weapons in the video are 2x Flame Spear, 2x Ox Tongue and 1 Emerald Spear

Spears don't look "too" terrible, but still gotta dig into them some more. Finished the Wyvern Plate+5 tonight. Working on the rest later. No clue for most of the upgrade materials since the wiki is severely lacking on those. Writing the materials down as I go.

wyvern plate upgrades  ( farm scales, buy the greaves/faces) Scales - Monumental Treasure 3
1 -Opulent Lizard scale    
2 - 2 x Opulent Lizard Scale  1 Troll-King Greave
3 - 2 x Troll-King Greave       1 Gold Face+
4 - 3 x Opulent Lizard Scale 2 Gold Face+
5 - 3 x Opulent Lizard Scale 3 Gold Face+

Edited by Multi_Tasking

Did you tried to get Pure Hearts by doing quests where Awahnee appears as a regular mob (ex. Strike Like the Wind III), breaking their head and back, running away to reset their HP and repeating? Break farming is the fastest way to get any drops, but some items can't be obtained that way (ex. Dragon Heart+ can but Dragon Skull+ can't). I'm not sure about Pure Hearts because jp wiki was shut down, but. I got plenty of them by spamming Memorial Servant III for GR points around GR10, it's a not too rare quest reward if you pick Awahnee as the final boss.

• 6 months later...
On 5/24/2021 at 5:26 AM, DaivRules said:

I also look forward to this solo platinum guide!

Both White Knight and Star Ocean 4 are both games I've been daunted at completing but hate how low they are completed. Well, this week I found an amazing guide for SO4 that really cuts down on the time to get that sweet platinum which has me considering this now as well. 

I'm also super curious what the time for WKC2 is using a platinum save from WKC1! I don't think I've ever seen anything about that either. 

Either way - good luck and keep up the good work! 

• 1 month later...
On 16/6/2022 at 0:53 AM, LezardValeth80 said:

Both White Knight and Star Ocean 4 are both games I've been daunted at completing but hate how low they are completed. Well, this week I found an amazing guide for SO4 that really cuts down on the time to get that sweet platinum which has me considering this now as well. 

I'm also super curious what the time for WKC2 is using a platinum save from WKC1! I don't think I've ever seen anything about that either. 

What guide for SO4?

• 2 months later...

Phew, I just got the platinum for this tonight. Twelve years in the making. Actually my friend had this game and I got one trophy way back then. I eventually came across a copy of the game and went for the plat. I played it on and off for like 2 years probably. I liked WKC. I would've been into the online play. Offline these days, it was just a comfy RPG to grind after a long day. Definitely possible to platinum solo. It just takes forever.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, NC-TV said:

Phew, I just got the platinum for this tonight. Twelve years in the making. Actually my friend had this game and I got one trophy way back then. I eventually came across a copy of the game and went for the plat. I played it on and off for like 2 years probably. I liked WKC. I would've been into the online play. Offline these days, it was just a comfy RPG to grind after a long day. Definitely possible to platinum solo. It just takes forever.

Any chance of writing up a guide? 

On 10/28/2022 at 6:10 AM, Gethron said:

Any chance of writing up a guide? 

I kinda just followed guides and strategies that already exist. Spear build, divine magic, a few bow skills (only used them for Best Served Cold 3), a bunch of stats and all that. White Knight Chronicles Neoseeker wiki was probably the most helpful site for me. You can look up item drops, quest guides, monster weaknesses, georama info, etc. This site is helpful for equipment binds and upgrades. The translations aren't perfect but it gets the job done. The Erm is good too.

Other than that, Best Served Cold and Home of the Knave (to a lesser extent) are good quests to grind for early GR. Lost Children 3 is good when you can do that. I did Memorial Servant 3 a bunch later. Pretty good for guild points and has a lot of useful item drops. I recorded a video for that quest that I'll get around to posting on Youtube eventually. I also posted a video showing how to get Big Red stuck and S rank BSC3 using a bow.

Other tips I can think of:

• Hoard money. Get the 10 million achievement, then build a Georama. It's like the only thing to spend money on. Buying items from it gets pricey, but it can save a lot of time and hassle with binds.
  • Eventually you'll want a weapon for each element. And one non-elemental weapon. 1 point in the element is fine. (I ended up with a +10 Emerald Spear, 3 Ox Tongues - 1 water, 1 earth, 1 non-elemental, and a Flame Spear)
  • Casting through the main magic menu is faster than casting in battle. You don't have to wait for your next turn; just cast one right after the other. You can get Haste/Inspire/Fortify up pretty fast like this. Or a Heal III or two. You can also cast while you're knocked down like this.

Mostly it's just a bunch of time spent grinding.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 16/6/2022 at 0:53 AM, LezardValeth80 said:

I must check but I think it took me something like 550 hours for WKC1 solo plat and 500 for WKC2 importing my endgame WKC savegame where I didn’t use several materials yet. Thousands of BSC runs to shorten play time. Do at your own risk lol