Your ranking means nothing

AJ_Radio

22 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The title will probably offend a few people who like to stack a lot of games

Some people stack game because want have the same experience once more, stack all Atelier games need around +300 hours or stack two time Persona 4 golden around 160 hours, so no everyone stack just for ranking.

In my eyes, the leaderboards mean nothing.

I'm with you, if trophy hunter became in a kind of competence could be bigger than the main event of WSOP, of course without remuneration.

I don’t think many people care about their ranking

Maybe some people like see the her/him number green instead red. ?

The rankings equate to quantity over quality

Of course, I think everybody think this is a solemn true. ?

Edited by AlchemistWer

Let’s just get rid of the leaderboards entirely then since they are so pointless. At least then I won’t have to waste time reporting cheaters.

Do I care about my ranking? Somewhat. I want to move up in the ranks but without playing trophy whoring games I won’t so I’m happy where I am.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, Spaz said:

The title will probably offend a few people who like to stack a lot of games. This is just my opinion. 

What do you all think?

No shit hey:awesome: of course you going to offend some people with such a topic. You are not entitled to an opinion especially those that care for the leaderboards

But seriously I used to worry about leadersboards until all these quick plats starting popping around a year ago. I fell into that trap into buying cheap quick easy plats and stopped enjoying games just so I could climb up the ladder. At one stage I was on a average 13 trophies a day. Trying to gain spots was a absolute waste of time and money especially with gamers getting all these quick Asian easy Vita plats. 

So now I just play games for fun and if I enjoy the game and the plats within reach then I will go for it. I still enjoying popping trophies and the challenge some give but I'm not going to fall into that trap of going for easy quik plats just for the sake of leaderboards

At the same time if a gamer enjoys going up on the leaderboards and getting quick easy plats then that's all up to him. Whatever tickles your fancy. 

At the end of the day it's a personal choice and challenge because "most" gamers don't really worry about others profiles and trophy hunters are a small minority in the gaming world. 

• Like 2

I mean he's got a point who's really going to pass

Roughdawg4

Hakoom

Nmxwzy

Some kids on here get so tilted when someone wants to shareplay or boost a trophy who cares? you're not going to be #1 anyways play for fun ignore the hunting gods

• Like 2

nothing wrong with seeing your rank at X and moving up a few to Y. doesnt need to be about being best or whatever. but everyone uses the site for various reasons.

I always felt that for someone to be in the top 1000 of the world, either you have 0 life and never leave the house and are a loser, or you're getting paid for it. not to sound negative lol. (hopefully you get paid lol)

but really I have no issues with leaderboards. or ranks. for me its completion rates. I'd rather beat a game and have my enjoyment and move on to the next. dont need 100% in every game. so long as you enjoy the games and get your worth out of them. :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

You mean the several people per account that play nonstop? True true

Precisely.  Maybe if it was a more even competition where more than the top .1% had a chance, it'd be more interesting.  The average and above average player cant compete with team accounts, trophy buyers (including visual novel/quick plat spammers), and people buying trophies.  It is what it is I suppose

• Like 3

1 minute ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

nothing wrong with seeing your rank at X and moving up a few to Y. doesnt need to be about being best or whatever. but everyone uses the site for various reasons.

I always felt that for someone to be in the top 1000 of the world, either you have 0 life and never leave the house and are a loser, or you're getting paid for it. not to sound negative lol. (hopefully you get paid lol)

but really I have no issues with leaderboards. or ranks. for me its completion rates. I'd rather beat a game and have my enjoyment and move on to the next. dont need 100% in every game. so long as you enjoy the games and get your worth out of them. :)

Thanks to Sometimes You and @RatalaikaGames it is not THAT difficult those days ;).
And anyway - it is a hobby like any other: you like to collect stamps, you love to do the marathons (which is more healthy than this for sure :D) or you are catching butterflies.

Same thing. Ok, similar :D.

And as you have mentioned, if you could combine the hobby and "work" ("being paid for") together and YOU, personally, YOU are happy about it - perfect combo! And why anyone else shall care?

There are people who are showing their naked bodies on Instagram - thousands of people are following it. I find it strange, but if they are interested in it... Why not?

I am following the top50 of PSNP LB. Is there a difference between me and the Insta people? :).

Simply IMHO: In the end - no one cares ;)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KondeBra said:

About all this trophy hunting:

-Worst case scenario: I 100% a game that I paid a lot and get the most value of it

-Best case scenario: UN sees my profile and decides that I should lead the world.

There is no guilt for trophy hunting, at least for me.

Man i'm sooooooo hoping best case scenario happens.

Can you imagine what the world would be with a trophy hunter leading the world ?? 

(Images of Trump teabagging all the other presidents while Putin steals all the loots comes to mind...)